Green adornments, level 96-100 - itemization hole

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Yukinoh, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Yukinoh Active Member

There are outstanding adornments that drop (very rarely indeed) off of raid trash. They're so good as to be as if we get an extra equipment slot for each one we slot. On an intense farming rotation of the first four raid zones, we get about five a week, i.e., in four and a half months, an entire raid will be able to start leveling a set of adornments, likely tank hp/mit adorns given the drop rates we've seen so far.

Then there's nothing else at all. No crafted, of either lesser or highly desirable types, such as were present in all previous expansions since green adornments were introduced originally. They simply don't exist that we've seen.

At a minimum, please introduce transmutable-crafted adorns such as were present in all lower tiers previously, or new types using something like the stoneshards of the previous expansion. With new adornments going to level 100, many of us would like to be leveling a set of new adornments before halfway to next expansion as raiders, and people who don't raid would probably like access to new greens before the NEXT expansion.

Pretty please =).
    Xillean, Tylia, Mindsway and 8 others like this.
  2. GIndotto Well-Known Member

Everyone should still have 3 green adorns fully leveled from TOV. They didn't suddenly become obsolete, in fact my tank still uses his. I don't think there's a gap, as most the ToV adorns work just fine until you can get a new adorn. Personally it's just a waste of time to level an adorn you are just planning to replace with a better one later, when you already have one leveled that's working just fine as is from ToV. You actually lose stats putting on any new adorn, over a leveled one before it.
  3. Wurm Well-Known Member

Have you seen the new adorns? They blow the old ToV CoE ones away so bad that they aren't even in the running. I'd swap mine out in a heartbeat if I could.
    Mermut likes this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Also, not everybody HAS good green adorns from ToV.
    Hijinx and Loredena like this.
  5. Llwellyn Active Member

Yep, I didn't do much playing during TOV, unfortunately. I still had COE greens in two slots that wouldn't gain XP outside of those zones. I just bought three of the TOV greens for a steal so they will all level together and I don't have empty green slots. It's a very tiny sacrifice to the stats temporarily since it's a big difference. If I ever get my hands on one of these other greens it will be great - but until then at least I have adorns that will gain XP, give proper stats and no empty slots.
    Loredena likes this.
  6. Jodiph Active Member

As it is I'm going to have everything out of the heroic zones I want before I even have 1 new green adorn. So I hope the xp from running raids is enough to level it from 1-100 in a reasonable time frame, otherwise I'll go crazy grinding in HKC.
  7. Crychtonn Active Member

It's not. Raid XP blows.
  8. Crychtonn Active Member

Yes the new ones blow the old one out. But not until they are leveled. And it takes a good amount of time to level them. They aren't worth using full time until you get them to at least level 50. Other wise your loosing a ton of stats. Thankfully the sig line ability for removing adorns allows you to take them off for raid to use old leveled ones. And then swap them back on when doing heroic and solo stuff to level them. That's what I've been doing and will continue to do until they are leveled to a point where they can be worn full time.
  9. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Produce some Mastercrafted Green adorns, that require some form of really rare harvest, or heroic zone drop (So both parties of people can be happy).

Give it the following stats:

6% Potency
    6% Crit Bonus
    40 DPS Mod
    5% Abil Reuse
    3 Weapon Damage Bonus

Job done :)
    Mindsway likes this.
  10. Wurm Well-Known Member

Well since I no longer raid... I won't be getting any to begin with, but if I did, I'd use them doing the heroics and other stuff I do now to level them.
  11. Arieste Well-Known Member

and a +SDA version for casters pls.
  12. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I'm guessing they dont want SDA on greens judging by the new ones.

So perhaps just add 2k abil mod or 3 Spell Weapon Damage Bonus
  13. Crychtonn Active Member

Only if they add ones with Flurry on for scouts ;)

Looks like they intentionally left both flurry and SDA off the new adorns and stuck with the standard Ability Mob and DPS.
  14. GIndotto Well-Known Member

Errorr the adorn you're describing exists in ToV. And in fact you can still have them made even if you weren't here for ToV. If they add one in later in AoM great, until then you have 3 tiers of ToV green adorns that are still perfectly working and usable in the stats they give (unlike CoE - ToV where you had adorns giving small amounts of multi attack and haste lol). There's nobody being left out in the cold!

Are they as good as the new greens? No. But that's the point I think. I just don't see the need for more adorns when there's access to something decent until you get your hands on these new ones. If the stats on ToV adorns were useless, sure, but they aren't.

Another solution would be to just make the green adorns rare from final bosses in Phantom Seas. I don't think that would really break anything, as most people are botting \ boxing raid trash to sell adorns on my server already. Woohoo.
  15. Yukinoh Active Member

Going to break out the best reason of all to make these happen, stats left up to the designers.

(I like spell DA, but see mechanically as people near the 100% DC cap, that they're reluctant to keep stat inflating that last frontier to improve mage DPS so they don't get painted into a corner on it later and have to put in spell triple.)

Cookies.

(Even if my raiders claim the cookies are a lie. Would I lie?)
  16. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I think they still do. I've got one with 14 wdb and 14 swb (though for some reason it doesn't show swb on eq2wire but it's visible in the game) at lvl 100 plus ab mod over 700 (not much, would be better to get 2k. Agreed).
    Eq2wire doesn't present ToV green adorments correctly either. Always missing swb.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

I think they mean spell double attack, not spell weapon damage bonus.
    Kraeref likes this.
  18. Meshuggahx Member

It's really a shame if there's not gonna be a SDA version of those like previous tov adorns.. i'm hardly capped on SDA on my conjy :(
  19. Wurm Well-Known Member

What you are forgetting to take into account, is most of us have ToV CoE greens and we want something new.
  20. Kalika Well-Known Member

We are missing : solo adorn (crafted), heroic adorn (crafted from heroic drop and recipe dropped in heroic).