Heroic Crafters when ????

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by CowKiller, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Kander Developer

We have no plans to offer heroic crafting characters.
  2. Juraviel Active Member

Good.
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Heroic characters for adventuring, benefits everyone. More people for groups, more people wanting crafted items, more players for guilds. It doesn't have any negative effects on current players.
    Heroic Crafters benefits absolutely no one. It instantly devalues all current crafters. It makes market prices plummet/crash to almost worthless. All it does, is devalue the work of any one else who took the time to craft. Adventuring is somewhat essential for End Game, you can't have someone else do it for you. Crafting you can.
    Raff, Feara, Tariya and 1 other person like this.
  4. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Funny thing is, Kander just confirmed what was stated before. I was about to go hunting down who said that but now I don't have to. SoE is against making 85 crafters.
  5. Gdawg311 New Member

I never understood how people find crafting so boring when you can pretty much quest the entire way to 95. they have added so many tradeskill quest lines over the years, just need to look for them
    Alenna, Feara and Tariya like this.
  6. Mae- Well-Known Member

You should have quoted me on this post, cuz I love being right ;)
    Feara likes this.
  7. Oldtimer Active Member

TBH they have done 85 adventure,they should do 85 crafter as well.
  8. Kander Developer

We have no plans to offer heroic crafting characters.
    Sambril, Afista, Cyliena and 8 others like this.
  9. Deveryn Well-Known Member

10. Regolas Well-Known Member

I find crafting boring and have never got past L30 in it. I struggled to get my adorning mastered but glad I did.

I'd love to have one of each crafter so I could make whatever I like when I needed it. But it's so easy to do (but long) and has to be done solo, so I see no reason to have instant L85s other than to keep lazy people with more money than sense happy.

I know if I wanted to I could get max level crafters. It's on my to do list, it just keeps falling to the bottom of the list because it's really unappealing to me.
  11. Torri Active Member

Deja vu all over again :p
  12. Deveryn Well-Known Member

and it's probably the third time he's said it. :p
  13. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Sure. And they should pencil it in on a day that they know nothing else will be going on...

...like the day after the heat death of the universe. ;)
  14. Guiscard Active Member

How about putting Progress Potion for sale for SC? or on the new vendors where you buy with loyalty token?
  15. Oldtimer Active Member

There will never be PvP in EQ2.
    There will never be Pay to Win in EQ2
    There will never be Heroic Crafters.
    Guiscard likes this.
  16. Rotherian Well-Known Member

There will never be a point in time where Oldtimer just stops complaining and tries to enjoy the game as it is*. :p
    ________________________________________________________________________________________

Seriously though, the closest corollary to commission crafting that exists on the adventuring side is mentoring. And even that corollary breaks down rather quickly. Simply put, crafting is so easy that if someone needs an easy mode for that, then that person shouldn't be allowed near a crafting table (due to the increased likelihood for spontaneous combustion** :) ).

* Just messing with you. I assume that you mean well and that you aren't, in fact, just a bitter person trying to ruin everyone else's experience - despite all appearances to the contrary. ;)
    ** As to whether I am referring to the person or the crafting table, I am referring to either of them or even both of them. Whatever happens to be the funniest mental picture at any given time. :eek: :D
    Airos and Kuulei like this.
  17. Feara Well-Known Member

No.

6 rush writs in 10 mins.

Really hate to see them sold. They should be worked for.

No worries Guiscard, it will probably only be a matter of time.
  18. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Ah, but the forges are no longer homicidal...well barring a couple of quests combines where you MUST counter or die.
  19. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

I miss that, made you pay attention plus it was fun ribbing those that it happened to
  20. Rotherian Well-Known Member

You can still find a homicidal forge here or there - at least you can at a certain time of the year... :p
    Avianna likes this.