Get Your Forum Badges!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, May 19, 2014.

1. suka Well-Known Member

i still don't like the all access one and i think i should be able to turn that one off or make it smaller. to me, that is not a badge, it is a label that i am tagged with against my will as a punishment for being a gold account. and it quickly divides the haves and have nots in the forums. what's next? having to run around the game with "all-access" tagged beneath my guild name in my title?
  2. suka Well-Known Member

i wouldn't say they aren't worth paying for. this stuff is only the gravy or the icing on the cake. the real cake is just as tasty as ever. we are paying for the stuff we get with the gold status in each game- like j5 mercs in eq1 and master spells in eq2. these items are only a couple of the benefits we get from the game. if avatars and badges were the basics of the game itself, then no, not worth it. but they aren't even part of the game. they are part of the forum.

the game has way more to offer than avatars and badges. Having been a paying customer for many years on both games and having more than one account gold, i would say yes- i would do it all again- just maybe a bit sooner next time. this game is well worth the price and, i repeat, has nothing to do with the forum- which you DON'T pay for.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  3. Tedorikkthefirst Member

w00t!!
    Thank you Luperza!

Found my badges!

Thank you all for your dedication and excellent content. All of you.
    Feara likes this.
  4. Tedorikkthefirst Member

I have to say (this really isn't like me, not any more) that I've never seen people complain so much.

I do not do forums.
    In fact the only reason I'm logged to this one is because my wife and I decided to Settle in closed beta for a time and are enjoying the possibilities there. I log to Landmark forums because it's step by step, but I'm just like it says over there, New Member even though I've been sony client since 2000 and have indeed done the allaccess since it was made available.

I think... a lot of the discontentedness is a result really of people not paying attention.
    Even if they do, it seems that this elusive *they, want what they want regardless of what exists.

For example:
    There are no 'gold' accounts any more, right ? Did I miss something?
    Like it or not Everyone is allaccess (unless they're doing the f2p deal I guess) so how the heck can you be promoting allaccess like it makes (they) you an advertising trinket when everyone around you has the same plan?

There are a lot of thank yous, and appreciation expressed... so thank You for that I suppose is the best way to go.

Please don't get me wrong. It's critical I think for customers to have the ability to speak what's on their minds.
    I'm an old fart by now and the customer is still always right.

It simply baffles me, how people complain (About Everything).
    Feara likes this.
  5. suka Well-Known Member

because some people are still f2p and if i went to the store with food stamps or to a doctor with medicaid, i would be offended if it were advertized to the world that i am not a paying customer. The reverse is also true. if i go in with the top insurance company in the world paying my doctor visit, i wouldn't want it announced to the world "oh look at her she has ...". In the economy of the real world we don't flaunt our financial status unless we are total boors. well, some rich people and stars do but that just labels them as "newly rich."

so if you are gold, then you are now all access. if you are f2p, you are nothing. not even silver. "bronze" no longer has recognition. While it is true i see great value in the game and will always pay for at least 3 of my several accounts, there are people who are f2p and by labeling those of us who are paying, you are drawing a line and making the "have-nots" stand out. That to me is unfair. If there were simply badges without the all-access tag it would be great. or if we could choose to advertize our status or could disable it if we didn't want to then that would be good.

but to draw a line between those who are and those who are not and then call public attention to it is what seems like an injustice to me. Whether or not you pay for the game should be between you and customer service - not you and the world.
    Xillean, Lodrelhai, Avahlynn and 2 others like this.
  6. Veinal Member

Actually it was said in the 5th reply to this post
    Caela likes this.
  7. Veinal Member

Anyone else notice that Luperza doesn't have any player badges? Just the employee badge.
    [IMG]
  8. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

very logical he is first and foremost the official voice of SOE on the forums
  9. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Actually you do announce it to anyone that is standing around you when you hand the cashiers or registration nurses the ID cards from your insurance company or from the state for rood stamps. Take a guess - am I f2p or a paid subscriber?
  10. Sambril Well-Known Member

Just because someone is not AllAccess does not mean that they have not paid anything - it just means he/she does not have a sub, has not used an SC card for game time or has not used a krono. He/she may very well have bought unlocks or items with SC and taken the a la carte option instead of paying per month. Also having the AllAccess tag does not mean that a player has paid any real money, he/she could have used a krono acquired with in-game plat.
  11. Rynda Active Member

I would appreciate having the "all access" entirely removed from these forums.

I don't see the point in distinguishing between paying customers and non paying players on these forums.

People come here looking for advise, having questions answered, solving issues, and voicing their opinions. Adding a "paying customer" versus "non paying customer" tag to each poster is at the risk that those who pay have more of a say, that their opinions are somehow valued more. I am not saying this is how it is, merely that there is a risk of it influencing the perceived validity of a statement posted here.

Furthermore I really find it a breach of customer privacy where SOE decides to disclose who subscribes and who doesn't pay.

I don't like it one bit.

Please remove my "all access" tag - since I'm not even given the option of doing so myself (unless of course I stop subbing, but I doubt the tag was intended to discourage people from subscribing...)
    suka and Avahlynn like this.
  12. Veinal Member

Roshen is his counterpart on the EQ1 forums and he has both the AllAccess and multiSOE game player badge. Not all GMs actually play.
  13. Zozzo New Member

I think it's silly that anyone could be up in a tizzy about the 'All Access' tag showing. A lot of games with f2p or sub options distinguish between paying customers and f2p with things like 'Membership' tags and whatnot on forums. Paying members are supporting the game financially, so a little recognition is in order. If you don't like the lack of some virtual badge, pay the sub. I can't think of any worthwhile player who would judge a forum poster based on something as insignificant as a forum tag in the first place, and if they did, that player's opinion probably isn't worth giving a second thought. An option to edit the shown tag would be welcome for some, I guess, if folks think that's a legitimate issue, but w.e. This drama over something so very insignificant is nonsensical (though I can understand some people's concern for privacy/security reasons)

I would like to think All Access, if anything, would at least allow paying members access to more avatar images or the ability to upload your own avatar. It's a small thing, but on that note, shouldn't be very difficult to implement. Heck, at least add images for male & female versions of each race, deity emblems, etc, if we can't upload our own. I was underwhelmed that the only badge available was a PSN tag. :(
    Geroblue likes this.
  14. Feara Well-Known Member

It is more than just silly.

Its one thing to state ones opinion but I have to say I do get tired of the ones that go on and on and on and on and on....

Sometimes I think there should be a player post limit on each and every thread.
    Mystyrys and Geroblue like this.
  15. Feys Member

" I can't think of any worthwhile player who would judge a forum poster based on something as insignificant as a forum tag in the first place, and if they did, that player's opinion probably isn't worth giving a second thought. "

In my experience, forum tags are the first thing many people look at. "Your opinion is unimportant because you only signed up x years ago" is such a common sentiment, I am sure that "your opinion is unimportant because you don't even pay" would quickly become a common expression.
    Avahlynn, suka and Rynda like this.
  16. suka Well-Known Member

no it comes down to privacy and the privacy laws in this country is very explicit. If i choose to let the world know i am a paying customer, that should be my business. but if i choose not to, then my privacy should be upheld. you don't see them putting a tag on people saying "i don't pay" - that's because they don't have to. the lack of a tag says it all.
    Rynda and Avahlynn like this.
  17. suka Well-Known Member

we respond repeatedly, not to repeat ourselves, but to answer new things that come up. and that should be our right.
    Layla Littlenymph and Rynda like this.
  18. Zozzo New Member

Right, I mentioned understanding that reasoning 100%.
    suka likes this.
  19. Tedorikkthefirst Member

"Me thinks thou dost protest too much."

Honestly I kinda admire anyone that's f2p strickly and possesses an ability I don't have. To enjoy all that's at their finger tips for free right... and not sweating what's not a part of the f2p environment. Me? I'd go nuts, but the point here is I don't think these gamers would appreciate being labeled "nothing".

IMHO it's simply about perspective. Specifically what one *sees when the read the black & blue, italic ...allaccess.

Haves and have nots ?
    Privacy ?
    Does some body need a hug?

I see VALUE. I see "AwEsoMenesS !!! I can for one really kewl price enjoin and play all these games "
    I see variety, genre, Heros, w00t ! Character Creation screens! YaY !
    I see Opportunity... to enjoy myself in a multitude of environments for a terrifically affordable price.
    That's all.

Ya know what... and I'm glad to have a badge that might encourage a viewer to see what I see.

I guess I 'choose' to see these things. I prefer to see the doughnut, not the hole.

Nuff's enough.

Oh yeah, and I'd dig on the ability to upload my own avatar image... that'd rAWk.
  20. Veinal Member

All the badges should be optional. Give us a checkbox to choose what to display or not to display. And add a Nunya(business) badge. hehe.
    Rhodris likes this.