Happy Holidays! (Some random cool stuff)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper, Dec 21, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Tatsou Guest

ya know, I was gonna do a whole post on those saying move it to this day or add that day but, meh. It just falls on deaf ears and wouldve got flamed for it.
    It's just nice to see SJ giving me that christmas spirit where I thought it failed since I been on disability. No family in the area I live except my daughter (my family and looks like true friends live in NJ, I live in KY atm) , ex feels awkward if I come down. So spending christmas alone. Heck didnt even put a tree up this year. I love x-coworkers that say call we'll do something you call and there like oh, um, im busy atm ill call you back.
    When I did work I worked 10 hr days wed to sat. most times I didnt even bother to log in cause i was so tired. Use to work for the cable company. Even when there was Double exp most time I had my daughter cause it was my weekend which I would rather enjoy her company then log into the game. Family is fragile and should be spent at that time with them, not on a game even if its same room.
    I do think its selfish reading all this and seeing how some forgot what that spirit actually means. It does remind me of seeing that spoiled rotten kid in the store just before christmas throwing a tantrum cause they want that gift now.
    I do know that these are opinions most bring up. But it is true like someone else wrote, give a person 10,000 dollars tax free and they will complain. Also to clarify, most times when bonus xp was given it didnt start till a certain time on friday and ended either monday or early tues. So that did leave out ppl that were off tues wed thur. If you cant live with the one bonus xp being a weekday then maybe just maybe you need to look in that mirror and at your family and go whats wrong with me?
    heh what you know it did turn out to be a post
  2. ARCHIVED-JoarAddam Guest

Indabuff wrote:
    I have no objection to the xp being on weekdays, but at the same time I feel like responding to your post.
    Heck yes, I support my wants! What do I care if others have a double XP period, and I don't, as your post suggests? Is it going to enhance something anyone besides YOU will give a darn about enough to give a darn about me supporting them?
    Nobody was asking for bonus xp on the weekdays until SOE advertised they would be doing it, so I really can't be bothered I wasn't asking for them to help you when you weren't even asking for them to help you. Should I shout "I am a weekend player, and I want those poor fellows who never stand up for themselves on the weekdays to get some double xp!" ?
    Now that it's here, revel in it. For those that complain about WHEN an xp bonus is, to you, I say PTHBBBBBT. (That's ME giving YOU a raspberry)
    Do I care that this benefits Europoean players a great deal more than North American players, because of when it starts and stops? not really...
    Have fun folks! Enjoy what double xp you have time for! CU there!
  3. ARCHIVED-melanie66 Guest

Filly67 wrote:
    I honestly don't care when we get bonus exp. since I never schedule play time around them. But in all my years playing this game, I can't remember a bonus weekend that extended into Tuesday. I'm not saying that it never happened, but I don't remember one. So if it's something that has ever happened, it wasn't often enough for me to remember it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Mortac Guest

Sucks for me considering I'm off on the 25-26th and 31st-1st. So I work exactly on the days that have double exp. I'm thankful still though there is no double exp on the 26th because that'd give me a lot of stress for "missing out" when I'll be spending time with my family. :p
    I see a lot of complaints and, yes, it is frustrating to work on exactly those days, but I've also seen many requests NOT to have double exp on the holidays because people want to be with their families. I think it suits many people perfectly and others not so perfectly.
    It is rude to complain about christmas presents, so be glad for what we get. :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Morbiuss1 Guest

you know you do realize sony doesnt HAVE to do anything for us except run the servers,I really suggest you guys grow up a bit and stop whining because one of these days Smoke is gonna get tired of hearing you guys whine like 4 year olds and say you know what guys, shut down the forums to heck with these whiners its not our job to listen to them whine every time we try and do something nice for them.

seriousy STOP WITH THE INCESSANT WHINING !!!!
    smokejumper and amnery's and the rest of you guys thanks for the job your doing, I know the game has some issues all games do but all in all you guys are doing a great job putting up with us on a daily basis keep up the good work, some of us actually do appreciate it
  6. ARCHIVED-Leko Guest

Pyrochick@Crushbone wrote:
    Well said.
  7. ARCHIVED-K'hara Guest

Jaremai@Guk wrote:
    Ohhhh this made my day...after a metric TON of BAD NEWS...ty Jaremai :)

Filly....people are gonna read what you write but only SEE what they want...they merrily SKIP over the fact that you're not asking for $OE to take ANYTHING AWAY FROM THEM but to simply ADD one...ONE FTLOG...weekend day to even it out a little. So **shoulderbrush** the ones who refuse to understand what you're TRYING TO SAY...srsly...I've broken more than ONE cluebat in these forums to no avail. You have people who agree with you...and then you have the others who like to "kvetch" if someone voices an opinion OTHER than THEIRS.

People are allowed to voice their opinons in this forum ..as stated previously ...as long as it follows $OE rules of conduct. She did..and trying to infer intention/tone from a WRITTEN post only makes you look...well...you know.

Merry Christmas and REEEEEEELAAAAAAX people geez ><
  8. ARCHIVED-Maliclipse Guest

I cant believe people are bickering about a double xp week. Honestly the biggest problem right now is not Double xp. Its the fact that we will have less than a month to beta test a expansion. We had 2 months to beta test SF and look how that ended up. Now we get one month.
    Ill take a good solid beta test of velious over a double xp week any day.
  9. ARCHIVED-megaira13 Guest

Now I know why whiny kids get coal in their stockings. The coal is to clonk 'em on the head when you can't stand their noise anymore. The stocking is meant to be used as a gag.
  10. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

Khiara@Kithicor wrote:
    I think the point here (and my sticking point as well), is that people are being given something FOR FREE. Something that they don't have to be given. However, because that something does not work for them personally or it's not exactly what they want, they start asking to have the free thing that was given to everybody changed to suit them as well.
    This is not how gifts work, and this is not how to graciously receive something given. You smile, you say thank you, you take what is given and you work it into your life as best you can, or not at all.
    You don't whine, you don't pout, you don't bargain, you don't demand, you don't ask for things to be changed. You say thank you and move on.
    I think everybody needs to take a deep breath and put this into perspective. Not being able to play for hours and hours and receive double xp in an online game does NOT "ruin your holidays". Be glad for your health, for your family, for the things you do have, the toys you enjoy, the friends you spend time with. Be glad for things that really matter, and put a few days in a virtual world--that has no bearing on the outcome of your real life--where it belongs in the grand scheme of things. Which is a mere blip, really.
    Happy holidays to everyone.
  11. ARCHIVED-melanie66 Guest

Streppoch@Guk wrote:
    This.
    Thank you.
  12. ARCHIVED-Anien Guest

Cyliena@Everfrost wrote:
    Thanks Cyliena. I tend to ignore the Extended side but really should have thought to look there.

But even without GXP it will give me reaosn to break out my Guardian again. try to get him his last few levels then look at switching him to Zerker
  13. ARCHIVED-Tatsou Guest

couldnt have said better Streppoch
  14. ARCHIVED-Anien Guest

Well said Streppoch.
    I work in a 24/7 manufacturing envirnoment and my schedule usually includes weekends and makes my ability to get in the double XP. I have never once complained about it being on the weekend I use what time I do get and move on. Its not going to kill or ruin peoples holidays over the fact in the rare instance they move it a few weekdays.
  15. ARCHIVED-Filly67 Guest

Clearly I was mistaken in thinking that myself and others are allowed an opinion. This means we are whining. Although it does seem clear that other's opinions of "stop whining" and basically shut up are allowed at all times. Interesting. You all must be great to work and live with. Keep up the good work of capping all of your thoughts. Very convincing. Not.
    How could I have thought that after weeks of downtime and poorly running servers (all understandable of course but still inconvenient to many) and many days like today where the server has been scheduled to be brought down twice and come down on it's own quite a few times that we could all use a little "thank you for your patience" reward.
    It was nice to see statements and discussions on both sides. I enjoy other people's viewpoints.
    But the following terms:
    suck it up
    quit whining
    deal with it or leave
    are the words that seven year olds use because they do not have better language skills. They are not terms that adults should need to rely on.
    This is not work, I am not in the military. I choose to pay for a service. This does not mean that I get to have my way all of the time. It does entitled me to voice my concerns, views and opinions.
  16. ARCHIVED-megaira13 Guest

Filly67 wrote:
    What people are largely responding to is pouty commentary like "Thanks for nothing!"
    That's not discussion.
  17. ARCHIVED-threat111 Guest

All I want for Christmas is PVP to PVE transfers.
  18. ARCHIVED-Arysin Guest

Well, I think this is a nice gesture and since I play the game to enjoy it, I appreciate this.
    I work 5 days a week sometimes more but this a lil bit of a change up, so sharing the bonus with those who miss it, is ok in my books.
    Personally, I have 2 accts, been here almost 7 years and am in no rush to get to end game just so I can get tired of the game. I do have several toons above 59 and one level 85. Just enjoy what is given, there are things we would all love to have done differently ingame, but I know I only see a small part of what really goes on to keep this game playable, so I won't make any shots at SJ or anyone else.
    Filly, I do sense your frustration but think of it as a positive, we get xp bonus!!! Use it as you can, I also think Grumble had a great idea there.
    Remember in the spirit of the season, play, be merry, enjoy and be thankful for all things great and small.

Happy Holidays to all!!
  19. ARCHIVED-Rieven Guest

Ninibi@Butcherblock wrote:
    So my "Thanks for nothing" comment was said in anger and I apologize for that. If you read the rest of my posts, I am simply only asking for them to add 1 single day to the Double XP week, so those of us that have to work can get a little piece of the GIFT.
    I am not asking them to make some huge change, I am not asking them to take away that gift from others, all I am saying is that by adding 1 single day, which will cost them nothing, they change this from benefiting some, to benefiting most.
    Is this too much to ask for? Are we all wrong for asking for this?
    Don't get me wrong, for those of you that will be able to take full advantage of this gift, it's awesome and I'm glad those weekend workers are being thrown a bone here. But as has been said before, even the weekend bonus xp events, have always included at least one weekday as well.
    Yes it's Christmas, yes, we should be having fun and no, we should not be getting angry over this.
    So, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :)
  20. ARCHIVED-Mikkachu Guest

Usually, the bonus XP started Friday morning and ended Monday morning. People who worked the weekends would only have that Friday, and honestly, when I worked weekends? Friday counted as a 'weekend'. We would open early and stay open late. Often it was even more weekend-y then Sunday, actually, although I was of course expected to be there Sunday, too.
    It is so rare for them to have weekday bonus XP days. Seriously, it is! I can think of dozens upon dozens of bonus XP events, but very few were aimed at those who worked during the weekend. And yeah, those who wished for some days during the week did post their wishes... but I can't ever remember seeing a thread as bitter and whiny as this.
    (Of course, memory is what it is.)
    It's a gift. The gift is aimed at people who very rarely got this gift before. Everyone can use it, but it is more useful to some then others, no question. But they were only going to give a few days, and they gave it to the people who have gotten the least about of this gift before.

Is that such a bad thing?