Heroic Crafters when ????

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by CowKiller, Oct 1, 2013.

1. CowKiller Member

i rather have a level 85 crafter than a new 85 toon since its take a long time to level a crafter to 85 than a new alt

can u give us a level 85 crafter instead of the 85 alt that we prople bench do to were already playing the classes we like

crafting is borring to level just on doing writs since soe nerfed the easy way when they removed the first build bonus
    guess i just wait till frostfel and do the daily quests to level since its now the only tru way to level crafting fast

if your new to game frostfel has a daily quest its level 85 has multy item u need to build u can ding multy times on crafting one item at low levels since there all level 85 items (the fun is theres boxes full of mats beside the benches so no farming mats needed
    and frost fel is a month long !!!!
    Karsa, Guiscard and Cloudrat like this.
  2. Deveryn Well-Known Member

If you find crafting boring, then you won't like a heroic crafter. This is a social game. Ask other people to help make stuff.
    Finora likes this.
  3. Feara Well-Known Member

Hopefully, never.

Craft and do tradeskill quests when you can on double XP weekends.
    Tariya likes this.
  4. Ardrek Member

I hate crafting myself but I find crafting from 25->50 ( maybe 70) the WORST part of the whole game. BORING doesn't begin to describe it. I would love an 85 crafting jump on any character. at least after 70 the quests are updated every 2 levels.
    My question is , will I be an 85 crafting, otherwise it's a worthless option.
    Guiscard likes this.
  5. Quinterra New Member

I, for one, hope they never, ever do the "heroic crafter" idea. As how it stands now, it's really easy to get to level 85+ in tradeskilling. Best way to get to lvl 85 crafting is to wait until a double xp weekend comes up and do your crafting then. However, if you'd rather not wait, you can do a little bit of crafting each day until your character's craft is leveled.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

If you find crafting harder to level now without the first time bonus, you are doing something wrong.

XP comes MUCH faster doing rush orders than it ever did for any class other than sage. Sages still level at least as quickly as they used to and make more money doing it.

I sincerely hope they never add 'herioc' crafters to the game. Why? Because you don't need to be higher than 20ish crafting for any adventure quests in the game and you can get anything any crafter can make via either normal trade or commision.
    The only things you are locked out of by not being a high level crafter are a couple of crafter only items, harvest pony & crafting prestige abilites.

Why are people who hate crafting so keen on being able to craft? If I hated raiding I certainly wouldn't be asking SOE to make a way for me to go raiding quickly.
    Avahlynn, Tariya and Quinterra like this.
  7. Bashem Well-Known Member

One thing I will say is why do we need more high level crafters? We need more high level adventurers so we can play the game with groups ect with friends ect.
    Tariya, Deveryn, Kuulei and 1 other person like this.
  8. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I suspect that the OP is miffed at the prices that the OP is being asked to pay in game, but doesn't want to put in the work necessary to be self-sufficient.

It is just a suspicion, though. Not an accusation.
    Alenna and Kuulei like this.
  9. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

It is called fair play, doesn't matter who does what or likes what or needs what . Offering something to adventurers and nothing to crafters is just wrong on the face of it.
    I get the impression someone seems to think there is only one goal for everyone logging in hehe sooo not true.
    Guiscard likes this.
  10. Math New Member

11. Hajfishhawk New Member

I usually do not post as I just don't lol
    But in this case I feel I should to the OP REALLY!!
    Leveling a crafter is like so easy and very rewardinding when you get to 95.
    EQ is a game and effort and time is needed to reach Lv 95 in both adventureing and crafting .
    If you don't want to put in the time go play something else.
    In my 5 years of playing this game it has been dumbed down so much it is not funny.
    Really put in the time and get the rewards.
    To pay the bills they need to cater to the unwashed but really there is so much more to EQ if you take the time to learn your toon and your chosen craft.
  12. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Its offering crafters a chance to be a higher adventure level as there are quite a few crafters that just never got any further with adventuring than it took to get from point A to B in a crafting questline. o_O
    More than likely its due to the fact that MOST gamers don't scour forums looking for a game to log in to for crafting, they are wanting to play a game, adventure and level, not sew backpacks.

With the timeline for crafters and introduction to crafting starting as an artisan then choosing your path as a scholar, outfitter or craftsmen, then choosing your final craft at 20, its just too much to by-pass for someone interested in crafting.

Besides, you're probably the last person that needs more crafters! :p
    Alenna, Tariya, Deveryn and 1 other person like this.
  13. Guiscard Active Member

If you can buy/get a level 85 heroic character they should also make it so that character is at level 85 in crafting.
  14. Lucus Well-Known Member

I disagree with letting people making heroic crafters, but how about instead of getting an instant lvl85 crafter being able to buy a one-per character +10crafting lvl booster?

I'm a bit annoyed that they added a new +280 AA item to the marketplace usable at lvl10 and the CoE version still requires lvl90 to use.
  15. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Cracks me up, in another thread here, some of the people wanting instant 85 crafters, complained about people playing the broker, buying low and selling higher. I suppose they think if more people could insta-craft, that the broker would be more friendly for crafters o_O
  16. Atan Well-Known Member

Just sell them a heroic crafter for 35 bucks and be done with it.

Yes its a silly thing to spend money on, and cause its silly I wouldn't give any away for free.

Yes the purpose of hcs is to JumpStart players into cooperative content, and there is no similar need in crafting, but if they are demanding to overpay for something they really don't need, let em pay.
  17. Bashem Well-Known Member

Does the game suffer by having a lot of new level 85 adventurers running around and killing stuff no it helps a lot if you want to group for quests and loot. Will crafters in game now suffer with a lot of new 85 crafters trying to undercut them yes. IMHO comparing crafting with adventuring is like comparing apple and oranges.
    Tariya and Deveryn like this.
  18. Mae- Well-Known Member

Dev's already answered this and said it's not in the plans. Don't ask me to quote it, search and find it yourself.
  19. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I've been saying that for a long time now, but there are a few people that will remain insistent on the idea that standing in front of a table hitting 6 keys is the same as some of the craziness that happens with 24 people vs. a dragon.
  20. Meirril Well-Known Member

Because crafters and adventurers are so much alike they need to get the same stuff? Lets be honest here, crafting and adventuring are two very different creatures and they shouldn't be treated the same.

Look at leveling. Adventurers can be power leveled. Crafters? Sorry, make stuff junior. I suppose you can carry someone through a crafting instance once they hit 50 but it isn't worth the effort to do so.

Now look at legitimate leveling. A crafter sits down to grind writs at the same time an adventurer sits down to start grinding levels. We give the adventurer a merc and twink him. We give the crafter a guild hall with a stocked depot. Both get enough plat that they don't have to worry about paying mercs or buying spells/recipes/gear. By the time the adventurer hits 30 the crafter should be 95.

And the biggest thing to look at is why SoE is offering Heroic Adventurers. They are trying to win more customers. I don't think offering an insta-ding to 85 crafting is going to lure a F2Player to consider playing EQ2. I think you can argue that some new and definitely some old players would consider paying for an 85 adventurer.
    Kurogo and Kuulei like this.