GU 67 Personal Depots

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Deveryn, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It's nice to finally see these on beta/test, especially the new harvest one. My one issue is the fuel depot seems a bit light on space. My main is a carpenter / tinkerer / adorner. I need the full range of sandpaper, coal and some filaments, which easily puts me over the 20 stack limit. Could we possibly get the capacity bumped to 50?
  2. Alenna Well-Known Member

how do you get the personal depots is there a recipie or something? And I second the motion to up teh stacks for the same reason. plus this is going into my crafting house where I Have at least 1 of each crafter doing the apprentice dailys at various levels.
  3. Enric_of_Neriak Member

They are a tinkered and have been added to the current tinkering recipe already in game.
  4. Alenna Well-Known Member

found out now to recopy my tinkerer since this update screwed up my existing copy of her.
  5. Sambril Well-Known Member

20 seems way too small for fuels - I would like to be able to hold a stack of each fuel from all tiers in a single box, with perhaps a little for later expansion. At the very least I would like to be able to hold all the fuels used for apprentices of all tiers, as one of my first uses for this would be to put it in my apprentice house.
  6. Senya Well-Known Member

Thank you devs for the depots!!

Now for the feedback: The fuel depot definitely needs an increased number of available slots. Please change it to 100 items.

For anyone that may be curious, the existing 100 slot personal harvest depots have had a name change (Personal Harvest Depot (Small) ) and the lore tag has been removed. The same recipe now makes a new improved depot that is Personal Harvest Depot (Large), which holds 1,000 items and is labeled "House-Lore".
  7. krizet Active Member

Feedback also for the fuel slot amount. There are currently 60 unique types of basic fuel over the tiers. This does not include Frostfell (x4), as well as other unique fuels for crafting (such as repair materials and so forth).
    Please raise this amount to at the least 100 to match the other, if older, boxes.
    Thank you.
    Pengana and Cyliena like this.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Pretty please with lots of chocolate on top, rethink the size of the personal fuel depot.

Echoing, vigorously, the request for an increase in size on the personal fuel depot. Many crafters have personal alt armies, which means they often need all tiers of all types of fuels. My woodworker alone filled up 18 slots of the 20-slot fuel depot just by dumping her bags, and she wasn't even carrying everything she might need. (She needs sandpapers for ammo and totems and such for guildmates and alts, coals for tinkering and adorning for guildmates and alts, and then also the top tier of filament to go with T10 sandpaper and T10 coal for apprentice runs.) Add in another alt, any other alt (I have all classes covered), and I'm well over 20 fuel types, since they all craft out of the same home.

Also echoing a heartfelt thank you for getting these personal depots in!

~Mum
    Katey, Pengana, Senya and 1 other person like this.
  9. Anaogi Well-Known Member

Adding to the chorus on the fuel depots. 20 just won't cover those 'personal crafting nexus' houses that any altaholic crafter has set up by now!
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

It's 20? Wow.
    Senya likes this.
  11. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Agreed on this, please!

Also, thank you very much for these depots. I am **so** excited for the fuel one!
    Katey and Senya like this.
  12. Alanducar Active Member

I would like to add my thoughts on the depots. For one, they are an excellent addition and i am excited to get my hands on the larger harvest depot and the fuel depot for in home use. However, i am going to voice my issue here with the fact that it only holds 20 while as there are much more than that for fuels in the game. I would be happy to have a slight increase since i am fairly certain i will need far more than 20 slots for my library which i use to craft all the daily's and my personal dojo where i do all my house item crafts. It would be nice to see this increased to assist those of us who will find a lot of use from this depot. Thank you :)
  13. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Brilliant implementation this time! We get the larger sized house harvest depot without a lot of mess changing out the houses with extras small depots in their houses.
    KUDOS![IMG]
    Cyliena and Eshaac like this.
  14. Alenna Well-Known Member

my crafting alt army needs a larger fuel depot.

Please rethink the size of the personal fuel depot.
    Katey and Cloudrat like this.
  15. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Ok you can put the lore large depot in your house and transfer all the stuff from the little depots and then pick up the little no trade ones hehe Still not sure what to do with the little ones but so happy about the new depots:)
  16. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Carpenter needs lots more than this will hold.
  17. Gudum Active Member

Great to finally see the depots, and thank you so much to SOE.

My main thoughts (having not tried any of these since I'm not on beta at the moment):

1 - Fuel depot is definitely too small, hopefully 20 slots is just part of the testing, but really need all tiers of fuel.

2 - Would really be nice to have a recipe to convert the existing personal harvest depot to the large size.

3 - Have a filter option on the harvest depot, to keep out the frostfell items, or alternately to allow all frostfell items to be removed in bulk. Since frostfell recipes can only be crafted on frostfell crafting stations, the materials will have to be pulled out of the depot each year (and on Bristlebane day), and doing this manually will be a real pain.
    Spindle likes this.
  18. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

I would rather be able to make frostfell recipes on regular machines and avoid having to sort the ingredients separately.
    Katey and Lodrelhai like this.
  19. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Better yet...
    Make this year's frostfell tradeskill questline, award a "frostfell crafting device" :p

Back to the thread...
    Thank you for these new depots, not that I will have much use of them, but it will make the crafting, test and homeshow channel more pleasant!
    Katey, Pengana, Cyliena and 3 others like this.
  20. Senya Well-Known Member

Since each depot has it's own restrictions the large harvest depot is a perfect general purpose depot, while the smaller ones are great for keeping some items sorted. You can keep that smaller depot around just for Frostfell harvests for easier removal come Frostfell time. The large depot is house-lore, but the smaller ones are not. You can have as many as you like in the same house with 1 large depot.

I've got big plans for my smaller depots. In my crafting village I'll have a large depot for regular harvests from all tiers, then I'll use the small depots that belong to my various crafters as a Frostfell box, a holiday box, a rares box, a T10 adorning materials box, a reactants box, a specialty box (for things like battle warped wood, chunk of void metal, and those items that dropped in DoV for mastercrafted-fabled items). Some of my boxes I'll set friend access to, but others will only be trustee. I think it will be a great way to sort and restrict use of different items.
    Cloudrat likes this.