Happy Holidays! (Some random cool stuff)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper, Dec 21, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper Guest

So, we're in wind-down mode for the year as we get ready for the holiday break, and also get Velious ready for beta testing.
    Yup. That's right. "Destiny of Velious" is almost ready for beta testing! We're going into internal "Friends and Family" mode today and then we'll start authorizing players for Closed Beta testing when we come back in 2011. So that's great news. (TOFS, here I come!)
    Additionally, we're doing two other cool things right before the end of the year.
    1) From the 24th to the 27th of December, any Station Cash cards redeemed will be doubled in effect. This is our "Double Station Cash Stocking Stuffer" program if you see it mentioned elsewhere.
    2) Also, we're doing Double XP Days from Dec 27th (monday) to Dec 30th (thursday). Most of you will be shocked to hear that we're doing Double XP not actually on one of the holidays and on weekdays instead of weekends. Don't fall down in shock. ;)
    So in summary: Velious beta soon, a bonus for stocking stuffers, and Double XP Days. Happy holidays! Enjoy Frostfell!
  2. ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper Guest

P.S. This is likely to be the last bonus SC offer we do for a while. Just so's y'knows. ;)
  3. ARCHIVED-Rieven Guest

While I'm sure all the schoolkids will be happy with this, for those of us that have to work, we will hardly gain any benefit from the double XP over those days.
    What would be the harm in doing this from say the 24th to the 30th? Give everyone an equal chance of getting the bonus. This way those that are out of town over Christmas, get the bonus during the week and the ones that have to work the week between Christmas and new year get the bonus over the weekend.
  4. ARCHIVED-Reality Guest

Just to clarify.. is this also double Guild XP? or... just Experience, Tradeskill and AA?
    And same as Murdo, I will be working for the double XP weekdays, but can take advantage at night!
    ~ L ~
  5. ARCHIVED-Snickerdo Guest

I work weekends. This is perfect for me! Thank you!
  6. ARCHIVED-melanie66 Guest

I have an odd schedule, but there's always sometime over the weekend that I have to work so having this during the weeday is great, thanks!
    Also, were you guys really expecting bonus experience on the 24th and 25th? As much as I love this game, I can't see me playing. Well, maybe late on the 25th, but even then, it's doubtful.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kaeliara Guest

While I'm happy to see that you guys listened to all those folks who complained about not doing double xp on the holiday...including at least one weekend day for those of us who are working stiffs woulda been nice...
    On a more positive note, thanks for the heads up that there's not another double sc for a while.
  8. ARCHIVED-azraelteir Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    Really? You couldn't have included at least one of the weekends? Those of us who work full time and dont have these days off wont be able to get any benefit from this at all. I still think the bonus XP should start Dec. 24th and end Jan. 3rd, but including at least one of the weekends would have been nice.
  9. ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper Guest

Sorry, just the weekdays this time around. Enjoy!
  10. ARCHIVED-Hecula Guest

Any chances of getting like some screenshots or a trailer or something of DoV? If it's heading to FnF testing it's got to be complete enough to do something like that.
  11. ARCHIVED-vexrm Guest

Eh, this isn't that huge a slap in the face or anything. They decided to mix it up and you can still play after work. So we got it. Yay. I'm thankful for a double xp weekendish.
  12. ARCHIVED-Rieven Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    Apparently, I should have said THANK YOU for the amazing gift of double XP, which I will unfortunately not be able to take part in. I am SO happy for everyone that can use this gift and feel sorry for the rest of us that won't.
    Better?
  13. ARCHIVED-Jaremai Guest

Due to my work schedule + commute from hell, I have at most 3 hours a day to play (assuming I do nothing else between the time I get home and go to bed).. and ironically I work Mon - Thurs.
    Those with vacation next week will be happy at least.
    Making it Monday - Sunday to ring in the New Year would have been a nice way to cover all of your customer base by hitting a full week.
    Thanks anyhow.
  14. ARCHIVED-betatester7 Guest

What about Vampire Race pics? Vampire Cave? Vampire Mount?
    come on!
  15. ARCHIVED-Filly67 Guest

You know SOE is really going out of their way to say they are offering stuff but really just sticking crap down our throats and telling us its candy.
    Most people work during the week and to put double XP on weekdays only is a huge slap in the face. You couldn't include a weekend too and please everyone could you?
    You know SJ, I have been known to think that people have been hard on you but seeing about how you write things like (and I am paraphrasing) that let people leave they will come back is just arrogant and idiotic. I love this game but you seem to be spending alot of time thinking about ways to improve the game. Unfortunately, you then look at you great change and decide to tweak it for the worse. It really seems clear that you enjoy jerking your paying customers around.
    Add that to the fact that you installed a gift system that allows players to basically be plat farmers is really just icing on the cake. Oh, and then you allow them to blantantly advertise their services in chat. Once again proving if it's money in SOE's pocket it's all good.
    Honestly, there is no other way to view you except as a person who doesn't want to extend this game to it's full potential and allow us to enjoy it.
    I wish I could express my disdain better but I am really just at a loss. Nice work.
  16. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

Freeblood info will be posted later today.
    Looks like we've got a slight delay...I think we're looking at tomorrow now...
  17. ARCHIVED-melaine_dvarvensplitter Guest

Well if it's not one thing it's another for bonus xp ... /sigh
    I am glad we are getting it but a full 7 days would of been so much better and also fixing the dec rewards which I have given up on.

Thanks Smoke :)
  18. ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper Guest

Filly67 wrote:
    Don't sell yourself short, Filly67. I think you expressed your disdain quite well.
    I'm sorry you're not happy, but things are going well for the game right now. We're getting support from within the company, we're on the cusp of releasing Velious *and* spending marketing money in January to publicize the game again, and we've done lots of things to improve the game since I came onboard, with a lot more coming down the pipeline.
    Happy holidays to you! Here's hoping we make you happier soon!
  19. ARCHIVED-CraigH Guest

Grover Cleveland spanked me on two non-consecutive occassions.
  20. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest