Get Your Forum Badges!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, May 19, 2014.

1. Luperza Community Manager

Want to show the world just what type of player you are? Forum badges are the perfect way to do it. Just pick the badges you identify most with and add them to your profile. It’s as easy as that!

Other players will be able to see exactly what you’re into. We’re all here because we love to play SOE games, and now’s your chance to stand out and really personalize your profile.

Ready to add yours? Just click on your forum profile and head over to Preferences. Once there you will find Badges under the Settings section. Click the large green button that says Get My Badges and select the ones you want to add to your profile. Hit save and you’re all done!

What are you waiting for? Customize your forum profile today!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Katanallama Well-Known Member

Disappointed by the lack of bunny options :(

So these are pretty much what subscriptions / memberships we have attached to our forum e-mail?
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

Lol. Well I got my PS one. :D so I guess that's good.
    Luperza likes this.
  4. suka Well-Known Member

i don't play psn. all it offers me is that and the all access - even though i play eq2 and eq1. where do we get the multi game one?
    Brennin likes this.
  5. Lucus Well-Known Member

I think the current ones are the pilot ones just to see if it works or the other ones aren't ready yet.
  6. Caela Well-Known Member

That was underwhelming.

Also - I'm kinda offended that we have been BEGGING for more avatars for OVER A YEAR and we get nothing. Yet, we get these lame attempt at "forum badges" we didn't even ask for.

We don't need no stinkin' badges... (sorry, could not help myself ;) )

Please, for the love of all that is good in Norrath, give my female gnome an avatar!
  7. suka Well-Known Member

have to kind of agree with you. actually, although i understand the reason for it is to promote more gold players, i kind of feel funny rubbing the all access part into people's faces. like "look at me, i pay a sub". considering removing mine, if i can not sure i can. i would have like the multiplayer one, but the all access one seems wrong to me somehow.

edit: hmm- kk soe this is lame and sucks. why can't i opt to remove a badge that feels offensive to me?
    Xillean, Feldon, Rynda and 2 others like this.
  8. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

More avatars would be a fantastic thing. I don't mind the badges, but I'd really like a better avatar.

So, if you're finding my PSN acct based on my SOE acct info, does that mean at some point you might connect the two accts? And perhaps all access will someday include PS+?
    Kurisutaru and Feldon like this.
  9. Sambril Well-Known Member

Exactly. I have no need to advertise that I pay a sub. The only other offering, PSN Player (which is odd 'cause I'm not), has a checkbox beside it so presumably I could turn it on and off. What I really would like is custom avatars, or a least a much wider selection.
    Feldon, Cynara, Avahlynn and 5 others like this.
  10. suka Well-Known Member

it found psn on my account and i don't even play it, never played it, and don't have an account there. somehow i think finding it on accounts that don't have it is a bug
  11. VeilShard Active Member

ok that was slightly underwhelming, I almost thought that said avatars when i first read it, wishful thinking on my part!
    Feldon, Wirewhisker, Avahlynn and 3 others like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I agree in that I think it's a trial thing, so hopefully we'll get badges for the individual games we actually play and will be able to substitute those for the allaccess thing...which doesn't really bother me, but I would prefer something that speaks to my actual games, and where folks could find me (basically EQ2, with Beta Landmark). ;->

And the old avatars we could choose from like in the first forum days would be great; either that, or what's the actual size of the picture, 50x50 pixels? Let us know and we'll slap our own art in there, perhaps a screenshot, and the art department won't have to pull any overtime for it! :)

Uwk
    Xillean, Kurisutaru, Feldon and 3 others like this.
  13. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I got this psn thing - what is that about? I've never heard of it.
  14. Ahupu Well-Known Member

15. Eggfu Member

hmm. do we need to do more stuff to be able to have more options? if so, what are said stuff? :confused:
    Feldon and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. suka Well-Known Member

playstation
  17. Meadbh Member

a smaller allaccess button would be nicer!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Feara like this.
  18. Layla Littlenymph Member

Badge(s)?
    Usually the plural form of a word is reserved for when you wish to denote more than one. Like most here, I admit to being a little underwhelmed, for three reasons. First, you would have been better served to have waited until you had a larger offering. Second, once again, you took a customer request/suggestion (avatars), and delivered close to, but other than what was actually wanted. Third, the one badge offered does not actually fit the definition of a badge.

When most people hear the term "forum badges" they think of something that can be earned. The definition of a badge after all is the visual indication of a reward. The All-Access Badge can not really be earned in any manner, it is simply bought. I would happily affix a badge to my forum account that displayed some form of achievement that I had earned, but the All-Access Badge amounts to little more than my consent to allow you to use my avatar space to advertise the All-Access plan.

I have to admit that it is at least better than the Landmark forum where the badges not only reflect that you are a paid participant, but also indicate to what level (how much) you paid. Then again, there is only one level to All-Access; Otherwise, I imagine we would have seen the same thing here. I did indeed go All-Access earlier this month, but since you were kind enough to allow me the choice, I shall choose to leave my avatar space as is.

This is not to say that I am not interested in a badge system in general. I am simply not interested in the many choices you currently offer. Should you expand the selections offered, I am sure you will let us know, and I will be happy to take a look at any future options you may add in.
  19. Layla Littlenymph Member

Oh... nice.
    I went to the profile page to see my options, did not like what I saw, backed out of it without saving, got tagged with it anyhow, and do not see any way to remove it.
    I guess it's not really an option after all, is it?
  20. Sambril Well-Known Member

Yup, as soon as you click the Get My Badges button you get stuck with the AllAccess (if you qualify) and can't do anything about it :(
    Feldon and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.