Green Adorn Levels to Max in 5 years of Raiding

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Neon, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Thothe New Member

Well January is almost over. Any update on what changes might be and when they might come in?
  2. Tobe New Member

Are exp curves on the green adornments ever going to be looked into? As they are now it takes an absurd amount of time and effort to level some of them. Way more than is reasonable...

For example I had to take 38,698,258 damage (un-warded) to go from 633.82% (level 6 + 33.82%) exp to 636% (level 6 + 36%) exp on my WIll of the Shiverback King.

That's 17,751,494 damage received to gain 1% OR 1,775,149,400 to go from lvl 6 to lvl 7...

1.77 Billion damage received to gain 1 lousy level. And yes it requires even more damage per level as the adornment levels up.

If you are grouped with a shaman (what main tank isn't?) and they are warding you (Duh), any warded damage Does Not Count towards damage taken and exp gain.

But here's the real kicker..... If you are 100% health and have an Active Ward on you when the mob dies you gain ZERO adornment exp. So yea you can take a 100 gazillion damage on a 5 hour fight .... be full health with a ward active when the mob dies and you get nothing nada zip zilch zero.

As it is now I run around wearing Crafted Cloth Armor and in Reckless Stance to level the Will of the Shiverback King. I find it rediculous that i have to do such to gain any kind of relevant exp on the adornment.

Needs fixing please. Been long enough already.
    scousetroub likes this.
  3. Koleg Active Member

Today is January 29th and The Will/Grit of the Shiver Back is still 100% broken.
  4. Kander Developer

We are working on these right now. We are shooting to get them out ASAP.
  5. Lament Active Member

Woot! So my Munk will get more than 9% in 50 instance runs?
  6. Kander Developer

Substantially more.
  7. Lament Active Member

Wooot; Kander you are fast becoming my favourite Dev (sorry Gninja and Xelgad). Thx too for the Ethereal Munk weapon fix too... it is awesum!
  8. Crychtonn Active Member

What about the ones that level off out going damage, CA's cast, Spells cast and heals?
  9. Kander Developer

Those are getting changes/fixes as well.
  10. scousetroub Active Member

Be nice to see some scout / fighter ones with bit of Ability Reuse on them.
  11. Encori Active Member

It would be nice to get this working, especially in a way that doesn't punish you for defending or absorbing hits.
  12. Tobe New Member

Anything yet?
    30 million damage taken = 1% now....
    yay?
  13. Gamer New Member

Are you sure this one is based on the total amount of damage taken? cause it really doesn't say that....

That is what it says,

This will grow in power as you take damage!

This will grow in power as you use combat arts

now I am not saying it doesn't need looked at just maybe we are looking at it wrong,

I was thinking it is possible that damage is just a criteria it needs in order to grow.

ex.
    1. adventurer must be hit twice with at least x amount of damage.
    2. adventurer must kill monster
    3. award adorn x amount of growth based on monster str/lvl or even based on monster exp.
  14. Kaofeiyun Member

Will this cover all green adorns? One in particular that I have noticed levels the slowest by far is Zenith of Trickery. It says it will gain experience as you inflict damage on others, but it does not update on duals, bgs, and only levels very slowly over normal gameplay. I have had it for a few weeks or more and it just just barely a few % into level 2.
  15. Magic Missiles Active Member

16. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Guessing you'll see this in the Feb 26th GU. Would think they'd have to get the GU to test this week as it's already too late to get quality testing for the GU.
  17. Estred Well-Known Member

Unless they push the GU to April yeah, they are short on time to get any QA from testing.
  18. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Considering we're basically still testing Harrow's End months after it was released I don't have much hopes for a Feb 26th GU being released in working order. There was supposed to be the next GU with more content in April already I thought. Would be pretty disappointing if they keep bumped this one to April.
  19. Estred Well-Known Member

It would be but I figure as long as it doesn't have to deal with 5 bosses worth of raid scripting we should be fine :D after all we know they can do Solo Signatures top-notch -_-
  20. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Bad news guys. The new raid zone is a clockwork elevator factory where all the mobs AE stun+stifle and memwipe. Also random deathtouch's to anyone in the raid. Also random teleports.