Green Adorn Levels to Max in 5 years of Raiding

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Neon, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Crychtonn Active Member

Your combat arts adornment does go off your combat arts used. A guy in my guild worked it out how many you needed to cast per percentage point. I don't remember the exact numbers now but he also figured out the number increases each level. At low level I think it was around 200 CA's cast per point and at level 4 or 5 it was taking 600 CA's per percentage point.

The CA adornment does level faster then the out going damage adornment at least. I got it a week after the damage one at it already bypassed it in under three days.
  2. Cisteros Active Member

Sadly the one that levels off combat arts is only giving credit for blue AoEs to the mobn targeted. Running around the blob room in solo Temple instance, 12 mobs die in 3 AoEs but I am lucky to get 2 exp messages for the adorn that levels using CAs, while I get 12 for the one that levels off adventure exp
  3. Arieste Well-Known Member

'

Perhaps that was an error in my testing the. I spent about 5 minutes casting hostile spells non-stop (for "levels as you cast hostile spells") during my testing and when i didn't see any updates, I assumed it was bugged. I tested first on a dummy and then on a live specimen. But i certainly didn't get up to 500 spells in this short time. Seems highly excessive, but I will try again tonight and make sure that i DO cast 500 of them.
  4. slippery Well-Known Member

I doubt his testing was anything resembling real testing. I'd pretty much guarantee if you go hit a bunch of solo mobs with 1 CA each and then kill them with auto attack or have someone else kill them you get a percentage a point a lot faster then 200 CA's.

If they did in fact really work by triggering the condition and not a set amount on a per mob basis (which might be slightly modified by how the mob cons) raid tanks would have no trouble leveling the on damage taken adorn, which is not the case at all.
    endertank likes this.
  5. Arieste Well-Known Member

My testing made me come to this same conclusion. That instead of "This adornment grows in power as you cast hostile spells", it actually "grows in power as you kill creatures that you had cast a hostile spell on".

Would really love to know if this is intended or not. That is - is the bug with the way the adorns level or just with developers being illiterate in writing descriptions?
  6. Sansaar New Member

Push! Can u tell us some News, Kander?

Greetings Sans
  7. Encori Active Member

I have long been thinking that it stores the data on your skill up events on the mob, and you get the adornment xp when the mob dies (similar to beastlord warder affinity). It's easy to see that they only give the message when the mob dies, and then only if you also fulfilled their condition (use a combat art, for example - it's easy to kill solo mobs without doing that).

The adornments that gain power as you gain experience can get a lot more experience if you do stuff that gets more experience, but the ones which level as you "do stuff" are not scaled to anything reasonably human, in my opinion, with one exception.

Kill ethernere creatures - levels very fast
    Gain experience - can level at a reasonable pace if you do a lot of groups that get decent xp (run zones, powerlevel people, grind SS/ST contested)
    use combat arts - very slow
    heal others - extremely slow
    take damage - will not reach level 2 until after next expansion for most, although our main tank is getting close to level 2
    deal damage - I have never had one of these so I do not know.
  8. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Too bad the green adorns that level 'with adventure XP' don't get any xp from DM runs.
    Guiscard likes this.
  9. Neon New Member

I did want to report that I am at 79% of a level on my Green adorn.

I will be throwing a party when I hit level 1!

That is mostly grouping heroic content leveling, so at this rate a year of heavy grouping (since I made this post a month ago) I would get a to max level (unless that last levels take longer). Heaven forbid I play other characters, as of course I have a couple to choose from.

I still see the same increase in raids, and if you just raided, your raid Green adornment would STILL TAKE FOREVER to level in a raid setting, which is just silly.
    Kraeref likes this.
  10. Raenius Well-Known Member

I equipped those at the same time and kept grinding contested SS for fun, and I got this progress:

- Will of the shiverback king - lvl 2 + 0%
    - Trinket of the Grim Virtuoso - lvl 4 + 78%
    - Idol of eternal analysis - lvl 5 + 60%

And yes, I got hit lots while in reckless all the time.

Green adorns should just gain lvl while gaining adv. exp, and a bonus when you get hit by the appropriate 2nd effect, e.g. on melee hits etc.

Edit: about 8hrs grind so far ~
  11. Permafrost.Werena New Member

Did some testing today... happened upon the mammoths in Eastern Wastes..

Here's part of the problem:

[IMG]

The Zenith of Trickery gets an XP point whenever you damage a mob... but only once per encounter. The orb and crystallized essence get it whenever you'd ping some xp points.. which is once per mob, plus once for the encounter.

Could this possibly be fixed? Hopefully?
  12. Crychtonn Active Member

Zenith of Trickery takes approximately half a billion damage per percentage point. This is off watching it multiple PoW trash / named clears. Checked again yesterday on off day trash clearing. Per ACT I'd done 2.5 billion damage and I'd gained a whopping 5%.

I'm about ready to give up on the thing and stick in one of the ones that you can get to level 10.
  13. Koleg Active Member

Raid tanking thru two zones in two hours has added a whopping 1% to my Will of the Shiver back ... 1% per raid means 901 raiding nights to get to level 10, and at 4 nights per week thats 255 weeks or 4.3333~ years to get level 10 on that Greenie. I've equip'ed and re-equip'ed this rune so many times is crazy. On a side, I was able to use the new Green Adornment remover (100p) which worked flaawlessly and I'll be banking this adornment until it's fixed or I get low on bank space.

I have little to no confidence it will ever be fixed.
  14. Crychtonn Active Member

Koleg it'd be more like 6-10 years if it works like the CA adornments. And by that I mean as it levels it requires more and more CA's cast.
  15. Shanak Member

Will of the shiverback king definately needs some more fixes. I am sure it is the slowest leveling adorn in the game, by far. Even by knocking yourself out grinding this thing it'll still take at least a year to level. Grit of the shiverback king probably has the same problems, but I never even tried it because Will is so bad. The most problematic thing about this adorn is that warded damage is not counted towards spirit stone exp. You can group for hours doing instances and only get 1% exp if you bring a shaman in group. Maybe it can be changed to count warded damage, or maybe changed so that it doesn't depend on how much damage you take, and instead just records that you take damage, and then gives a set amount of exp when the encounter is killed (like the quest reward adorns giving a set amount when you kill an ethernere creature).
  16. Estred Well-Known Member

I have Will of the Shiverback king... 2 months to gain 1 level. My Orb of Crippling Fear is leveling faster because as a Guardian 95% of my skills are CA's, I fear this one will slow down. My Nexus of the Bastion is still lvl 2 these are arduously slow to level. I think they should take longer the closer to Lvl 10 they become, this current rate leaves me with weak adorns for very long spans of time. As they stand mine will ultimately reach lvl 10, in forever it seems.
    Kalderon likes this.
  17. Davngr Well-Known Member

if you mean to keep them as they are then you're going to have to give them a substantial boost. like make them the equivalent of wearing 4 rings and two necks fully adorned. because i can't think of any gear that took me 6 months of grinding to get, ever.
  18. Kalderon Well-Known Member

At least, its half way through january, was there any tweaking from SoE about this?
  19. Permafrost.Werena New Member

I don't think it has anything to do with the amount of damage you do... it seems to only give you one point of xp per encounter that you damage.. and if PoW trash comes in multiple encounters (never been there so i don't know) then you're going to get less xp than if you did multiple single mobs.
  20. Crychtonn Active Member

PoW is just the easiet example. I've tracked my total out going damage in other raid zones and on Avatar fights. It's been consistent in the total amount of damage (500,000,000) for each percentage point gained. If it was off mobs killed like you think I and a ton others would be here telling people that. Telling them to go do tons of instances or mass kill blue/green mobs in the Hole or other places. It doesn't work that way. Do some testing for yourself and you'll quickly see that.