House Question

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Voozoo, May 18, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

I personally love the housing in Gorowyn... IT seems very upbeat and lively there.

If I were you, before making another error in judgment about the housing... Go to Gorowyn and Neriak with your evil character. You can look at the houses easily enough. You can take a tour to see empty houses, or visit one that has the rent paid. Then I would Create alts to look at the Qeynos and the Kelethin housing. Just to get an idea of what they are like before moving. Personally, I used to love the Qeynos housing, but since Gorowyn and Neriak opened up, they do not even compare for me anymore. Kelethin housing is very lovely as well (all round as it is a acorn), but the travel to and from there is a pain in the tush sometimes...
  2. ARCHIVED-Voozoo Guest

Elorah wrote:
    Neriak i hate... it's all in a dark... cave... i have a SK alt there... HATE THE PLACE!!! :p
    As for Gorowyn... i'll have a look, i hear there are 5 room houses there...
    How do i get to Gorowyn?: P
  3. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

In East Freeport past the broker, there is a floating carpet to Sinking sands. Take that. Once in SS, RIGHT click on the carpet under the tent to the left. Select Timorous Deep. That will bring you right to Gorowyn.

Gorowyn takes some getting used to as it is a volcano, but it is brighter then Neriak. To get to the houses, you need to go inside the Volcano. Take the elevator to the First stop. Once off the elevator, look to the right for a snad colored ramp that goes up the side of the volcano. Follow that ramp and continue to go straight through the platforms until you reach the mail box and Collections NPC. There is a door after the mailbox on the right. Go inside, you should see the broker, 2 bankers, and all the crafting stations. The 5 rooms are in this area.....

If you were on Butcherblock, I would suggest seeing Kalinia's 5 room in the upper tenements...
  4. ARCHIVED-Rhiaden Guest

I agree about the Gorowyn 5 rooms being awesome, and I love my necros 5 room inn in Neriak..so much potential, however, the only reason I love the Qeynos and Freeport ones so much is the outdoor space in the 3 room ones :)

Yup, freeport is a little rustic looking, but it suits my defiler down to the ground, her 3 room SFP place was originally going to be a "hovel" type place, but over the weekend it has somehow turned into a dodgy looking cheap youth hostel, which happened by accident when I was putting bedrolls in the garden for her to crash on after too much partying.
  5. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

Just to add more about Gorowyn, it is currently the best starting area in the game as well. IT has the better progression between quests and the better rewards. It is an evil city, but all alignments can go there to quest. Only evil can live there though and you must be a citizen to do so. The quest to change citizenship from FP to Gorowyn is quite simple too.... no need to gain faction like when you change alignments...
  6. ARCHIVED-Voozoo Guest

God this kills me! :p
    Can someone post some pics of that city? and also tell me if there are gardens with the homes you get?
    thanks again
  7. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

Someone told you about the gardens in some houses and you bought a house without forming your own opinion...

As I told you in the other thread... you can make a garden ANYWHERE! The FP and Qeynos houses only give you a small area in them where the items will sink (which many use as a garden), but you still need to place the items in such a way to look like a garden. I would seriously take a look and see which you like better. If you need to... start an alt in the cities and look at the housing... You can always delete that alt after, but look for yourself and see which house is more your style...
  8. ARCHIVED-Rhiaden Guest

Make lots of alts when you get home, and pop round the different cities, it always looks different in pictures :) Then you can see the houses both empty by touring, and full by visiting :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Voozoo Guest

1 more hour and i'll be home "alt-ing" :p
  10. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

Take a peek at the Norrathian Homeshow for lots of houses and how they were decorated. The Garden that I made was posted there, but I tend to like waterfalls and pools more in my gardens then tons of flowers... lol
  11. ARCHIVED-Miladian Guest

Voozoo wrote:
    If you go to the forum Norrathian Homeshow and do a search for Gorowyn in there you will probably find more than enough screenshots of houses there to fill up the rest of your year with new ideas for your home, or to help you decide if you want to live there.
  12. ARCHIVED-Voozoo Guest

Elorah wrote:
    i prefer water and pools to, not a big flower fan... i do enjoy a nice bonsai and trees thow...
    specially bonsais
  13. ARCHIVED-Rhiaden Guest

ooh, waterfalls would be good in my musical house, my freeport outdoor one is going to be a bbq pit after a holiday weekend, stacked wine urns and beer kegs, broken benchs etc etc *grins*
  14. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

Voozoo wrote:
    The pics that I posted in your other thread were from the Gorowyn house. It has trees, some flowers, water....

The thing is that you get an empty house... It is up to you to get it to look nice and 6the way that you want it...
  15. ARCHIVED-Kahlef Guest

As Miladian said, just give a look at the Norrathian Homeshow and search for Gorowyn. That should give you a few results.

Also, as Elorah is trying to say to you, there isn't a premade garden in Gorowyn. BUT you can make a garden in any house with some stone planters and some creativity.
  16. ARCHIVED-Voozoo Guest

well i do get 5 rooms with 0 status so okok! YOU GOT ME!!! GRRRRR! Gorowyn it is :p
    Doing the citizenship today when i get home :) (after i lvl to lvl 10 since i hear it is necesary)
  17. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

I would seriously suggest that you look at the houses first... see if it is more to your liking....

Home Sweet Hovel has a listing of all the homes in what cities. How much they cost to buy and upkeep... as well as how much status if needed....

I believe that there are 5 rooms that do not cost status in Gorowyn, Neriak and in Kelethin that are the cheapest. The reason that they are cheaper is they are a bit more out of the way then in Qeynos and Freeport....
  18. ARCHIVED-Kahlef Guest

Again, your best bet is to follow Ellorah's advice. The quickest way, in my opinion, to get to Gorowyn, would be to make an evil alt in Freeport, go to East Freeport, then go to the carpet there and click on it. Once you get to Sinking Sands there will be some tents and another carpet by the end of the bridge. Just right click on the carpet and choose Gorowyn. You will be on Gorowyn docks, so just take the elevator and leave on the first stop. Then go up the ramp to the... left, if I recall correctly and you should be in the city area.

Once in the city area take a tour of the various houses there and see first by yourself, if you like the style of the houses there. Even if another person loves the houses there doesn't matter everyone will.
  19. ARCHIVED-Rhiaden Guest

Yup, the 5 rooms in neriak / gorowyn are 1p70g to buy, 7g upkeep, the 6 rooms in Kelethin are cheaper again, mostly due to being out of the way probably as Elorah said
  20. ARCHIVED-Voozoo Guest

Kahlef wrote:
    I am a evil guardian in Freeport:p