Get Your Forum Badges!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, May 19, 2014.

1. kezraela Member

Well, really the lack of badge could mean someone hasn't personalized their profile yet, so there is that...
  2. suka Well-Known Member

that's true too, but i would still like the option to be able to remove anything under my name including all-access. we should have to choose between a tag and whether or not we want to use the badges. I love the badges, it is an unremovable tag i have a problem with.
  3. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I have no issues with advertising the fact I'm a subscriber, in fact, I hope it does encourage more to subscribe. It's well worth the 14.99 a month (or less if you go for the other plans) in order to play all the games in their portfolio. I like supporting the games I play.

I do wonder about the playstation thing though as I've never played or own one.
  4. Maltaros Active Member

Honestly, I just can't believe they wasted resources on this. (I know - not the people who make the game, but still....) Yet another feature nobody wanted that was poorly implemented. I am not even bothering attaching one of these "badges" to my account because I really don't see the point.
  5. Streppoch Member

I'm just wondering what they're using to determine this for the badges--my account page at soe says I'm all-access, but the badge page says I'm not.
  6. Layla Littlenymph Member

That was mentioned earlier in the thread. Non-member is the default setting on every ones account page. If you click on the "get badges" tab on the account page, it will take you to another page where you can add the All-Access, PSN, and Multi-Gamer tags. BUT... Be Warned... The PSN, and Multi-Gamer tags can be added and removed by clicking in a check box. There is no option however to remove the All-Access tag once it has been added. In my case, the All-Access tag was added simply by visiting the "get badges" page.

"Paying members are supporting the game financially, so a little recognition is in order. If you don't like the lack of some virtual badge, pay the sub." ~~ Zozzo

True, but that has not been the primary complaint thus far. The most common complaint here has been that the All-Access tag is added (if qualified) when you visit the "get badges" page, regardless of whether or not you select it for display. Worse yet, once added, there is no option to remove it should you decide to do so.
    If you were to read back through the entire thread you would find that the majority complaint is not from F2P players. A large number of them are from All-Access members who do not wish to display the tag, and feel they should have some option in the matter.
    Rynda likes this.
  7. Ibethia Member

I agree the Allaccess badge really doesn't mean much more than "yea I pay per month" Now if they wanna give badges for say " I beta tested EQ1 back in 1998 and still play" or such I could go for that..lol.. means a person has stuck with certain games for x amount of time. Allaccess now means.. yea.. I pay each month to play.. but really.. how can you tell the long term player who has been thru hell and high water for the games we love or such.. and why should it matter? unless it concerns game dynamics where we as long term players have a broader picture when it comes to what has happened/ or what is to happen and our opinions on it.
    Personally I wont visit the badge page... I don't care if folks know I pay to play.. I would hope that all types of players feel that their opinion matters when it comes to game play matters or issues regardless if they pay or not...............If a person posts an issue and they don't show an "allaccess" badge" do you still take them serious?... I think you should.

PS.. I always have to snicker as below my name it says im a "new member" if new is since 98 I need some a that fountain of youth then hidin in the pantry !
  8. Streppoch Member

The issue is, though, that I don't even have the "all access" badge option on my page--I only have a PSN one. But when I log into my account at soe.com, it says my subscription level is all access. It actually says on the badge page "All Access Member: No". I'm just a tad confused.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

@Streppoch You have to click on the 'get my badges' button to show any of the others.
  10. Layla Littlenymph Member

Exactly. :cool:
    When you pull up that page Streppoch, look to the upper right and you should see a big green "Get My Badges" tab.
    Just click on that tab to bring up a second page which has all the badge options available. Select your choices from that page, hit the save tab, and you're done.
  11. Eshaac Active Member

Hmm why do I have this.. "PSN" what does it mean??

Eshaac
  12. Sambril Well-Known Member

PlayStation Network - I have it available also though I have never owned or used a PlayStation.
    Eshaac likes this.
  13. Eshaac Active Member

I thought that is what it was, but since I do not have PlayStation and never have, I thought na.. has to be something else....

Eshaac
  14. Luperza Community Manager

We can't track if you are part of the PlayStation Network via our Forum Accounts, so we gave it to everyone and each individual can choose to self-identify with them or not. :)
    Kurisutaru and Eshaac like this.
  15. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

So when are you going to give us the option to self-identify our subscription status or not?
  16. Vallaria Member

I don't mind the badges at all I just wish we had more, or ones that tied to what we do or have done in the game Like badges for the various achievements that we can get in various games, or badges for activities that we like, such as gathering or questing.

Feara likes this.
  17. Xillean Well-Known Member

How about you respond to the rest of the thread, specifically let us turn your frickin badges OFF. At least say you've seen us ask for this and have told the dev team or whoever is in charge of it. Sorry if that comes across rude, im not trying to be rude but I am being blunt and I am very unhappy I can not turn your badges off. Its not even a matter if I would or not, I and everyone else should have the choice of having them on or off.

Had you made it clear from the get go once selected your stuck with them I would have never done it.
    Avahlynn and Rhodris like this.
  18. Luperza Community Manager

We have no plans to do so as we can fully track this, unlike the PlayStation Network badge.

I've brought up the issue of players wanting to remove certain badges already, but they are pretty content with keeping them active once activated. I will forward along the above concern though. They should definitely make it clear that once activated, they are permanent if that is what they want to do.

------
    I'll let you all know if I hear anything further.
    Feara and Xillean like this.
  19. Sambril Well-Known Member

I don't want to shoot the messenger as I understand that you are doing your job, but I find this response from the PTB to be insulting - they are aware that some of us do not want the AllAccess badge but are content to ignore us?. ALL badges should be optional and should not be permanently attached to your forum account for simply clicking the page to see what badges are available.
    Afista and Avahlynn like this.
  20. Caela Well-Known Member

Can you ask them when we are getting new avatars? We were promised over a year ago that we would get new avatars - and then we were given the silent treatment.

Even if all you can say is "They aren't going to give you new avatars" - we just need to know *something*. And "We don't know" is not a valid answer without a reason they don't know when.
    Afista likes this.