Get Ready for 100 with Bonus XP Double Etymas, and the return of Ethereals & Artifacts!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Kraftie New Member

Antonius Bayle checking in.. Yep gone here too tks much.
  2. Arahad Member

Dozens of people on our server are also scanning to see if anyone has collected an Ultra Rare this morning. It seems as if the entire update might have been disabled, as none have been found at all this morning. Anyone out there found one this morning?
  3. Deeku Member

Rare drop chance has been nerfed also, yesterday 5000 harvest attempts brought 250 rares, today 500 has given 10. Not going to do more till fixed.
  4. Ratza Well-Known Member

I got one this morning
  5. Bashem Well-Known Member

So whats the word on when bonus time is officially. If they stopped it and the rares drops are back to normal it seems like there all done. Any chance they messed up turning bonus off which is what I am hoping for due to not realizing how short the time was I would have been working on getting more when it was up. o_O I was checking out beta for a day while had bonus thinking had plenty of time to do grind for etyma later this month. I was off for the summer last time we were getting bonus?
    How long did that one last? I know I could probably find info but figure ask here while I am posting.
  6. Nooloon Active Member

Developers need breaks as well. Still, I was disappointed that the bonus exp is gone. Probably just a typo at the end day. Either they meant it should end Oct 11, or they accidentally coded the end to Oct 11 instead of Nov 11.
  7. Bashem Well-Known Member

Me Good At Breaking Things! Where would they like them broken?

j/k :p
  8. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Whatever the problem was seems to have been fixed. Crushbone now showing server bonus of 25%. :)
  9. Altho Well-Known Member

Double Etyma still off on Crushbone,..
  10. Tawnia Member

I totally agree. I love the game and have been in the sony realm for many many years, but this is bs-that everyone appreciates this and that and gives so many kuddos just to kiss tail.
    We have been playing this expansion for a year, most who are even called "casual" and have been here as MEMBERS for the entirety have already maxxed gear, (before raid mentioning) and there has been nothing left to do. In most of my spare time I help a crap load of people and then go off to do low level quests because like others, there are not a lot of quests coming into this recent expansion and some of us are wondering if this is the way it's going to stay?
    Solo players who want to quest want quests.
    Will there be new far sea for tradeskillers etc? Let's get down to business and honor those who pay for a such a fabulous game, I DO give credit where it's due.
    So why are we so fortunate as members? f2p offers so much free to those players and now they are asking for TOV to be free too? Give me a break it's less than .50 cents a day, stop being cheap! What we are missing out on other than an overflow of currency we may or may not use i nthe future like already mentioned and more bonus xp we don't need for someone's 300th alternate toon?
  11. Filly67 Well-Known Member

A break from their job? From the fact that they messed up and no one has fixed it? I guess I'll try that on my boss sometime. Oh, wait I try very hard not to make mistakes and if I do I clean it up fast. Even on a weekend or night if need be.
  12. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Because we have new members all the time coming to eq2. Because not everyone has had a year at max level and because some guilds progress at a smell the roses pace. Because people might have some gear they would like to upgrade. Because a crafter might decide to level up to 95 now that the Vesspyr Isles doesn't crash on every zone in. Because not everyone has been here for a decade and wants to still enter AoM with some hope of being able to play from day one. Lots of reasons folks might benefit from this bonus period.

And if you are a bit bored or feeling directionless there is this cool thing called beta. I hear that is no easy jaunt in the park right now, so if you want a challenge I know they'd love to have a veteran player help there and give feedback.
    Loredena and Merriel like this.
  13. Morfydd Active Member

Actually they advertised that it would end November 10 (11/10 U.S. style, 10/11 European style - I suspect that is the source of the error).
  14. Tawnia Member

hm sounds like another lame excuse, as usual. I did mention those of us that are members and were here for the entirety of the xpac.
    Can't preach to the choir here, I have 4 people in the guild we run, been that way for years. Obviously NEW players or returning players need more time, welcome back-it's part of coming back or being new to work your way up to everyone else, I've been there, we all have. Beta offers what??? nothing worth the price of wasting time on it, to each is own. Part of the fun of playing an mmo is knowing it will never end, so give us something more-EVER-quest. Again -what do we benefit as vets or members who help fund?
  15. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Lame excuse as usual? I don't recall having posted to you before so I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume you are not insulting me personally with that comment. I gave valid reasons why this promotion could help people that play. Just because you don't benefit from it doesn't make it "lame".
    Merriel likes this.
  16. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Thank you all for reporting the issues with the Etymas. Everything should now be working properly with the promotion :)

Happy adventuring to everyone!
  17. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Um...it was fixed. Did you miss that? It was fixed before you posted.
  18. Daygar New Member

Well to say I am disappointed is an understatement. Unlike some, I have not been around for the entire length of this expansion and I don't have a truck load of toons that are fully geared. In actual fact, I took a break from the game and came back after ToV was 6 months old and at that stage I had one toon. I now have 8 and they are in need of etyma to gem out their gear ready for the expac, so for me, this promo was a benefit.

After putting in a petition and being told that because it was game wide they could not give me the etyma is down right disappointing. That's like advertising milk at buy a litre and get 2 litres for the same price, but we had a computer glitch that affected all our outlets so those who brought it during the glitch, bad luck!!! It's false advertising!!!!
  19. Filly67 Well-Known Member

Nope, didn't miss it or the fact that it was a hours and hours later. But I wasn't commenting on the devs work I was commenting on the poster stating that they deserved a break to and I disagreed with it in this context.
  20. Filly67 Well-Known Member

Sorry Daygar but according to other posters you are no longer allowed to complain about the situation since it has since been fixed. Apparently that suspends your right to have a voice.
    Daygar likes this.