I am a SAD panda about epic quest

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-RDMyth, Feb 6, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-GeminiStar Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    Ok so how about now we fix the melee hit rate that has been broken from launch so that we can actualy use the proc.
    Lets remember Dirges do not have a melee stance so we kind of have to rely on our gear and one song for our melee skills giving us a "100% crit chance" proc that lasts hardly any time at all is still nothing when we get around a 50% chance to hit mobs. I need the devs to make some characters and give them gear we use then go into some higher end zones while running whatever parser they choose, then look at the hit rate and tell me that is "working as intended".
    Also can I get some sort of reasoning on why this is a slashing weapon when all of our gear has always been pierce? Also why is the damage on our epic lower then every other scout and our delay is 3.5?
    Well I guess we are not scouts seeing how we still dont know what poisons and stances are, seems Dirge and Troubador are slot fillers to make a 4th Scout type to even out the Mage, Fighter, and Priest.
    Honestly I do not like the 4 Spell crit either and I don't really want Melee crit as much as I would prefer double attack or AE attack.
  2. ARCHIVED-Psychochimpy Guest

And you were getting Ornate Chests containing Everlasting Quills? I'm just trying to make sure before I get my guild to stop what their doing on their epics to go down there.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lauraliane Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    Yes, but no, this is an awesome proc, but not a "dirge" proc, I play a dirge, a very specific and unique class which bring debuff and buff that enhance the whole group and even the whole raid. Through this buff and debuff I bring a lot of "indirect dps", and this is what makes the dirge class.

If I wanted personnal dps I d be playing assassin, swash or whatever, but not a dirge. So, yes, that proc would be totaly awesome and logical on an Assassin weapon, but that's not what I was expecting as a dirge. UNLESS the proc affects the whole group in the "epic" version, or something is added that affect the whole raid or my group, directly through buff, or indirectly through debuff, as the dirge class is supposed to do, then I ll be disapointed.
  4. ARCHIVED-GeminiStar Guest

Follow up on my last post.
    This is for all of the devs but I do not know what any of them play except Aeralik as I have seen him on beta as an assassin.
    About hit rates and Dirges, yes we do have a good melee skills buff but it also helps everyone ontop of their current melee skills buffs from whatever they may use.
    My point here is join a raid and take off your offense stance and all poisons so you know the boat we dirges are in for hit rates and you will see that this proc while being very nice really does not work well for upper level (orange mobs mainly) mobs as it does not last long enough to make any use of it. Then tack on that it is Slashing skill and just about all Dirges are geared for pierce skill. So to use the weapon that is supposed to define our class we need to redo most of our gear just to make general use of it.
    I am not calling anyone out on this nor is it supposed to be an attack on anyone and I am not trying to be rude at all, BUT when we do a quest like this expecting something awesome and are thrown a weapon that is sub par for our class it is kind of annoying.
  5. ARCHIVED-Torrin Guest

To those complaining about the Epic Weapon.. step back and think for a moment.
    The effect basically makes all Melee-Based Attacks do maximum damage..
    That means: Grievance, Shriek Blade, Grim Strike, Bump, Scream of Blood Initial Hit, Turnstrike, Rhythm Blade all will do Max damage in addition to our Autoattacks.
    The 4% Spell Crit is very very nice imo, as most of the gear I've seen and have gotten.. my Melee Crit (and this is without PvP Sets or VP Loot mind you) is 30%, my Double Attack is 36% DualWield, My DPS is a static 70 and over 100 with 2 procs (Str Ring + War Mantle), Spell Crit however is a measly 9% and 7 of that comes from DKtM.
    You guys Do realize roughly 1/3 of Damage we do in PvE and most of the Damage we do in PvP comes from our Spells right? Banshee, Lanet's, Jarol's, Penetrating Shriek, Howl.

The only change I would make honestly is increase the Duration to 8seconds or the Proc rate to 2.1. 6sec and 1.5proc rate just doesn't seem enough to take advantage of the boost.. Would get 1 autoattack swing in and if you're very very fast and lucky 1 quick CA (Grievance / Shriek Blade) in as well.

Does the Melee Damage Boost affect items that Proc "Melee" Damage (War Mantle, Planar Orb if people still use that, etc.)?

As far as apperance goes though.. it is the MOST Lackluster Epic I have seen yet. Barely tell it's any different than any other sword in the game. the "twin blades" look to it you have to look at it up close and straight on to see it otherwise it looks just like a normal sword. The particle effect it has is barely even noticable.
    But then look at the other weapons... Warlock Dagger is awesome, Brigand Sword is the one many Dirges i know myself included were hoping would be the Dirge Sword. Even the Swash epic looks better, and the Fury Epic looks freaking awesome!

So to sum it up:
    Change the Look, Change the Proc rate or Duration and you have yourselves a winner.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lauraliane Guest

Torrin wrote:
    As I said above, no matter how "uber is that proc for your dps", I don't [I cannot control my vocabulary] care. I do NOT want to increase my personnal dps, I am not playing an assassin, I am playing a DIRGE, I want group buff or debuff, or anything that enhance my ability to help the WHOLE group or raid. The "raid" version better affect the whole group, then I will agree it is an uber weapon.
    Oh and yes, the look blow, I want the Brigand or Swash one too
  7. ARCHIVED-ReturnOfMadness Guest

honestly, the epic is utter trash, if ur spells are 1/3 of ur dps learn to play

as for the last dev that said it was one of the best procs, atleast bother to learn about dirges, the bloody epic was delayed by 2-3 months and most of us said, grumbling ok if it gets delayed it might get better...

but nooo we get this piece of ****, that got a louzy rate of having a starter drop, not a single bit of what was said was even considered over on eq2flames, people suggested alot of good things, crazy things sometimes but good nonetheless. Atleast next time ya come up with this trash, just say it out flat: we dont give a crap about your opinions and we just wanna **** it all up over and over and over and never learn from our mistakes
  8. ARCHIVED-Psychochimpy Guest

Nailaim@Runnyeye wrote:
    Actually they did listen. The proc's effectiveness increases when we take an active role choosing what we do in combat, which is exactly what was suggested in the thread.

I'm not going to totally badmouth the weapon until I get it, but as it is, the starter is still impossible to get.
  9. ARCHIVED-Brutte Guest

funny I got a PM fropm Gnorbrin saying there was no threads about dirge epic starter not dropping or taking forever to get, guess they don't read these forums. WTG SOE
  10. ARCHIVED-Brutte Guest

cut and pasted from a previous post

To those complaining about the Epic Weapon.. step back and think for a moment.
    The effect basically makes all Melee-Based Attacks do maximum damage..
    That means: Grievance, Shriek Blade, Grim Strike, Bump, Scream of Blood Initial Hit, Turnstrike, Rhythm Blade all will do Max damage in addition to our Autoattacks.

and just how many of those are gonna land in the 6 seconds the proc is active? you get 1 spell off and maybe 1 autoattack from each wep and then guess what, back to craptastic dps from a POS weapon. this dirge epic weapon is EPIC FAIL, I give it 2 thumbs down and a middle finger in the air to the dev, from both hands
  11. ARCHIVED-missdoomcookie Guest

I am sorry that I estimated the fix being pushed today. I was under the impression it would be with today's, but it was pushed to a fix early in the coming week.
  12. ARCHIVED-Psychochimpy Guest

CONFIRMED DROP

Gorowyn Hierophant
    Deep Chardok - Library
  13. ARCHIVED-Jaza Guest

I'm actually happy with the proc...the stats are alright, and I dont mind that its slashing at all. Stats and Slashing or Piercing is a fixable issue on the players end. Stack more str/agi/int whatever with other items, and start bidding/rolling on slash gear. Its a player choice in the end. It's not sony's fault that most of us prefer piercers.

My major complaint comes from the delay not being 4.0, and therefore having a much smaller max damage.
    This item *needs* to be 4.0 to expect raiding dirges to use it.
    4 Spell crit also needs to be melee crit.

Good start, please fix it soon..or leave it be, and make the final raid version properly.
  14. ARCHIVED-Dominuss Guest

First of all I would like to say that I enjoyed the story from the quest(after I could finally get the starter to drop). Nice job there.
    Secondly, I am fine with how the weapon looks.
    Lastly, I totally agree with what several others have said here. The Proc is nice. But it is to short. The spell crit def needs to go to DA or MCrit and the top end damage is to low.(Just look at the other scout epics). If any two of those three things were fixed I think our Epic would be on par with several of the other classes. I am not going to be to down on the whole thing until I see what our raid upgrade looks like but I must admit I was a little disappointed.
    Tilt
  15. ARCHIVED-GeminiStar Guest

Jaza wrote:
    So we should change all of our gear around that has always been about pierce (including our VP armor BTW) to slashing just because some dev messed up and made the dirge epic a sword?
    Also the stats are not nice, this is the EPIC it is supposed to be the BEST you can get by far and it just is not as there are weapons that are out that are better. Honestly Soulfire Saber is better, it may not hit as hard but atleast it is pierce with better stats on it.
  16. ARCHIVED-Lalaya Guest

missdoomcookie wrote:
    thx for info - at least now i know better than to spend my time in your game. i'm really disappointed, i was looking forward to gu42 actually but this epic screwup robbed me of all the fun. seeing other classes advancing through their quest and having to camp, hope and being disappointed all over again was nothing
    i expected. the whole rare drop for a quest starter reminds me of shattered lands and the quests back then. at leat i knew what i was getting into back in t5 days.
    i whish every class could experience what we dirges go through thes days just so i could read all the posts about how bad you designed the quest and at least would
    be more entertained than from farming sebilis

/epic sigh
  17. ARCHIVED-Gallereo Guest

Who cares if it is a piercer or a slasher.....it's a weapon. The proc is alright (would like duration increased)

Only thing I say to add is an overall modifier to every song instead of a +spell dmg. Kinda like the old EQ1 Bard epic where the sword acted like every instrument.
  18. ARCHIVED-Belaythien Guest

Our epic is a disappointment. I really wonder why they bring something like this live. The Epics aren't balanced or well designed.

We cannot start our quest, unless we waste DAYS farming the starter. Yet we have to watch others complete it, who merely have to walk to an NPC to start theirs. Yes yes it is going to be fixed eventually, when everybody else has their weapon already .

Our weapon is extremely weak. Due to its low proc rate and duration, the proc's impact is minimal at best. If it was at least group-wide, it would be on par with procs other classes get. "definitely one of the best procs in game"? What game? The only thing definite is that it cannot be Everquest 2.

Look at the weapons other classes get, e.g. Wardens or Mystics get a huge +healing bonus and a proc for a large amount of mana on every second healing crit. That is fantastic compared to the lousy thing we get and it is perfectly tailored to their class.

This is yet another reason why there is hardly anything to look forward to in raids or quests. All we get are useless items or items we have to make compromises for, because they were designed for "real scouts". Please get a dev that knows non-cookie-cutter classes and actually cares for how people play them, to design items. Along with the fabled bard set (There is WISDOM on a bard set, a BARD set! Not that this was the only thing wrong with this set, but it's the pinnacle of ignorance towars bards :D.), this weapon is another proof there is something very wrong in RoK itemisation.
  19. ARCHIVED-Zhephiraa Guest

This weapon is a real joke, but a bad joke. Betters weapon drop in T1.
  20. ARCHIVED-NiteWolfe Guest

WTF is up with the bottomless devourers? iam healping a friend do this for 3 days now. we have been into vaults and maidens 3 times each now ( 17 hour lock out after each one) and he has only 1 of the 2 required updates! We cant find these mobs anywhere else other than locked out instances!