Guild Level Increase

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Rosie, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Rosie Active Member

I see nothing in the notes about guild levels being increased to 150. Can this be confirmed.

Also, I have heard that crafting writs will not award guild status xp over lvl 101.

Why not? There are many crafting guilds out there and players like me that do
    nothing but craft. Why remove awardance of guild status on rush order turn ins.
    If this is the case, this is not fair as I use the rush orders as a way to level the guild.

Thank you.

Rosie
    Cloudrat, Nele and Belenos like this.
  2. Lucus Well-Known Member

the daily and weekly quests in maldura give out a new status item (20,000 personal status per) are heirloom(so you can acculate on an alt to save for something) and adventure quests give out status.

i am currently hoarding my status items for when my guild hits 101 to put them to best use.
  3. Rosie Active Member

I didn't plan on adventuring. I am a crafter. That is why this is upsetting me and I know for a fact
    a lot of other people are upset as well.

Removing guild status from completion of Crafted Rush Orders should not be allowed.
    GrunEQ, Cloudrat, Nele and 1 other person like this.
  4. mouser Well-Known Member

I'm with Rosie, though I do adventure as well.

My poor guild is stalled in the 50's, but I do plan on leveling it up some more (need a few more amenities if nothing else). One of the great things about this game is that there have been many roads that lead to Rome, so to speak. Guild of One - check, just be prepared to work harder to level up. Crafting guild? Got you covered. Raiders? You bet. Casual/Family guild? No problem.

The game needs to continue to be inclusive for all its playstyles rather than leave a large portion of the playerbase feeling left out in the cold.
    Merriel, GrunEQ, Rosyposy and 4 others like this.
  5. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

The developers felt that it was not acceptable to have people leveling their guild without ever leaving a crafting station. This was presented and argued over in beta and nothing changed regarding the verdict.

I feel you - my crafting level is low, but the guild I am in is nearing the 101 level - now writs are going to just be a mindless grind that only boosts my personal status.
  6. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Other than bragging rights, is there a reason (yet) to grind a guild up to 150?
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

There is an ammentiy youcan buy that gives a buff. On beta it was a primary stat, guild status gain and tithe boost.
    Kittybock likes this.
  8. Spock Active Member

I'm with Smallcorners if you got like a personal guild don't see what is the big deal if it takes you longer to level past 100.It's not like you won't be able to pay your rent. And broker, tradeskilling amenities, traveling by portal, ring or spires, banner don't require to be 100 to be accessible.
    Deveryn likes this.
  9. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

It adds stuff as you level up. 5% run speed at level 110.
    Kittybock and Mermut like this.
  10. Tetrol Well-Known Member

and crafters being able to run fast is something that will overpower them then? :rolleyes:
  11. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

I'm with Rosie, they are always saying Play Your Way....well then, let players do just that...it's been in the game for a long time now, and who does it hurt or what difference does it make if you level a guild by crafting instead of adventuring?
    Merriel, Rosyposy, Nanaa and 3 others like this.
  12. montyboy Member

You can still level up a guild by crafting - just not stationary writs past 101. Therefore, the only thing that has changed for *everyone* is the fact TS writs cease to be a viable means at guild level 101.
  13. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

montyboy says:
    You can still level up a guild by crafting - just not stationary writs past 101. Therefore, the only thing that has changed for *everyone* is the fact TS writs cease to be a viable means at guild level 101.

Well duh! We know what the change is...it's that many people would like to not have that "change".
  14. Belenos Well-Known Member

I can't even begin to put into words exactly how stupid this decision is. Honestly, this is far too reminiscent of some of the acts of another developer-turned-bully (Silius) in Vanguard. "You WILL play the content I made, and you WILL play it the way I want you to!" I do NOT like bullies. And I am starting to like this game less every day.

Reconsider this poisonous decision. There is no need to crap on an entire class of the players.
    Prissetta, Cloudrat and Nele like this.
  15. Avirodar Well-Known Member

If I was to agree with Rush Orders giving status beyond level 101, a few changes would need to be made.

1. Some extra time is allowed for the completion of a "101+" Rush Order.
    2. "101+" Rush Orders can only be completed using raws manually harvested after the rush order was issued. This means any raws already in possession, or obtained from things like gathering goblins & ponies, GH gatherers, brokers, personal banks, house vaults, guild banks, harvesting depots, and player trades, will not progress the Rush Order.
    3. Rush Orders that award status beyond Guild Level 101 are made to only be available from the traditional city tradeskill sectors.
    4. Rush Orders that award status beyond Guild Level 101 can only be completed on crafting equipment in traditional city tradeskill sectors.
    If all of those conditions are met, I would be happy to support the calls made for rush orders to award guild status beyond 101. Until then, as someone who has done a lot of crafting in EQ2, I support the change as it was applied.
    Deveryn likes this.
  16. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure adventure writs were included in this too, so there's really no need to act like you've been singled out for crafting your way though guild levels. The devs made a decision to provide a significant amenity and they weren't about to let anyone hit cap a week or two into the expansion. It has happened all too often, not just here, but in other games.

The fact is that anyone with a small guild is really not hurt by this because by level 100, you've easily maxed out all you need to get from amenities. It's gotten way too easy to level guilds these days. I started mine back in 2010 and it took a good 3 years just to get to 50. Since the summer of '14, I've picked up another 39 with relative ease, taking advantage of double status events and the new cataloging quest. I stopped getting more amenities ages ago because there's only so much a person / handful of people really needs.

It used to be something special where only the most dedicated could support a guild with limited people. It got cheapened over time. In the case of the crafting side, it got really cheapened by the fact that you have 3 ways to pull resources out of thin air (2 of those ways being nearly unlimited in potential repetition). Adventuring had it's cheap and easy ways too, but the crafters have made this all about them, so there's no need to get lost in those boring irrelevant details. :rolleyes:

(insert negative reaction flaming Deveryn for hating on crafters even though he is one himself and has played through all playstyles)

(insert standard Deveryn reply to the contrary)

(repeat a few times)

Now that that's out of the way, I close with the challenge to find a valid reason to allow for the infamous repeatables to grant status beyond 101. Avoid being selfish in your reasoning.
    Kuulei likes this.
  17. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Writs and adventure writs, those I can understand having little to no value to increasing a guild's level (remember they do still have personal value - Guild XP is gleaned from personal status earned), and I am someone who is rather vocal about hating having to grind anything, but for crafters, what replaced that leveling mechanic?

Are there crafting quests that give Guild XP? Not ones that simply replace one tedium for another?

I know there are an increasing number of items that can now be turned into merchants for status and Guild XP, though again, a pure crafter would only be finding a safely placed shiney, or earning city tokens through rush orders.

City tokens. Do they give status? (honestly I do not know as I only ever use them to buy stuff!) If they do, then the purpose of removing the XP of Rush orders, which give much more Guild XP, to prevent grinding, only made it worse by simply altering the focus to those tokens.

((Logic on bad pain days is not something that goes in a straight line.))
  18. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The new crafting dailies and weeklies offer coin that can be sold for status. They're work 20k personal status each. 140k / week times the number of crafting alts a person has is still a significant amount.

City tokens have a level cap of 100 on them.

The status reward wasn't removed from rush orders. They just don't count past 101.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yes, there are daily/weekly crafting quests that give guild xp.
    The removal of writs (adventure and TS) from level guilds past 101 was probably removed because all of those could be repeated infinitely. The quests that continue to contribute towards guild level generally can only be completed once a day or once a week.
  20. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

I can understand the removal of it due to the quests being infinite and not taking much time to complete. But, I would think they could just reduce xp from writs, over removing entirely. Still make those dailies and weeklies something players want to do to help advance if they must, but have rush orders something to do when done with that to add a little extra.