Get Ready for 100 with Bonus XP Double Etymas, and the return of Ethereals & Artifacts!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Altar of Malice is just around the corner, so we’re helping you “Get Ready for 100.” Beginning Tuesday, October 7 at 12:00pm PDT and running through Monday, November 10 at 11:59pm PDT, we are offering players bonus experience, double Etyma, and a chance to obtain some awesome items in game! Here’s a break-down of what this promotion entails:

All-Access Members will receive a 25% Bonus to Adventure, Tradeskill, and AA Experience! Whether you need some more experience on your main character or want to level up your alt armies, we’re giving you a chance to earn some extra levels before Altar of Malice launches.

Everyone will receive double Tears of Veeshan Etyma! For free players, that means 2X the rewards. For All-Access Members, that means double-double Etyma (4Xs the rewards)! Players can use this currency for items on ToV merchants to help gear up for the upcoming expansion.

We are also bringing back the 2014 Summer Ethereals & Artifacts! These are powerful items that will have a chance to drop in Tears of Veeshan Missions. Check out how awesome some of these items are!

Altar of Malice launches November 25, 2014, but All-Access members have the chance to purchase and play the expansion two weeks early, starting on Tuesday, November 11, 2014! What are you doing to get ready for the expansion?
    Tariya, Mindsway, macatk and 2 others like this.
  2. Vinyard Active Member

I think you mean Friday the 10th :)
  3. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

No, Vinyard: November 10th is a Monday. This isn't a 3 day special: it's a 34 day special.
    Stealthmode, Tariya, suka and 3 others like this.
  4. quester770 Member

will AoM include all previous expansions, or at least tears of veeshan?
  5. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Hmmm,Thanks for the return of this SoE, but one unrelated question. Almost 4 PM PDT on the 6th of October and no announcement of tomorrow's patch. Has it been put off again?
  6. arturos Active Member

Noticing a difference in the twitter vs this post.. twitter says both weapons and jewelry will have a chance to drop.

This post reads just weapons and artifacts (which as we know only one can drop and i am pretty sure they already have)

Could we get some clarification on this please?
  7. Triplehelix New Member

Yea, seriously. Most Artifact versions have been disco'd on most of the servers already, which is like that feeling you get when you are running a race trying to win and see that someone has already finished... However if there were some exception to the 1-per-server artifact rule, especially with the new xpac gear likely to be more powerful than the artifacts (let alone non-artifact ethereals), well I think we all know how intensely some of us would be trying to get one, haha.

My fingers are crossed.
  8. Magic Missiles Active Member

Two Questions~

1) Double Etymas- does this imply we will still be using them as a currency or are they about to become as useful as Obols?

2) Is 12 pm noon or midnight?
  9. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

12 pm is noon (11:59 am is right before when clock turns to pm).
  10. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Thanks for the bonuses, Soe! Much appreciated!
    Awkk, Wirewhisker and santargria like this.
  11. santargria Well-Known Member

Yah, thanks a bunch - love having dbl days and more :)
    suka and Avahlynn like this.
  12. Bashem Well-Known Member

I love that this bonus stuff is kicking in but I hope I dont have to be expected to use facebook or twitter to be able to find all the news that going on with EQ2. I prefer to get all the info about game events here from the news and forums sections.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  13. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Both Ethereals & Artifacts (Weapons & Jewelry) will have a chance to drop.
    Malleria likes this.
  14. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

That's why the announcement is here! The links on the social media sites just bring you to the forums :)
    Kittybock, suka and Feldon like this.
  15. Rondo9 Active Member

Be nice is free-to-play could have access to TOV before the expansion
  16. Veeman Active Member

Just a question, why is this a good thing? Will etymas be used for gear in the next expansion? Will the Ethereals and Artifacts scale up to the new level 100 gear? If the answer is no to both, don't see this as being much of a big deal if all are unused or replaceable by quested gear in a month. Do appreciate the experience boost though, have a couple of toons that aren't 95 yet and want them to be ineligible for the Agnostic Dungeons.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  17. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I'd imagine many people haven't gotten the ToV mount or they might want to spend etyma on the new ToV merchant to upgrade their current gear?
  18. fiyy Member

But, Artifacts are not just jewelry, they are special one time only item types that we could have gotten the first round. The only way we could get artifacts would be if they haven't been discovered on a given server right?
  19. arturos Active Member

thank you for the clarification so we get another shot at the cool artifacts!!! awsome thought there could be only one per server but im cool with getting a shot at another one.
  20. Flipouille Member

Not really. On Perma I think only one or 2 artifacts weapons were disco'ed, and I ran it a lot. So yeah, still drooling...