Green adornments, level 96-100 - itemization hole

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Yukinoh, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I then thought so too but was to lazy to edit my post. I am still thinking they might drop. Ones with SDC.
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Actually mine was described with slightly more pot/cb, a slight variety in stats, and a way of getting them which didn't mean doing old content.

There really doesn't need to be a gap of no new green adorns for none raiders this expac. An interim Heroic/Solo version would be good.
  3. norwendor New Member

It would be nice to see new adorns that non raiders can get and lvl
  4. Gnomad_Madgon Active Member

Feedback - Drop Rate - Green Adornments

After 4 weeks of farming the trash in 4 of the 5 new raid zones in AoM my raid force has a total of 10 new green adornments. Half of those are tank adorns, do tank adorns have an equal chance of dropping? If so make the drop rate on those adornments slightly lower then the others? I can not imagine many forces run with more then 3 tanks that's only 8% of the raid force.

Feedback - Itemazation - Stats

Bonecaster's Focus Crystal the green adornment with ability modifier caps out at 725. For all DPS classes 60 DPS modifier on Core of the Fanatic will have much more value. Perhaps raise the ability modifier to 2500? This should make it appealing for classes with high caps on that stat, and balance out the desire between these two.
  5. Laita Well-Known Member

I think a simple fix to this would be to increase the adornment level cap from 50 to 100 on the current 90+ green adorns..
  6. Wintir Active Member

New greens with a decent mitigation stat, please. These new AoM bosses are beating my poor SK like a rented warg. o_O
  7. Yukinoh Active Member

It is an issue, truly. Retroactively improving our old adorns would be A fix, but hardly in the spirit of "go get something new!". I don't mind levelling new adorns from 1-100, in fact, was looking forward to it. Heck, I wouldn't mind adorns that went to level 200 - levelling slow - to get something new and interesting =).
    Celrath likes this.
  8. xkrisx Well-Known Member

Heck to the no. I dont mind having to work to lvl the new adorns but the current rate of XP Gain on these things are crazy. If you are primarily a raider, you will probably never see it hit 100.

There is a gap in the amount of green adorns being offered and the rarity of them, but for the love of Norrath, please bump the XP gain on these things or lower the amount of XP needed up to lvl 50 at least.

Daalilama likes this.
  9. Crychtonn Active Member

Your problem is the XP in the raid zones is terrible. They have increased the XP in the Heroic and Adv Solo zones though. With the increase I can get about 3 levels on the new adorns doing all the Adv Solo zones.
  10. xkrisx Well-Known Member

Yeah, your right. I dont run as many Heroics as I would like and well, I get bored running the Solos lol. So my main source of XP is raiding :(
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Raid bosses giving a good chunk of XP would fix this issue really.

Similar to how the Tears of Veeshan Adorn worked.
  12. xkrisx Well-Known Member

A
    Absolutely, hell give it 1 full lvl for each boss killed. If you only raided, it would still take a couple of weeks to lvl :)
  13. Gnomad_Madgon Active Member

Bumping this thread.

I have two alts who do not raid. Is there any plans to added Heroic and/or Advanced solo versions? This is clearly as the OP stated an "itemization hole".

• It would give non-raiders (I am assuming you have many subscribers to EQ2 who do not raid) another reason to log in and keep their subscriptions going.
    • It would provide more incentive for max level characters to group with players who want/need help leveling up to 100.
    • It would drive station cash sales in the form of experience potions

I am sure I can come up with many more reasons for adding these, and doing so sooner rather then later. I honestly can not think of a single con to providing these items to the players. In addition for the raiders the drop rate on raid adornments is abysmal it needs to be looked at. It will take more then half a year for the majority of raid forces to get three a piece. This is true IF and only IF the desired adornments drop and we do not get flooded with tank adorns that wind up going to alts.

In hindsight I think a smarter way to handle green adornments is add recipes to craft them. Have one primary component drop that can be used to make any of the adornments.
    Quillyne and Celrath like this.
  14. Celrath Member

I too would like to see the adorn rate increased and also some SDA/Flurry on adorns as well. For all the raid content we have done, it seems that the tank one drops more than the rest which seems very strange.
  15. Abasinolanam Active Member

Saying that green adorns from last expansion are still available is simply missing the point. And posts saying "most of us" are generalizing the population beyond reality. There is no "most of us." Players vary from hardcore raider with a hydra/tov adorn, full time raider, part time raider, full time player, to casual player, and any variation of these as our RL demands vary. Not to mention that even if you're a hardcore raider and your toon had the best of everything last expansion, your raid team may need you to switch to a different class this expansion because of different needs (like an unneeded 3rd or 4th tank) and this leaves you with very little chance at getting a current green adorn.

I don't really care what stats they have (I trust the devs to have a stats curve that matches their vision of the expansion) but I wholeheartedly agree there is a problem with the current availability of green adorns. At the current drop rate our raid team will likely not be fully adorned for almost a year, and there are no heroic versions to craft in the interim. I'd like to see the raid versions drop more often from trash or at least drop from bosses also. We're a month and a half into the expansion and we've probably seen no more than 3 non-tank green adorn drops.
    Bestiarator and Daalilama like this.
  16. Daalilama Well-Known Member

The drop rate on the new green adorns from raid borders just this side of madness. With no new heroic/contested/solo recipe's to craft or greens dropping to bridge the gap until you 1) get lucky enough to see a green adornment drop in raid 2) actually be one you need (reports of raid guilds seeing nothing but the tank green adornment are not without merit)...it will be likely sometime into next xpac before my raid force will have enough.

Side note on those saying or stating well, you have last xpac's greens so settle for them....that's both illogical and not pertinent to the discussion at hand.
  17. konofo Active Member

Here's the distribution we've seen so far:

10 Bulwark of Malice
    2 Core of the Fanatic
    2 Bonecaster's Focus Crystal

I wouldn't rule out that these drops might be deliberately weighted by zone, and that Bulwarks could simply be favored in the easier zones.

I also agree that there should be more Ability Modifier on the Focus Crystal, and at least one option with Doublecast and/or Flurry.

kono
    Gharyn likes this.
  18. Yukinoh Active Member

Several weeks later, and the raid drop rate of these does not seem to improve.

Perhaps a one-shot recipe additional book drop from dungeons and raid trash that uses similar components to Superior or War runes to MAKE these? If you don't want more of them to actually drop, or code another set of items used in their construction? They'd still enter the game slowish, but they'd actually enter the game, which currently, it's difficult to argue that they are.

Or just give us more drops of different green adorns, perhaps.
  19. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I have 1 at 100 and leveling a second one now that's at level 53 (or higher, not paying that much attention) The best experience for them is in the AoM contested zones.
  20. xkrisx Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I primarily raid and the amount of XP given in raids has finaly netted me to lvl 31 or 32 now. Seriously, raid XP needs a huge bump.