Happy Holidays! (Some random cool stuff)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper, Dec 21, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper Guest

DrkVsr wrote:
    *tries to suppress chuckle but fails*
  2. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

DrkVsr wrote:
    It's happened. I seem to recall a whole week. But yeah, it's rare.

Meanwhile, someone I used to work with used to say "If Smed personally sent every player a check for $100, they'd stil complain."
  3. ARCHIVED-Dreadpatch Guest

DrkVsr wrote:
    It's usually Friday through Monday.... Last time I checked Friday and Monday were weekdays.
  4. ARCHIVED-Miznit Guest

I'm pretty sure this is not going to come across as I intend it, nut here goes anyway. :)

The last few bonus xp rounds left me beind. I wasn't able to be around for the weekend they were on, therefore couldn't play. Were SOE to do it on the weekend THIS time, I'd most likely be left out again. Sorry, I have kids, and a Christmas weekend bonus XP would be unused...I'm sure you can imagine why. Then, the next weekend being New Year's, I'm betting a significant number of people would be otherwise distracted and not in game either.
    So, at least for people like me, having the bonus XP during the week is actually something that works this time. I am sorry for all that think they are getting the short end of the stick, but think about the rest of us next double XP WEEKEND. The poeple on this thread that are complaining about having bonus XP during the week, whether they mean to or not, give the impression that they don't care about anyone else, only "Me, me, me." You get an opportunity for extra XP, but don't think it's best for you. SJ said they wouldn't change it for ya. I'm sorry your request was denied, and hope you can take advantage of at least SOME of the XP.
    I (personally) didn't ask for the change <At least, I don't remember doing so>, but am thankful that this time I can enjoy the extra XP. I'm pretty sure that the next time there's a double XP bonus it'll be on a weekend again. Maybe, just MAYBE, those that are so mad about this should find a nice chair, <insert drink of choice here>, and a good book and take a break for a few days from gaming. After all, it's a GAME, and there are some here getting bent WAY out of shape over a perceived slight.

There, I've had my say. I only hope I did it in a way that won't be taken wrong...but seeing that this is a text-only forum, and judging from how things have happened before, someone will take offense. I do thank SJ and the team for the bonus XP, and hope to see the beta soon.
    To each and every one of you, I want to wish a you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. See you in game.
  5. ARCHIVED-Errowl Guest

Whew heated thread ! Ok so we all have our opinions on this matter but lets try and see this for what it is some love some hate it big surprise.
    Most players just went through a merger including 24 or more hours of downtime and down chat,broker, and mail systems. Also it's the holidays.
    It would not be fair to ask for days to be changed that were promised that would be self serving to those that did. But as a holiday gift how about add Sunday as A bonus XP day in addition ? That may help most players take advantage of the event, unless of course there is a game issure preventing that.
    Oh yea, flame on !
  6. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Dreadpatch Guest

Sigh, no one is complaining about having the vast majority of it during the week. Just to split it out so there is one singular weekend day involved. I have a kid and work too, I have Christmas coming up too. It's called life and we all have different schedules. It's a question of logic, can you throw a tiny bone to a huge portion of your community while still making the weekday people happy? We were basically told that a bonus xp event was coming up, I'm sure most of us expected it on a holiday weekend. It's OK to mix that up, but you can at least make it semi fair. Please see note above about them running Fri-Mon which includes two weekdays as well. It's not like there was never any weekday time involved on those weekends. It doesn't matter anyways, they aren't going to change it. But let me tell you, I've really been looking forward to this with my Mystic for about two months, and I'm personally really dissappointed. I know this is a nice to have event, but it kind of blows hard that it can't be split across a weekend/weekdays to make everyone happy. I will make this blanket statement, if anyone can't see that and isn't willing to give up one day out of 4, you are selfish and shouldn't be enjoying Christmas anyways. True story.
  8. ARCHIVED-Jaremai Guest

Elusion@Nektulos wrote:
    This. A few times this.
    Weekday people always have had bonus, sometimes Thursday, Friday, Monday and Tuesday mushed around the weekenders.
    I'd wager the vast majority of players have weekends free though. So this weekday ONLY bonus hits just a small percentage. In the spirit of the holiday, extending it to a full week (Mon-Sun or Sun-Sat) would hit a much larger target. This isn't whining, this isn't entitlement.. it's explaining what a f'ed up decision it was to only cater to a minority and call it a present, and how it could be easily remedied.
    It would be similar to giving only the 7yr vet reward people a double xp stretch.
  9. ARCHIVED-melanie66 Guest

Elusion@Nektulos wrote:
    As someone who usually works/is busy on weekends, the bonus weekends usually start Friday morning and end Monday MORNING. It's only one "weekday" and a lot of people really don't consider Friday a weekday. For a lot of people, Friday is the first day of the weekend.
    So I was able to take advantage of a few hours during those bonus times. And usually not at all on Monday morning.
  10. ARCHIVED-iceriven2 Guest

FINALLY WOOT !!! weekday bonus, been asking for it for over a year now. I work weekends 9-10 hrs smack in the middle of the day, finally take advantage of it... thinking it was done on this week b/c of the large likelyhood ppl have the week off.
  11. ARCHIVED-Dreadpatch Guest

this community kind of disgusts me sometimes tbh. Ya make it worse that we have to work during the holiday week. Thanks for that. Happy holidays from SOE.
  12. ARCHIVED-dawy Guest

Streppoch@Guk wrote:
    Honestly,close the thread,this horsey has won the prize
  13. ARCHIVED-Zaviur Guest

Why are you all suprised SoE aways sets stuff up in a way that helps the least amount of people possible.
  14. ARCHIVED-NariArinniana Guest

I'm kinda gobsmacked (wait, no I'm not) at some of the attitudes in this thread, sheesh!
    I for one am glad to see SOE switch up the bonuses from weekends to weekdays. So many times its been weekends, and I'm sure the folks who couldn't take advantage of weekends will be glad to finally take advantage of a weekday bonus. Not everyone has the same work/play schedule.
    Thanks for the XP bonus! I'll be taking advantage of it when my schedule allows. :)
  15. ARCHIVED-NViDiaFReaK Guest

Streppoch@Guk wrote:
    This is Fail.. stop trolling
  16. ARCHIVED-NViDiaFReaK Guest

Masako@Lucan DLere wrote:
    while i can understand this notion.. its Christmas .. where 98% of us will be off at least for christmas eve and christmas day... not haivng th eonus for this PARTICULAR weekend is just dumbfounding
  17. ARCHIVED-Reality Guest

Has someone clarified if this also means a Guild XP Bonus as well?
  18. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Lizabeth@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Not that I've seen. However, it never has. That recent Guild Bonus was a reaction to the smoothing out of guild leveling.
  19. ARCHIVED-NariArinniana Guest

Tagwen@Mistmoore wrote:
    True, but I can understand why they wouldn't do it Christmas weekend either. Lots of folks off work yes, but probably spending time off their computers with families and such if they celibrate the holiday. I'm not skipping family dinner to go level a toon. :p
    No situation will satisfy 100% of players no matter what they try. At least people could be a little bit more greatful for what they are getting. Cause SOE could just say "Ah forget that" and give us nothing at all.
  20. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

Tagwen@Mistmoore wrote:
    No dear, it's not trolling. I'm a regular poster on these boards, with (usually) calm, balanced posts. This is just me being a bit more strident than usual.
    But thanks for participating in the thread!