Guild Level Increase

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Rosie, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Finora Well-Known Member

It's pretty obvious you and whomever else you were crafting with didn't actually enjoy crafting.

The only time I can't talk when crafting is when I'm experimenting (because the devs won't let me talk or move) or doing one of those rare combines that will kill you dead if you mess up. I actively participate in both guild chat and global chats while doing it. Guildmates and I have competed to level up or to see who gets the guild to ding.

Back to the actual topic at hand though, I wish they would have just massively increased guild xp needed and left writs alone. Since it's become pretty obvious they aren't going to change their minds, I wish they would add some new crafting instances. The same old ones are mighty mighty boring after 7 years. I can't think of a single instance where it would be okay to expect adventurers to keep doing the exact same instances for 7 years time.
    I wish they would add harvesting quests in all tiers that give status. Saying "oh well low levels have heritage and signature quests" is a cop out. If they take something away (writs) they should have something else ready to help the people affected. It doesn't have to give massive amounts of status, it just has to actually be there.
    Spayla, HaphazardAllure and Gulaep like this.
  2. Adevil Well-Known Member

For AoM it's the mitigation and resists that count most. Not sure about ToT.
  3. Belenos Well-Known Member

That would seem to be the best approach--if the guilds were leveling faster than they wanted, just add another nine zeros onto the amount of experience needed to get to 150. No need to nerf anyone's fun at all that way.
    Gulaep likes this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Same in ToT... plus a big enough health pool.
    Adevil likes this.
  5. Alenna Well-Known Member

ok quick question do the daily ToT crafting quests give status or not? one of my guildmates says they don't. is he bugged or did they decide crafters could only help out the guild leveling 1 day a week?
  6. Darln Active Member

hmmm, I posted a question for Deveryn and it looks like I must have hit the nail on the head, because they deleted it.
  7. Aeriel Active Member

The daily tradeskill quests reward an item (Arcannium something or other - sorry turned all mine in) which you can sell for status. I think I got 20,000 status per quest. The weekly rewards status direct. Hope that helps

Aeriel
  8. Tetrol Well-Known Member

another suggestion which is effectively a change to "do it like we insist" rather than being able to keep on doing the way it has been done quite comfortably since the guild was set up close to the start of EQ2. Contributions to upkeep - yes, fine for those who have reached high levels and can generate income, but our guild values our lowbies as well, and those with multiple alts etc. As you elude to yourself. participation is not necessarily measured in plat.

The thread has hardly gone of the rails - given that this topic is directly relevant to the second line of the OP's initial post.
    Spayla likes this.
  9. Deveryn Well-Known Member

No. They were better. Guild XP didn't matter so much as enjoying each others' company... kinda like when I played EQ and other games before that where there were no guild levels.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

You can contribute status as well as plat to the door
  11. Carynn Well-Known Member

To the how to contribute to the guild:

It depends on the guild leaders to make a new decision as to how contribution works. Simply saying "just add money/personal status to the door" isn't going to do people any good if ranks continue to be based solely on guild status earned. So as I've said before, people who are in that position, like the OP and a page 8 poster, need to speak up to your guild leaders about this problem. If they choose not to change it, you'll either have to move guilds or accept that you may never advance in rank. Either way stinks and the fact that this decision might have to come to pass is one of the reasons for the thread and the protest against it.
    Gulaep and Deveryn like this.
  12. Alenna Well-Known Member

thank you it does
  13. Nanaa New Member

The only problem with that is that no everyone played on beta, not everyone plans on being on beta, and beta doesn't represent even 1/2 the Everquest 2 community.

If someone has a guild just for crafting, they should be given equal opportunity to level their guild just by crafting. This is a MMORPG game... Not exclusively a hack and slash game. So there are people here who play using many various styles of play. This decision cuts out a portion of that population.
    GrunEQ and Belenos like this.
  14. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I don't know how you can say that. Surely, you've seen me talk a lot about crafting and very little else on this forum. I laid out my whole career for you on the beta forum, so I guess you were too busy crafting while reading my posts or something. Maybe that's why I can't get a straight response. Folks are posting while crafting. :p

Why massively increase xp, when they've added 50(!) levels? That is unheard of. Honestly, massively increasing xp is a bit of a lazy solution and it would do nothing for anyone. You and others would still be here complaining about it, noting the advantages raiding guilds have and how crafters are left in the dust because they can only do writs. Meanwhile, you actually have someone doing crafting and keeping their guild level up with other raiding guilds.
  15. Deveryn Well-Known Member

There are various styles of play and there are varying rewards appropriate for each style. To expect one thing that another gets is unfair. Crafting writs are a 3 minute activity at the most. Meanwhile, other folks are out there spending hours learning strats, dying, dealing with stupid people, so on and so forth. People on the extreme side of the crafting end are trying to justify equality for rewards, but the devs are too smart for that. Crafting is virtually unaffected by any free to play restrictions, so there should be no comments at all about being treated like a 2nd class citizen.
    Avirodar likes this.
  16. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Or maybe, just maybe, the post violated the forum guidelines, which are found at this link. I can't guarantee that it did, since I didn't see the actual post, but most of other peoples' posts that have been deleted - and almost all of mine that have suffered the same fate - have been because those posts ran afoul of 'da rules' in one manner or another.

On topic, I haven't been able to find anything listing the benefits of having a guild over level 101. Therefore, I can't really state whether a guild that is composed primarily of crafters that only do rush orders really will lose out on anything (besides the ability to claim that they have a max level guild) by not being able to writ craft their way from guild level 101 to 150. Don't get me wrong, it is awesome to be able to say that you are in a max level guild, but if that is the only benefit differentiating 150 from 101 for crafters, then what really has been lost?

Note that there seems to be no restriction (beyond the limit of 7 per week per character) placed upon the completion of the ToT crafting weeklies. This means that a person with 4 accounts and at least 9 crafters on each account (like me) with all of them at max level (not like me - since only 9 out of all my crafters are max level) could potentially earn about 5 million status per week from the Ancient Arcannium Coin (with 500K of that status going straight to guild level). And that is without a single adventuring quest being done.

However, for equity's sake, if adventure writs are still awarding status toward guild level after 101, then that should be looked at and rectified. That way, it isn't just crafting writs, it is anything that is, in effect, infinitely repeatable.
    Deveryn likes this.
  17. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting that the population that took part in beta was non-representative of the playerbase as a whole? If so, from what data are you drawing that conclusion? Or is that merely an assumption on your part?

The reason that I ask about whether you believe the beta population is representative of the game population is that, as long as the beta population is roughly proportionate cross-section of the playerbase, the actual percentage of the total population that is present shouldn't matter. I'm not stating that the population on beta is definitely a representative cross-section, merely that I haven't seen any data that would definitively indicate whether or not it is. As long as the supporting evidence isn't purely anecdotal, I would be interested in perusing the source of your data.
    Deveryn and Alenna like this.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

Guilds of lvl 100+ can buy a new guild amenity called a 'guild buff banner'.
    It gives a (scaling) buff (added as spell to toons knowledge book).
    At 100 it's a primary stat buff that scales with a toons level.
    At 101 it adds 5% to guild xp/status.
    I don't know that the breakdowns are, but I've been told a mount speed boost gets added as the guild levels further and there are probably more.

It's definitely nice, but the primary stat and contributed guild status are earned by levels that CAN be gained via writs (TS and adventure).
  19. mouser Well-Known Member

Now the raiders vs. crafters comes out into the open. Who cares? If the devs let the raiders set the pace of the game, it will be the final nail in the coffin. Even WoW realized it had to move away from that to keep going.

Most raiders beat their content by looking on wikipedia or Zam and reading the scripts, then going on YT and watching the Let's Plays and learning the strategies that way. I'm not saying it's paint by numbers easy, but it's nowhere near as difficult as the first group of raiders to clear the content (and I do have a lot of respect for the guilds and players that do that - but they aren't most raiders). Until some game company comes up with raid content that's actually challenging (with AI that makes decisions in real time and learns from past raid encounters - seriously, I don't know why Blizzard hasn't done this, they've got the AI from Starcraft) that's the way it's going to be.

That said, if they wanted to reward raid content more than writs, I wouldn't have an issue with it. Again though, that's not a reason to abolish the 'bread and butter' mechanic of a group of players that held steady for 12 years. Reduce the status from writs, or adjust the other numbers to require more of them, or *gasp* do as I've been suggesting and come up with other crafting/harvesting content as a replacement for the writ status lost.
    Ceyllynn, Gulaep, Darln and 1 other person like this.
  20. Katz Well-Known Member

Is the only thing you use the arcannium for is to get status or can it be used for other things?