GU 67 Personal Depots

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Deveryn, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Cloudrat has already demonstrated that the House-Lore tag is no more a restriction than the Heirloom tag on the existing personal depot is:
  2. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It's not about how much you can store. It's the fact that you make more work for yourself putting stuff in a box, only to have to shift it over to the broker later.
  3. Jeslan New Member

Wow thank you for the new depots! However, the item counts are going to limit some of their usefulness. Please consider modifying the item count or removing the lore tag

Examples:

L&L depot 100? come on, I know I have at least 30 trophies on my wall from L&L, there are at least 6-7 body parts for each one. If I wanted to store extra body parts for these items 100 wouldn't put a dent in the number of body parts I have stuffed in banks and such

Fuel - a carpenter uses sandpaper, coal and filaments. Multiply that by the different tiers and I won't be able to store all the variations of fuel she uses in 20 slots...

If you remove the lore tags, it would even be better since we could organize all our items. A depot for regular harvestables and one for holidays for example.

thank you,
  4. Jeslan New Member

5. Jeslan New Member

It would be nice if "friends" could use my depots, rather than trustees.... I don't like opening my houses to trustees, but would have no problem letting friends use my depots and pull items out of my depots.
  6. Deveryn Well-Known Member

That option exists on the permissions tab already.
  7. Alenna Well-Known Member

a week away from this update going live and still nothing from the devs about our concerns. the fuel depot needs to be larger or it won't work as some one mentioned the Carpenter uses at least 3 different types of fuel. and in my crafting house I have 11 crafters at various levels going through the apprentice dailies which also needs 3 different fuels for the crafting 20 slots is not enough there are 9 tiers of apprentice dailies. 9x3 is 27 that does no include the incense for my sage, nor the candles for the alchemist or kindling for the provi.
  8. ozzyfudd New Member

That is an arrogant, condescending, and just plain stupid response. How I play is MY business.

Many thanks to the devs for the depots, the collectible and L&L versions will be especially useful. However many slots you allow, I'm glad to have them.
    Cloudrat likes this.
  9. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I really do suggest you just take the HOUSE-LORE tag off the depots. People are just going to find ways to put more than one of each kind in their homes anyway! :rolleyes:
    Karrane likes this.
  10. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Arrogant? Slightly. Condescending? Yes, quite a bit. Plain stupid? Not so much.

How you play is your business, but that doesn't change the fact that it would be less overall click/drag combinations to go inventory -> broker than inventory -> storage -> inventory -> broker. If you choose to do those extra click/drag combos, that is entirely up to you. I've never seen much point in someone making three left turns to go right, but I won't try to stand in the way of anyone that chooses to do so. :p
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I wasn't being any of those things in my response. Can we continue with the topic at hand or are we going to continue flaming me for some misinterpretation?
  12. Vagar Member

Along with the concerns about the quantities the boxes hold, is anyone else annoyed that these new boxes require T9 rare harvests? After many months of my adventuring side of my characters being almost exclusively in 90+ content, my supply of level 80 rares is pretty small, especially the ones required for Expert spells, while my supply of level 90 rares is in the dozens of every kind at the least, some even over 100.

I realize that making the recipes use T10 Rares would require a bump in the skill required for the recipes but at this point, would that really even matter much over the higher availability of the materials needed? At least if my assumption that T10 Rares are more common these days overall than T9 Rares is correct.
  13. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

The recipes are based on the Personal Harvest Depot, which is a T9 recipe. I don't see how they could justify having a T9 recipe use T10 materials.
  14. Alenna Well-Known Member

with the harvesting potion I"ve collected from the apprentice dailies and my main being my harvestrer with all but the unrest boots I do pretty well getting T9 rares in an afternoon of harvesting
  15. Tkia Well-Known Member

Nope. I just picked up all the rares I'll need for new depots for multiple alts while watching an episode each of sg1 and csi. Just get out there and get it done! :)
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

From the beta patch notes for tomorrow:

TRADESKILLS
    The maximum amount of stacks that can be stored in a Personal Fuel Depot has been increased to 50.

THANK YOU!!!!
    Alenna, Kuulei, Cloudrat and 2 others like this.
  17. Rotherian Well-Known Member

While I am glad they increased it from 20, I was kinda hoping for at least 60. Guess most of the way there is better than none.

Maybe they can make a Personal Fuel Depot (small) with the 20, so those of us that have the one-stop personal crafting centers can have the rest of the fuels necessary for crafting in all the tiers.
  18. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Agreed not sure why they stopped at 50 , my guess is the person making the decision doesn't actually craft and went to the vendor looked saw 5 kinds repeating and multiplied by the 10 tiers. The kindling because of its wierd pricing doesn't fit the pattern and would be easily overlooked by someone who isnt a crafter. Hope we get lucky and get that slight mistep fixed:)
  19. Deveryn Well-Known Member

That's no misstep. The intention was clearly not to cover every fuel. Storage totals are the way they are, so you don't get anything close to a guild version for free. Ever since the personal harvest depot first came out, it was always at least 50% capacity of the guild version. Carrying that on for years is not a misstep, it's intended design and functionality. The only misstep, which they've admitted, is not catching the multiple lore boxes per house.

Anyway, I'm relieved and grateful for the 50 slots, as I'm sure every other carpenter is. I will now have 30!!! more slots in my bag!!! :D
  20. Senya Well-Known Member

I'm very,very happy that the fuel depot got an increase. I'm also more than a little disappointed that it wasn't bumped up to at least 60. I suppose I'll still have to keep a broker box in my house filled with fuel and "buy" it from myself when necessary.