Guild Level Increase

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Rosie, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Pauly Well-Known Member

If you don't have anything valuable to add, why bother?
    Spayla likes this.
  2. mouser Well-Known Member

Did you miss the part where he said he could keep grinding advanced solos 24/7, earning status each time?

So the part people have been saying about adventurers being limited the same way crafters now are is false.

We get it. You're not a crafter.

The fact that you don't experience 'camaraderie' in one facet of gameplay doesn't imply that other people don't. Some people's worst memories of the game are in trying to group and their best memories are of crafting with others leveling up the guild. Crazy, I know, but different people like different things.

What is really crazy is when people who like one playstyle don't want to acknowledge that other people are different and want to minimize their experience or rewards for their play and effort.
    Ceyllynn, Belenos and Enoibia like this.
  3. Tetrol Well-Known Member

Just realised (slow I suppose) another implication here - it's one thing the status not counting towards raising the guild level, but now getting status for internal guild ranks has just been made very difficult, as only 10% of status that COUNTS accumulates to individual characters. Just levelling up an alts tradeskilling and of course no "within guild" status increase happening.
  4. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Speaking of rails, this conversation has gone completely off.

This was actually mentioned earlier. Just because that tracker is in the guild management window doesn't mean people actually use it. There are other activities people can look at, like contributions to upkeep. In fact, I've been in guilds where that was looked at more often than the other. Some people might not even care about any of this, as long as you're helping other people and not stealing stuff. What a concept... Looking at someone's participation with others and seeing how much they help their community as a justification for whether or not they stay or change rank.
  5. Jaden Well-Known Member

-----------

You make some points worth considering for sure Belenos. I was not aware of what you explained in your first paragraph. We really do need to keep our ears to the ground and stay informed to whatever extent possible.
    Belenos likes this.
  6. Adevil Well-Known Member

If Doom is correct, then lower level adventurers at least have an avenue to gain guild xp. Not sure if there's a similar mechanic for crafting however.
  7. Adevil Well-Known Member

Beta access went from "try before you buy" to "buy or else". I tried Rum Cellar beta, didn't like, didn't buy. Didn't try ToT (couldn't) and still haven't bought.
    Spayla and Belenos like this.
  8. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Speaking of RC ... for what levels it been designed? is it worth doing for anything at level 98? (well to be honest recently I mostly care about exp grind and collecting shinies :))
  9. Adevil Well-Known Member

Now that ToT is out, probably not worth doing unless you want the things from the shiny collections.

Edit: It's really really fun to do at least once, puzzle zone. Once you've solved the puzzles it just gets monotonous.
  10. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Correct me if I wrong ...
    The way I see it - gear that you can buy from AoM for Etymas (and probably for ferrin) more than sufficient to start rolling overland ToT and from what I see from /auc channel common loot from ToT practically double stats from what you got from AoM. One thing I am kind of worry a little - SDA/Spell casting speed - not very common on ToT and I (even without any raid gear what so ever for current tier) already developed habit to have at least 30-35% SDA :)
  11. Adevil Well-Known Member

I don't min-max. I don't group. I just play for the fun of playing (probaby save a fortune on the reforging that I do not do).

Someone else will have to step up and answer you.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

Handcrafted ToT gear is better then (almost all) AoM raid gear. It costs 15g in fuel.. find a friendly crafter to make you a set (or make it yourself, if you're inclined to craft) and you'll be more then set to start in ToT.
    Most characters will have real problems in the ToT AS zones if they go into them with yellow AoM gear.
    Adevil and DoomDrake like this.
  13. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I haven't done re-forge yet either but have already temptation to do so ... set from AoM that drops from overland named comes with healthy %HP bonus (I'd say between all pieces it might be as high as 30% boost) in same time this darn gear set comes with absolutely useless (for me) stats - multiattack, WDB, SWDB etc. .. While I at rare occasion do turn on my range attack on I am not speced for melee and thus those stats are useless I'd happy to reforge them into SDA/Spell Casting speed/Spell reuse speed (last one specially hard to come). Another stat that I am looking to boost AM (running atm at 20k and need at least 45k)
    I can't say I am completely back in my PG style of playing but I love squeeze every bit from what I can get my hands on :)
  14. mouser Well-Known Member

Adventurers can run Advanced Solo zones 24/7 and rack up the status for their guilds.

Crafters are the one who have been singled out for the shackles.

I'm not sure how many people on live are even aware of the changes yet, but if they feel they no longer have an avenue for growth, a lot may leave. Of course, no one will notice since these people supposedly never leave their guild hall, but people will notice when more and more features become locked behind subscriptions and more items get added to the shop to make up for all the lost players.

This was a solution to a problem that never existed in the first place.
    Quillyne and Enoibia like this.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

The quests that give status can only be taken about once every 18hrs...
  16. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Let me ask differently ...
    If I use set from AoM (blackwater) - which is judging by stats slightly better then quest level of gear from Sig line and much better then un-gemmed yellow set with moderately level of adornment (mostly for damage boosts - some procs, SDA, POT, SCS) - would I be able roll overland quest lines so I can get better set for future. Or better let me ask differently
    I am not fond of handcrafted gear. heck I am not fond of master crafted either for sole reason - my main is warlock and blue stats for me a lot more important when anything else. Warlock is 1 trick pony - I need trackload CB/AM/POT for burst and a lot SDA/SCS for sustained damage and when I look mastercrafted gear ... I was not impressed at all (compare to gear I was able to buy for Etymas)
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

Splitiron Brigantine Coat (one of the 3 chain ToT handcrafted sets)
    500 agi, 500 wis, 1786 sta
    17% max health
    198% attack speed
    99% multi attack chance
    50.2% crit bonus
    50.8% potency
    724 mitigation
    required lvl 100

Since they've decided to tag even the hancrafted ToT gear as mastercrafed legendary, it can also be reforged.

But, yes, you can do the overland content in even yellow AoM gear., but, as you can see, it is vastly inferior to ToT (not AoM) handcrafted gear.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  18. Alenna Well-Known Member

oh you mean you never while doing rush writs while online with someone else doing the same managed to keep each other going by saying there I got us another 1% for the guild or in the case of my friend and I(may she rest in peace) .2% sorry your experiences wasn't as good as mine was.
    Belenos and Finora like this.
  19. Adevil Well-Known Member

/hug
    Belenos likes this.
  20. Alenna Well-Known Member

Thank you. She like me loved most(not sure if she was like me in not being particularly fond of PvP) aspects of the game including crafting so we had many a good time together she is remembered and loved by all who knew her in game and as in my case RL.
    Belenos and Adevil like this.