GU 67 Personal Depots

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Deveryn, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Nessari New Member

The guild amenity which is almost entirely pointless since there can be a guild hall fuel merchant...
  2. Deveryn Well-Known Member

That's irrelevant.
  3. krizet Active Member

Ah yes, however not all of us are fortunate enough to have the amount of status churning around necessary to maintain many GH amenities. Though, also, understood.
  4. Rotherian Well-Known Member

So how about, say, 75 for the fuel depots. That makes it 25% less than the guild amenity, yet more than enough to hold all basic fuel types for the consolidated crafting houses that many players have. (I use that instead of the guild hall because I would rather not use up the guild's resources when I have my own available. The makes more resources available for other guild members*.)

* Plus maintaining my own resources means that when I buy or harvest a stack of a given resource, I know that (as long as I haven't used it all up) the resource will still be there days, weeks, or even months down the road.
    Feara and Alenna like this.
  5. ozzyfudd New Member

I'd like to add a vote for a larger personal FUEL depot size. Especially with special quests and items available to craft that use non-standard profession fuels, 20 is too small. From a cost of storage perspective at least, the cost is too great relative to what is gained.

Similarly, the personal ammo depot should be larger to accommodate a crafter making multiple types of ammo for sale. Same cost concerns.

Similarly, though less urgently, the food&drink and Potion/poison/totem depots should be increased in size for the same reasons.

In addition, I'd like to lobby for a larger size to the Lore and Legend depot. 100 seems like a lot, but I already have three full storage boxes (40 each) of L&L items and am not close to being able to sort them effectively. I think that someone noted there were over 400 items in the complete collections, and it would help a lot if the storage were at least 200, if not more (or that there were a way to have more than one depot per house). The L&L items are things that one picks up at random, and has lots of multiples of. Many don't sell well on the broker, or, are more useful for an alt, or a friend's alt. So the accumulation stacks up.
  6. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I thought broker boxes accommodated crafters making items for sale.
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I don't feel strongly either way on the ammo depot or the L&L depot sizes, personally, partly because I'm in a level 95 guild, and I dump such things in the guild depots. (Mind you, only 5 or so of my alts use ammo)

I am solidly convinced, however, that the fuel depot could use some love - either a size increase (I'd be happy even with 40, but more is a good thing, too), or the removal of the house-lore tag from it. Just clearing out my woodworker/adorner/tinkerer's bags netted 18 of the 20 slots filled. Add in any of my other crafters -- and it doesn't even have to be the carpenter -- and I regularly need a wider variety of fuels than the personal depot can store, which means considerably more zoning. (Either I have to zone into the crafting house to grab the appropriate rares, then door to the guildhall to get fuels, or I have to hit the hall first to get the fuels, then zone over to the hall for my personal stash of rares/event harvests/adornment materials. Forget one little ... something ... anything, and I'm back to running in circles.

I donate a LOT to my guild in terms of both resources and finished materials that I drop into the various guild depots. However, I also am very strongly attatched to my personal crafting house (all crafting equipment, 19 normal apprentices, 10+ heroic apprentices and 3 raid apprentices) for my own use as a centrallized area where my 2 accounts of alts can access rares without having to worry if the last one was gobbled up by a guildmate the night before.

~Mum
    Vashte, Sambril, Cuelaen and 3 others like this.
  8. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I'd have to side with Deveryn on this one. The purpose of the depots is for storage, not for sale. It is pretty easy to place a market bulletin board in the crafting center - or even one by each table (albeit with the bulletin board as small as it will go).
    brokenshieldd likes this.
  9. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I searched this thread for the word broker and didn't find a post about selling things (other than one regarding how L&L often doesn't sell well and so the poster ends up with stacks, so plz make the L&L depot larger). What did the post you are referring to in this comment say?
  10. Senya Well-Known Member

Thanks to the addition of apprentices, and various versions of apprentices (which I hate, but that's another topic) I'm very attached to my crafting house as well. In pre-apprentice days, I used to do the bulk of my crafting in my guild hall. But as it turns out, zoning 18+ times eats up way more time than you might think, especially since I'm almost certainly going to get stuck while loading in or out of somewhere at least once. It's so much more efficient to have them all in a centralized location with their apprentices, raw materials, and crafting tables.

With all my crafters sharing one house I need more than 20 stacks of various fuels. Crafters have been asking for a way to store fuel in player houses for ages. I remember people asking for a house fuel merchant before there were guild halls or depots at all. I'm grateful to finally be getting something, but before it goes live please adjust it so that it actually does what we've always hoped it would do for us.

I really think it needs to be at least 65+ items. If not, then please change the recipe to work like the harvest depot recipe now does, with a small and large version on the same recipe - small being a non-lore version that holds 10. I'm willing to fork over the extra rares to make as many as it takes to have all my necessary fuels in my crafting house. That wouldn't be my first choice, but it beats one 20slot house-lore depot that doesn't completely solve my need for fuels in the house.
  11. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Now there's an issue we should be marching with pitchforks and torches about. "Waiting for zone server"....10 minutes later still "waiting for zone server".
    Sambril, Cuelaen and Senya like this.
  12. Senya Well-Known Member

Someone asked that the ammo depot be larger for a crafter making ammo to sale. **Note - I have no real opinion on the ammo depot size since I play mostly mages. If people that use ammo think it should be larger I'm certainly not opposed to that.

Here's the quote:

13. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It was the post directly above that one. I was being lazy and not quoting. :p

"Similarly, the personal ammo depot should be larger to accommodate a crafter making multiple types of ammo for sale. Same cost concerns.

Similarly, though less urgently, the food&drink and Potion/poison/totem depots should be increased in size for the same reasons."
  14. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Oh...I assumed that was just to allow him to restock his broker box by being lazy and not switching back to MP spec again.

Edit: Potion/poison/totem could definitely use a boost. WAY too many useful things that just won't fit in that box.
  15. Alenna Well-Known Member

yes if I have zoning from guildhall to crafting house to have the proper fuel for apprentice dailies I have 11 crafter so far at various levels doing them we need a larger fure depot you gave us the apprentice and the dailies to shorten the time it takes to research but going through 11+ crafters zoning 2 or 3 times for each eats up the time I could be adventuring or crafting regular stuff.
  16. Galinn New Member

could someone please tell me where to get the recipe for the Large lore tinkered personal harvest depot. I have the original recipe and when i craft it all i get is the 100 slot small depot. Or at least tell me how so many people seem to have multiple small depots in there single home. thanks so much. Galinn
  17. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It sounds like you're crafting it on a simple work bench. You need an elaborate or summoned bench and you have to take the recipe all the way to the end for the large version.
  18. Galinn New Member

Hi Deveryn, I have the elaborate workbench. I can also summon a workbench. What do you mean "take it all the way to the end?" sorry feeling like I missed something there
  19. Senya Well-Known Member

You have to craft all the way to the end of the 4th bar to get the large depot. Stopping the combine after you finish the first, second, or third bar yields a small depot. I assume that you are making your depot on the beta server? This change has not went live yet, and on regular servers this recipe makes a one-size depot that is lore.

If you are on beta, this is what you should see when crafting the depot:

[IMG]
  20. ozzyfudd New Member

NOT a question of being lazy, it's a question of storing different things. Each type of item requires one slot in the depot, whether I store 10, 1000, or 20,000. The broker boxes are easily reached, HOWEVER, they only store 200 items per slot, or a max of about 20,000 if one has the latest and greatest sales container. So if I'm industriously crafting ammo for the voracious quivers of the Queen's Royal Rangers, and have the mass quantity tradeskill, I can do 100 recipes of 200 at once. THAT will fill up a broker box of the largest size, or one depot slot.

How about removing the Home-Lore tags, is there really that much opposition to people who are not members of large guilds being able to store stuff in their homes for smaller play groups???

I'm guessing that alchemists who don't limit their production to the top levels have similar difficulties with storing all the different types and levels of poisons and potions, and could use either a bigger box or one not limited by the Home-Lore tag. Add in the totems made by Woodworkers and this depot really is under-slotted.

Capece?
    Feara likes this.