GU 67 Personal Depots

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Deveryn, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Gudum Active Member

There are going to be massive complaints as long as the depot is too small to hold all the common type fuels for all tiers (excluding things like pristine repair material, fuel from frostfell, etc, ). Too many of the people who have been begging for the depot want it so they can craft any level item at any time without worrying about the fuel.

The possible intention of SOE to make the house depot smaller than the GH version really doesn't have much application here, since the GH depot was put in mainly to test the functionality, and is largely unnecessary since the fuel merchant amenity has an unlimited supply of all fuels. (If this really is the case, then how about a house fuel vendor, that allows a limited amount of fuel purchase per day, just to handle what won't fit in the depot itself).

Of course, the whole discussion is pointless if the house lore tag doesn't function properly.
  2. Deveryn Well-Known Member

They can complain until they're blue in the face. It doesn't look like any further increase will take place. The fact that it took all this time for a simple number to change tells me there was some internal discussion over the matter. If we didn't have multiple house ownership, I could see them allowing all fuels to be stored, but existing storage options far surpass those of a guild hall with the small price of zoning.

50 is still pretty generous. That could be all the coal, sandpaper and filament (which covers 6 classes and 2 subclasses), plus 6 of each of the remaining types. Personally, I'd probably just leave the sage to carry their own since it uses the least. FF fuels wouldn't even be in the same house (if any) if they're still useless for most of the year. I honestly forgot pristine repair fuel even existed. Once the repair bot came along, I stopped making kits.
  3. Gudum Active Member

I was really expecting that the fuel depot was going to be a Marketplace item, and that may be the place that a full-capacity version will show up someday.

The current size of 50 will work out ok, should hold all the fuel except for the provisioner's, and I can't think of too many items that the other crafters make at high-level that need kindling.
  4. Katey Member

Has anyone tried to add the potions we get from our dailies to the potion box for your house? It would be really nice if we could get those out of our bank and into that box since it's our home box it seems like they should be able to go in there. I'm speaking of the harvest potions, progress potions and so on. I have hundreds on my account and would love to see those go in a personal potion box. :)
  5. Deveryn Well-Known Member

They're heirloom, so they wouldn't go in.
  6. Vagar Member

Yeah, with no restrictions on who can be a Trustee of your house, SOE would have to put further controls on the Depots to allow placing Heirloom items in them so that only characters from the Account that owned the potions could withdraw them. Then you might also end up with multiple Heirloom potions of the same kind in the box.

Not that I think that would be a bad thing though, but with the extra coding requirements and more possibilities for sharing heirloom item exploits, I doubt it would happen.

Solution? Shared Bank house item. Maybe from the Marketplace too. Perhaps only allowing access to the Shared Bank, not Guild or even Personal.