Green Adorn Levels to Max in 5 years of Raiding

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Neon, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Neon New Member

I decided to do some math on my new Green adornment "Seal of the Silver Reaper".

I got about 3-4% of a level per raid, that's about two zones worth of mobs. Lets say I got 5% of a level per raid on a really good raid night.

5% per raid night, 3 nights a week, is = 15% of a level per week! Yay!
    So then to get to level one, 100/15% = 6.6 weeks for one level!
    Now I want a mythical max level green adorn at level 10, so that's 66 WEEKS! or 5.5 YEARS! YAY!

I should have the option to be a RAIDER, and only play my character in raids, and be able to get this adorn to max level before the game is obsolete. Or at least with light grouping.

And with the way all the raid encounters are broken right now, PoW loot screwed up level wise with progression, better loot in solo zones, that won't be too long.
  2. Caedo Member

o_O The benefit to raiding is the gear, not the xp. So group or solo for a while. I've had one of my green adorns for less than a week and it's on level 4... and I haven't grouped at all with him.

And there are 52 weeks in a year... 66 weeks is nowhere near 5 years.
  3. Neon New Member

Yes, at 2 o'clock in the morning my math was a little off, 66 weeks is 1 year and a couple months (I tried to edit it, but I don't see any edit option).

But this is also best case scenario, it would in practice take anywhere between 1 and 3 years depending on if I made every raid and got between 2 and 5% per raid.
  4. Caedo Member

Well like I said, raids aren't intended for gaining xp, so group or solo a while if you want to level it. It really doesn't take that terribly much, if I've gotten to level 4 in less than a week.
  5. Shonto Member

Mouse over the xp bar on that adorn; I think the Seal levels based on the amount you heal rather than XP.
  6. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Problem is adornments ARE gear. So really these green adornments are reversed in terms of being upgraded, where spending time doing the 'biggest' PvE content yields the worst results for a top PvE item.

Personally I would like to see something like raid level adornments getting their best progress from raiding. It becomes especially problematic when you start getting the higher end adornments. Green adornments don't all level at relatively the same rate. There are big differences in their exp curves. Reminds me when they tried to get people to keep running DoV heroic content purely for the white shards to buy yellow adornments.

Running heroic or solo zones countless times purely for leveling up adornments is INTENSELY boring.
  7. Caedo Member

Yeah, but GETTING the raid gear is your benefit from raiding. I could see a raid adornment needing raid xp to level though. But with basic leveling adornments, I don't think those that can raid need to get super xp from it also. Raiders already get one major benefit over those that can't raid.
  8. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Those raid adornments aren't 'raid level' gear until they are leveled up at least most of the way. Otherwise they may as well be adorns from solo runs considering the very small gap between them at the start.

Basically we are talking about needing to grind in either solo or group capacities to get the raid gear we worked for to actually BE raid gear. No different from say, getting a new BP from a raid mob but only has 50 green stats, but then having to run dozens of heroic zones or even more solo zones for it to actually be 170-180+ green stats.
  9. Caedo Member

No, as I said, the raid adornments (dropped from raids) I think would be appropriate to have them require raid xp to level. I think that would be kind of neat to add, actually. But (as I didn't look up the specific adorn the OP mentioned) if it's a group dropped piece of gear, I see no reason raids should give it very good xp.
  10. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Oh I agree completely. At SoE Live I was actually talkign to a dev about making some raid versions level up by specific kills. Like an adornment instantly going to level 2 after killing the first named in Harrows End. Another level after killing the second, etc.
  11. Caedo Member

That would actually be kind of cool. They have a few things like that in the original EQ, so I'm surprised they haven't done it here too.
  12. Estred Well-Known Member

Boss based progression is indeed a cool/good idea imo. Currently I guess my Green Adorns give me a reason to group with others even though I have HM CoE and Plane of War gear with some Avatar mixed in.
  13. Davngr Well-Known Member

there is something off about green adorns. my alts quest adorn was mythical in a week and half but my refined is lvl 3 lol.. yea lvl 4 and i kill stuff none stop. it's ridiculous either make them better and keep the leveling the same or keep them as they are and adjust leveling to weeks instead of months.
  14. AustinB Member

There are actually 52 weeks per year, so it would only take 1 Year, 2 Months, 20 days to level that adorn to max.

I do agree that these adorns take far too long to level up. I leveled a guildmate who just got the expansion today from 92 to 95 in Skyshrine and my adorns only gained ~30% of a level in this time (approx 2 hrs). In otherwords it will take ~50 hours of pure grinding in the most XP efficient spot in the game to max out these adorns (Refined Consecrated Soul Trap and Nexus of Acid).

The amount of XP required to level these adorns should be 1/5 of its current value. You would still need grind for 10 hrs straight to level them, and that is still 5 times longer than it took to get from 92 to 95.
  15. Arieste Well-Known Member

The problem at the moment - much reported, never responded to or resolved - is that adornments do not function as described.

At the moment, pretty much all adornments level on XP or # of mob kills. Raids have NEVER been a good source of either, so it's natural that levelling these adornments in raids would be terrible.

On the other hand, there are adorments that are supposed to level on the number of spells cast, number of heals, number of times you get hit. THESE adornments - when functioning properly - should obviously level much faster in raids, since you do a lot more of these things on any given raid encounter. Unfortunately, none of them work properly and instead all level on XP/kills.

So yeah, if SOE just fixes the xp gain on existing adorns, your problem would be solved. (Or at least you'll have the option of picking out the adorments that level from what you choose to be doing (raid casting, etc.) and NOT pick the ones that level off gaining XP or other things that you're doing less of.

This is the way the system was designed.. so that the way an adornment levels is part of your selection process for the adorn. Too bad it's broken.
  16. Kander Developer

We have adjustments coming for green adornments very soon. Also some other cosmetic changes to make them cooler, and easier to understand and see progression.

Sadly we wont be able to get most of these changes in until early January. But changes are coming.
  17. Kwikdeath Active Member

Thanks Kander. At least we know they are coming. I would have likely spent 50 hours or so mindlessly grinding out the green adorns over Christmas, and nice to know we can just wait now and hope they get changed to something more reasonable. (Well, less xp to level a green adorn than it takes to go from 1-95 I hope at least)

Really they aren't too bad to see where they are at and what it takes to level them (and what they will be at max), just the actual process itself of leveling is so slow.
  18. Crychtonn Active Member

I got the Zenith of Trickery a week ago. It levels up as I do "damage to others". Checking total damage out off ACT it takes doing 500,000,000 damage to gain 1% at level one. Pretty absurd numbers and if each level requires more . . . .

Somehow I get the feeling that the ones they tried to tailor to specific things like doing damage, casting CA's, taking damage all got coded with the decimal place in the wrong spot.
  19. Arieste Well-Known Member

Thanks for finally a response on this.

Are we going to see any green adorns that are "more interesting" than just additional blue stats? Like ones with abilities that grow more powerful, etc.?

if you're taking requests, i'd like one that ONLY levels off killing dragons and does something cool :)
  20. Malleria Well-Known Member

I suspect it's more that the descriptions are poorly worded. I'm using one that "will grow in power as you use combat arts". But there is no actual link between the number of combat arts used and the amount of exp gained. It's rather a flat amount for a mob kill in which one or more combat arts were cast.

So in your case I doubt it's actually the amount of damage you inflict that determines the amount of exp gain, but rather the number of mobs that die after having sustained any amount of damage from you. So the trick will be to mass slaughter mobs, rather than trying to maximize your damage on a single target.