I am a SAD panda about epic quest

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-RDMyth, Feb 6, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-RDMyth Guest

first off i realize that are started can drop from any thing in seb with names being higher chance, i had a full group and sat there for over 3 hours killing PHs and Names and my group got 7 of the shards for the AA mirror and not one dirge epic starter. this to me is a load of **** since from what i have seen every other starter takes no more then say 5 mins to get. i also know i am not the only dirge who feels this way. so please add to my post if your disappointed as well.
  2. ARCHIVED-xMELTx Guest

12 hours killing heirophant, phs, and trash. got about 15 mirror things and 2 dirge starters.... 2 starters in 2 hours thats ********. up the drop rate.. like OP said, we're the only class it take s longer than 5 minutes to get.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kelticdragon Guest

I completly agree spent all day trying to get my epic starter with no drop, *sigh* back up bright eyed and bushy tailed ( which is wrong for a ratonga) in the morning to play some more evercamp again. Please please please up the drop rate.
  4. ARCHIVED-JerronBlacksilver Guest

I got mine from the Heirophant after 4+ hours of camping, probably only because the zone was deserted. OP happened to be in my group (What are the chances, we're Guildies-and he'd already dropped group, real life interference and all). One quill in a little over 4 hours...all I have to say is, that'd better not be an indication of the rest of the quest series! Up the drop rate, please!
  5. ARCHIVED-PcJUNKE Guest

after 5+ hours i left my grp of 6 dirges next time the name popped it was discoed on my server............ im a sad panda
  6. ARCHIVED-gatrm Guest

plus the need to compete with assassins on mobs- if soloing for the starter you have a very limited number of frogs to kill- Sebelis was filled with dirges and assassins last night farming frogs.....most other classes can get the quest starter in grey areas. As far as I know, only wizards are as bad off as dirges.
  7. ARCHIVED-juzamaku2 Guest

Well, Dirge is my second toon, Inq being my main, let me tell you that Inqs have it worse than dirges...Don't get me wrong, we are both ******.
  8. ARCHIVED-missdoomcookie Guest

This is not working as intended and will be fixed. Many apologies for the headaches.
  9. ARCHIVED-xMELTx Guest

hmm its "frogloks are unlockable at launch" all over again. great job. when can we be looking forward to fix? tomorrow morning or 3-5 days?
  10. ARCHIVED-Bounty Guest

Inquisitors are far more screwed than you guys seem to be. Although that does suck, but it sounds like ours is only dropped off a specific named with a long spawn timer in chelsith and it doesn't seem to even be a 100% drop.
  11. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

missdoomcookie wrote:
    Thank you for quickly addressing the problem.
  12. ARCHIVED-Lindar Phamoncry Guest

Dev post in the Dirge forums FTW!!!! Many thanks MissDoomCookie! the sooner the better!
  13. ARCHIVED-Brutte Guest

man you guys are easily mollified, they admit they screwed up and screwed us on our epic starter, give no eta on a fix, or if they even plan to fix, I wanna say WTG SOE, once again you failed miserably due to a lack of testing. commendable, I always wanted to pay to beta test a game.
  14. ARCHIVED-Necroibe Guest

missdoomcookie wrote:
    it happens atleast its not intended could of been worse so i'm happy knowing that much
  15. ARCHIVED-Melodee Guest

missdoomcookie wrote:
    Thank you for responding so quickly. Although I'm not old enough yet, I can't wait to see what I have to look forward to sooooo........ all you AB level 80 dirges, get to work I want a link when I get home from work tonight :)
  16. ARCHIVED-Belaythien Guest

missdoomcookie wrote:
    So what does that mean? Are they dropping too frequently? Will they drop from nameds only tomorrow? Can we expect a fix in GU 54?

All this does is make people angry towards the devs and each other. Who "balances" these things? Personally I lost interest in these epic wastes of time. I play a Dirge and Inqui. Both have to farm for ridiculous amounts of time. Screw those epics. They cannot be that good to be worth so much of my time and patience.

Epics sounded fun but not even being able to get the starters is just a sad misdesigned joke. Big words up front and bad delivery once it goes live. I wasted an evening and that's the end of it. We all know how "fixes" turn out around here.

Edit:
    That dev response is just canned spam, I've seen in several threads concerning epics. So don't get your hopes up. If it wasn't so sad I'd be laughing hysterically right now. It's almost worth seeing them fail so badly. Epic weapons? More like epic fail .
  17. ARCHIVED-missdoomcookie Guest

Belaythien wrote:
    What this means is that it wasn't dropping off as many mobs as it should be, a fix was checked in at the time that the original post was posted, both for this and the Inquis epic. And that you can expect the fix by way of a hotfix very shortly.
  18. ARCHIVED-laurelistar Guest

I am very glad to hear that this will be fixed.. however I think at the least we deserve an ETA of the hotfix. I have spent 4+ hours in Seb over the last 2 days and have yet to see a drop. This is beyong rediculous and simply telling us it will be fixed does not make me feel a whole lot better about the hours I've wasted already on this quest.
    Do we dare hope it might be fixed by tomorrow so that some of us could actually start the quest? If not, SOE could at least let us know when we can expect it to be fixed.
  19. ARCHIVED-missdoomcookie Guest

It will hopefully go in tomorrow if all goes well.
  20. ARCHIVED-JerronBlacksilver Guest

Personally I'm glad to hear this response instead of something along the lines of "Oh well, that's the way it's supposed to work. Deal with it." Thanks, Doomcookies