House Question

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Voozoo, May 18, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Voozoo Guest

Ok so i am a Freeporter but i really hate the city and the houses and all... it's ... gray and sad...
    SO i want to move to a nice city, something with more beauty, something more... alive, more... well u get it...
    Where do you suggest i move to? (city)
    And since i'm a newb and have 0 faction i would also like a city where i can buy a nice house(min. 3 rooms).
    Thank you
    P.S any screenshot would be more than appreciated
  2. ARCHIVED-errow Guest

3 rooms cost a great deal more rent. If u make a "good" character you can start in Qu...something, nice and filled with harmony :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Rokaab Guest

Neriak is a gorgeous looking city (though for me I've renamed it the City of Lag, cos I find its gets awful laggy in there - but that might be my PC), to get to it from Freeport, take the carpet from EFP to Sinking Sands, then take the carpet from Sinking Sands back to Darklight Woods (dont double click it, right-click it for your choices), then wander over to Neriak from there.
    But yeah, Qeynos and Kelethin are a lot brighter and shinier, but ugh, too bright and flowery for me <wrinkles up nose at the thought>.
  4. ARCHIVED-Voozoo Guest

Qeynos and Kelethin would be my choice but i don't want a new character, i already claimed my stuff + LoN loot, etc and i am not about to make a new toon ...
    i want to move to Qeynos and Kelethin (can i betray my city for any of those?) and get a 3 room house there.

I already have a 3 room house in Freeport but it absolutely SUX :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Rokaab Guest

Voozoo wrote:
    Yes, you can betray to the goodie goodie side, though note, you may have to change your class for it, because Qeynos doesnt tolerate the evil classes. Once you finish the betrayal you should be able to buy a place over there.
  6. ARCHIVED-Voozoo Guest

Rakk@Butcherblock wrote:
    I play a human guardian... any link to how to betray for qenyos? :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Rokaab Guest

Voozoo wrote:
    You will be able to stay a guardian if you wish then (guardians are a neutral class).
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Betrayal_Timeline should help :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Rhiaden Guest

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Betrayal

A tip, either do the timeline to Kelethin first and then swap citizenship to Qeynos, as that is very fast, or, if you do the qeynos timeline, the do this quest..its the fastest for the most rep

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Extracting_the_Defector

it took my level 10 about 15 mins from picking up the quest to handing it back in again.

EDIT: There are big houses in both Neriak and Gorowyn (5 rooms), with 0 status or guild requirement, they cost 1p70g to get, and 7g a week rent
  9. ARCHIVED-Voozoo Guest

and can i find 3 rooms or more in Qenyos or Kelethin with 0 status?
  10. ARCHIVED-Rhiaden Guest

11. ARCHIVED-Voozoo Guest

aye, 3 rooms, 4 slots! great
    when i get home i'm going to do a bit of betrayal

So i understand Qenyos would be the nicest city to find yourself in if you enjoy a city that looks alive and "fresh" shiny...? :)
    How about the textures in Qenyos? is it one of the old old zones that looks bad ? or does it have nice graphics?
    I AM A SHINY MANIAC! :p
  12. ARCHIVED-Voozoo Guest

2 more questions: i am a artisan SO what is that about? and how do i become a carpenter? i wanna make home stuff... what does the artisan do? and second : i've been sneaking into ppl's homes in freeport (well visiting but i like the work sneaking...) and i saw someone had a workbench or whatever it's called... the thingy that u use while practicing tradeskills... where do i buy one of those? another had a alchemy "lab" . etc...

oh... and how do i become a Qeynos citizen once i betray Freeport? :p
  13. ARCHIVED-Rhiaden Guest

You become a carpenter by getting to level 10 in tradeskilling first, then selecting Craftsman, then when you get to level 20 you can choose Carpentry.

Do the tradeskill quest which will get you to level 10 really fast, and give you all the basic books (the advanced 1-10 books you buy at 1s something each).

The workbenchs are bought with faction points from the City Merchants, if you have a look at them you can see the sort of things you can buy.

You become a Qeynos citizen by getting the rep to "amiable" through the repeatable quests linked earlier, and then talking to a guy outside the south qeynos mage tower, and doing a quest from him :)
  14. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

Voozoo wrote:
    As a crafter you start out as an artisan able to make anything.
    At level 10 you need to specialize a bit - you would want to become a craftsman doing carpentry, woodworking, and provisioning.
    If you do the initroductory tradeskill quests then level 10 would take you about 30 minutes.
    At level 20 you specialize again - that is when you would choose carpentry.

To buy crafting stations for your house you will need to get your faction with the tradeskill society of your city up.
    You do that by doing tradeskill writs.
    These also giove status, which you will need to buy a crafting station.

There are 2 grades of crafting station available.
    The easiest to get is only really for decoration.
    If you want the better one suitable for crafting at home you will need higher faction.
  15. ARCHIVED-Voozoo Guest

Rhiaden@Runnyeye wrote:
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Extracting_the_Defector ? this gives 5k faction/hit and i am -50K with Qeynos :p
  16. ARCHIVED-Rhiaden Guest

Yup, it says at the bottom it is repeatable

There is a whole load of quests in the timeline, that one is just imo the fastest, once you get to amiable (+10,000), you do the city citizenship quest
  17. ARCHIVED-Voozoo Guest

Rhiaden@Runnyeye wrote:
    hmm yes but once i betray won't i get scrowled by the guards in freeport? and once they attack on site, how do i keep doing the quest? it's not like i could take out a heroic guard at lvl 10 :p
  18. ARCHIVED-Voozoo Guest

ah and can someone give me the name of those ... stuffed small animals? plushies... whatever? or how to get them?
  19. ARCHIVED-Rokaab Guest

Voozoo wrote:
    Yes, once you're exiled youll be scowled at by everyone, just means you have to be sneaky when going in and out of Freeport for the quests, use Thieves Way to get between places and watching where the guards path so you can avoid them - try exploring there and finding out how to get to various places before you betray :)
    Voozoo wrote:
    Yes, some of them are plushies, they are generally got by doing various quests and/or collection quests - cant remember which ones, I have quite a few plushies around my house.
  20. ARCHIVED-Rhiaden Guest

For that particular quest, you go in through the graveyard at Commonlands (dodging guards in there), then enter into Longshadow Alley then into Thieves way.