Fountain of Life - eat's eyes yet requires them for access

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Ishbu, Oct 24, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Naggybait Guest

Once you start spending 60+ hours to camp the eyes and then have a zone crash on you after you got very little time in there, I think you will change your tune on it being a good idea. Then the next time you have to spend 60+ hours and then the next, well...
  2. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

i still like the idea of making you get the eyes every time but making it give you a flag so you can keep zoning in until you finish the zone off. that is the biggest frustration right now it seems having only 10 tries at something then having to do more farming for eyes just for another 10 tries at it or maybe not even getting your 10 tries if zone crashes or whatever.
  3. ARCHIVED-Cuva Guest

So yeah since we almost had our second set of eyes complete we decided to give the zone a shot. Woot was awesome going in, getting an update on wrapping it all up.. then the first mob: captain yada yada.. has anyone beaten this guy (the first real obstacle)?.. first pull we did fairly well, then 3 adds popped who each had a 2k fire AE. Second pull.. we were ready for the adds, so they come, we whack them and immediately when they go down 6 new adds spawn, same AE. Tried a bit of mezzing, rooting, traps.. nothing seemed to work. And oh yeah, another funny thing the main guy oneshotted our main tank on the pull one time (he had 7k mit, nearly 10k health and had all wards on him).
    All that on the first encounter in the zone. I'm sure we could have beaten it with a couple of more tries playing with things but yeah it's really frustrating cause we were in there for a couple of hours and people had to log, and knowing we just used all the eyes we farmed for.. Don't know.. I loved the zone, love the quests that lead to there etc, but hours of farming to only get to the first court and wipe over and over to the first real mob sucks :p
  4. ARCHIVED-reaper98 Guest

Nope.. that's the first encounter.. that means they haven't fixed him yet.
    I'm going to wait for the NPC fixes to go live before I make any comments...
  5. ARCHIVED-Kraks_Aforty Guest

We got him to just below 40 last night....he's definitely beatable.

I honestly hope they don't change him much. I love the challenge.
  6. ARCHIVED-Naggybait Guest

Yep, gotta love 60+ hours of farming eyes, just to go in and run into issues and never get to spend much time actually getting anywhere. 60+ hours each time to go in and beta test the zone, as you know it's not finihsed yet because no one has been far enough to test all the super mobs, etc. and figuring out strategies for them. By the time you figure out the strtegy to just the first mob, everyone has to leave for repairs.
  7. ARCHIVED-Renaven Guest

I personally hope they do NOT reduce the difficulty of the first encounter. It was a very exhilerating fight to have beaten.
  8. ARCHIVED-Findarato Guest

Hell any one can beat a mob with TM.

GG on gloating about beating mobs with a bugged spell. now when you realy try and kill orange mobs and relize they aoe for 5k from all 5 adds post again.
    Message Edited by Findarato on 11-08-2005 02:42 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-TooSwiss Guest

Don't get me wrong Finderato, I'm not trying to gloat or anything, the point I was making is these mobs aren't dropping the loot equal to their challenge, Graul Ana[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]e didn't drop a chest, D'Morte dropped wood with some piece of crap in it. Believe me, the mob is killable, we got it to 4% the last time we went in there, just needed to focus a little more and he will go down. These encounters don't need to be nerfed into oblivion, though I do think they need to be toned back a little as I'm sure only a handful of guilds are capable of taking him down at this time. I'm just trying to let the devs know what is going on so they can help fix this mess of a raiding scene.
  10. ARCHIVED-Renaven Guest

We can beat him without TM, but thanks for stopping by and being a turd as always Findarato. Have fun being on probation in Malice. Please stop trying to derail the topic at hand.
  11. ARCHIVED-Renaven Guest

Without TM he is definitely a beast, I'm not denying that. One of the hardest mobs in the game. But I don't feel he needs to be changed much.
  12. ARCHIVED-Crychtonn Guest

Couple idea's that could make this type of instance more fun. Number one, add repair kits or some type of mender inside. Have it cost 3-5 times more then normal repair so it's less likely to be abused. Secondly, use a flag system to allow entry for a set period of time (3-4 days maybe). Have it set so that if boss mobs have been killed they will not be there the next day. If people had a period of time for reentry like this I don't think having to farm the eye's would be seen as bad as it is now where a zone crash can completly waste that effort.
  13. ARCHIVED-Findarato Guest

Seems like old times huh ren, 20 pages of malice v paragon.

Probation? how are we on probation? or is it just me some how being on "probation"

My post was just in responce to you saying its "exhilerating" to beat a mob using 3 30K+ procs, I agree its beatable with out TM, and it is a Very hard mob. The end game content is all very hard, and thats good, (now on topic) but forcing people to farm to do content each weak is just a un needed time sink.
  14. ARCHIVED-Renaven Guest

Yep, what Skizz said. Definitely beatable -- not trying to gloat or anything. He is extremely tough however.
  15. ARCHIVED-ChaosUndivided Guest

Regardless of Who Killed what how, yes it is a very difficult encounter, and no Don't make it easier. It is DEFINITELY doable without TM.

That totally sucks skizz that he didn't drop a chest, come on though it's risk vs reward, remember? /sarcasm:smileysad:
  16. ARCHIVED-ChaosUndivided Guest

Also, I agree with skizz on the difficulty sure it is hard, and sure it's is doable. The question SOE needs to ask themselves is do they really want to make these encounters so hard, that only a dozen or so guilds WORLDWIDE can even beat them?

Personally I could care less, but I am waiting for the more casual raiding guilds to catch up and flood these forums with "impossible" and then when we say "doable" they call us names and we reply and the hate for high end guilds begins again just because SOE made their content way too tough.
  17. ARCHIVED-Renaven Guest

Find, you don't know what we have or have not beaten without TM -- that is my point. :)

Even when TM was in the game and bugged, we did not enjoy "abusing" it, because most of our members thought it was lame. Eventually, we stopped using it all together, even before it was fixed.

Sorry about anything that seemed like an attack, I'm just saying he is very beatable without TM, and we've gotten him to less than 4% and only died because of lack of dps -- there's no need to change the encounter imo.
  18. ARCHIVED-Renaven Guest

And yeah, I will quit the game before I'm forced to farm those boring eyes day in and day out. 90% of this game is NOT fun.
  19. ARCHIVED-Kraks_Aforty Guest

We went in for our first time the other day lacking 1 of the right class from killing Captain. Got him down to just below 40% with what we had, though.

He's tough, but a definite blast to fight. Farming eyes is killing my guild, though. We're about to do Siyamak and Barakah (Scales permitting), but that won't fill up our raid week. I can't keep taking us down there night after night. Something must change soon.

Back on the subject of the Captain.....please, don't change him one bit. He's a blast. No changing Dinree either. We beat him and he was nearly as tough. :)
  20. ARCHIVED-Cuva Guest

Oh yeah, I'm all for challenging encounters, it just sucks to have to farm for hours and hours to only get a shot at the first encounter in a zone (and have to farm again if you fail :p). Sure the loot is better now but people are getting a little tired of spending so much time in that area :p But yeah 2nd set complete, well on our way to a 3rd set, so we should be visiting the gnoll again sometime soon :)