Get Your Forum Badges!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, May 19, 2014.

1. Xillean Well-Known Member

Thank you for that and once again im very sorry if I came across rude, wasn't my intent, I have a lot of respect for you and what you have been doing for our community since you got here :)
    Luperza likes this.
  2. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Yes. This. Exactly.

It's responses like the one posted from Luperza (not taking aim at you, Luperza, just trying to keep it clear) that make me want to wear anything 'SOE" even less. Constructively speaking, slapping a tattoo of your company's logo on the forehead of everyone that goes window shopping there, isn't earning you anything but their ire. I would really appreciate the powers that be reexamining this point, and making any and all badges opt-in and opt-out.
    Afista likes this.
  3. Luperza Community Manager

I know it's something we've discussed. I'll bring it up again to see if it's something we can do in the nearer future or not.
    Caela and Sambril like this.
  4. Caela Well-Known Member

Thank you for answering me! I really sincerely appreciate it. Avatars are a hot button of mine - and getting forum badges instead of avatars hurt.

And Luperza, I think you are a terrific community manager - you've done a great job and I appreciate your hard work! I've noticed that you (I think it's you) have been posting on Facebook to engage the community more and I'm sorry it's met with snark and hostility at times.
    Afista, Xillean and Luperza like this.
  5. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I dont see a "Prefrences" option . . . . .can I get some sort of LINK??
  6. Caela Well-Known Member

7. Maltaros Active Member

Wow!! Luperza has told the folks who did this that people want the option to remove badges and they basically said "screw the customers". I have been in your place, Luperza, and my sympathies go out to you. Tough to properly represent a business when the egos of the devs trump the desires of the customers. It also shows us why we have had so many ill conceived and poorly implemented "features". The person who is supposed to represent us (In this case Luperza) is doing her job quite well but if the folks who do the work don't want to deal with how bad they are screwing this game up they will just tell her "No". Then she has the unenviable task of coming back and finding a sweet way of telling us that the various teams who build the game, the website, etc., don't give a darn about us lowly players. (Look at the crap that has been implemented and tell me this isn't so - badges, HK Guild Hall, Dungeon Finder, the level 90 to 92 grind, etc.)
  8. Feara Well-Known Member

Wow! I'm sorry but I'm keeping mine.
    Avianna likes this.
  9. Mae- Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure you can use AdBlock to remove the badge if you don't want to see it.
  10. Streppoch Member

OH DUH.

Thank you. I didn't realise that was a button. Brain is jello.
  11. Avianna Well-Known Member

Yeah, I like the idea that I can brag a bit that I have a sub. I think we should have more badges too.

1.) one that would be earned by having continual service without interruption since launch. meaning never having your account F2P for even a month since launch.
    2.) one for beta testers
    3.) one for founders
    etc...

Also I think they should all be opt in/out
    Rhodris and Geroblue like this.