Fountain of Life - eat's eyes yet requires them for access

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Ishbu, Oct 24, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Gaellen Guest

GIVE US BACK OUR EYES YOU DIRTY THIEVING ...

Yeah. Since a guild out there DID get their eyes back when the zone crashed, please pass out notes to the CSR team to help the rest of us. This is getting silly and now we're being told that the person who DID help was wrong. No, I really don't think so. Wise the hell up and FIX this or give us back the eyes we farmed for weeks to even get inside.

Since DOF came out my guild has lost over half its members. It's crap like THIS that makes the rest of us think they might have been right.
  2. ARCHIVED-reaper98 Guest

ok.. well I hate to add fuel to the fire.. but here..
    1. Maj'Dul: [46]Damisel in Distress
    2. Maj'Dul: [46]Trap Snapping
    3. Maj'Dul: [47]My Service for an Idol
    4. Maj'Dul: [47]The Bones in the Box
    5. Maj'Dul: [47]The Tale of Dalgin B'Dynn
    6. Maj'Dul: [49]:Welcome to the Peacock Club
    7. Maj'Dul: [49]:A Thief in the House of Blades
    8. Maj'Dul: [49]:A Thief in the House of Coin
    9. Maj'Dul: [49]:A Thief in the House of Truth
    10. Maj'Dul: [50]: Down to the Last Peacock
    11. Maj'Dul: [50]:Secrets of a Used Skull
    12. Maj'Dul: [51]:A Final Note
    13. Maj'Dul: [51]: Delving into the Darkness
    14. The Living Tombs: [52]I Seek Knowledge
    15. The Living Tombs: [52]Auxillary Service
    16. The Living Tombs: [53]A Slippery Situation
    17. The Living Tombs: [54]A Frightful Feast
    18. Miscellaneous: [54]Finding My Way
    19. The Living Tombs: [55]Tracing the Map
    20. The Living Tombs: [55]Undead Censership
    21. The Living Tombs: [54]The Secret of Du'Mutef
    22. The Living Tombs: [54]The Secret of Hak'Pyz
    23. The Living Tombs: [54]The Secret of Im'Sekt
    24. The Living Tombs: [54]The Secret of Qey'Nuf
    25. Miscellaneous: [56]From Hands to Stone
    26. The Living Tombs: [56]Searching for the SIlent City
    27. SIlent City: [56] Confirming the RIght Track
    28. SIlent City: [56] The Seal of the Sea
    29. SIlent City: [57] An Offering and Peace
    30. SIlent City: [58] Punja's Progression
    31. SIlent City: [58] Time for A Garden Party
    32. Silent City: [60] Wrapping it All Up (Epic)
    Do the Dev's even relize the time you made us invest into this quest?!?
    24x people doing 32 quests.. and spending 2x weeks just farming eyes..
    to be locked out for appox 6x days.. only to find out we need to farm them again.
    and then were told.. guess what.. it's an experment. GG..
    I wonder why people are pissed...
  3. ARCHIVED-Blackguard Guest

I'll clarify this a little bit more...

The experiment wasn't the original method of acquiring access to the Fountain of Life. The experiment is removing the lockout timer in favor of requiring only the harvesting of eyes. If you would prefer for us to spend a few weeks testing this new method internally before going live with it, we can, but you will have to deal with the current method for longer.

Also, we aren't just making the eyes more likely to drop on named creatures--we plan on adding eyes to other creatures so it is considerably easier to get the eyes. The goal isn't to make it tedious to gain access to the Fountain of Life, but fun and more in the hands of the player (rather than the artificial restriction of a lockout timer).
  4. ARCHIVED-ProphecyCT Guest

I wouldn't mind the "testing" part of it, but you guys couldn't even provide us with a proper environment to test it. Farming 60 hours, paying plats in repair costs, fighting bugged encounters, then to find that you guys are just now establishing the "testing" phase by variety of mobs that drop the eyes so we can spend another 60 hours figuring out which ones drop what. /thumb SoE Way to go Sony! You did a great job! Not only did you screw the people who did the quest first, but you are now making this whole Fountain of Life access even more complex with even less risk vs reward. Thanks for letting us test your testing of probably more testing. Fountain of Life = Beta test of a beta test, of a beta test, and maybe more beta testing.
  5. ARCHIVED-Magank Guest

Blackguard you clarified nothing. We already wasted weeks camping this crap, so dont act like your ignoring this matter would make it worse. What kind of a person threatens their customer with that? I find it pretty remarkable. How is that an experiment? THERE IS A LOCKOUT TIMER. Stop sayin it was an experiment bc it was not. You screwed up and now you are in full gear tryin to act like its intentional. Dont add these eyes to other creatures PLEASE DONT PLEASE DONT. By doing that you are tossin in that element of randomn stupid luck that has everyone on these forums so pissed off in the first place. Stop what you are doing....read carefully what we are saying and suggesting. Dont suggest anything on your own again please, your ideas thus far have been bad. Take what we are sayin in regards to this and put that into your plan....any element of randomness will turn this dungeon into a ghost zone....empty 100% of the time.

Magank Matank

I meant toI clarify that it wasn't an experiment... the upcoming changes, however, are. - Blackguard
    Message Edited by Blackguard on 10-25-2005 04:14 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-Dasein Guest

And the goal here was to experiment..... hey am I on the EQ2 payroll? no, why are you testing on paying customers, but not even have a the slightest clue how to even test it. You claim that you are testing new means of entering zones, but you guys were not even remotely close to your claims. Each and every innovation is a test, and in essence, MMOs are perpetual test beds for new technologies, new design concepts and new playstyles. If you find the idea of paying to test new ideas and new technologies distasteful, stick to non-MMO games.
  7. ARCHIVED-ProphecyCT Guest

There's a fine line between testing new ideas, and testing game breaking bugs.

You say "MMOs are perpetual test beds for new technologies, new design concepts and new playstyles. If you find the idea of paying to test new ideas and new technologies distasteful, stick to non-MMO games."

I say:Everquest 2 are perpetual test beds for new exploits, new 60k nukes, new encounters that reset every 2 minutes, new instance crashing, and new spells that are people laugh when you actually cast them. If you find the idea of paying to test new new exploits and new instance crashes distasteful, stick to this MMO game.
  8. ARCHIVED-TunaBoo Guest

You sure you need peacock and all those done? All we did was the temple of life access in silent city.. then it seems we just need named to get in...

In any case, silent city is a neat thing. The ONLY contested raid zone in the game.. I think its a cool concept... cept the no loot part.
  9. ARCHIVED-Naggybait Guest

Blackguard, just fix it so that using the eyes gives us a flag that gives us access to the zone from then on and place your lockout timers on it. I would MUCH rather have lockout timers that waste my time farming eyes everytime I wanted to go into a zone.

If you think it's fun for players to sit and farm eyes all day long just to go into a zone and get kicked because of a server or zone crash is fun, then you are surely out of touch with the playerbase.

Getting the eyes to begin with was no problem. It was a challenge but we accepted it as what we thought would be reward for getting flagged for the zone.

No, we won't deal with the current method for longer as people will just simply not mess with the zone at all. Isthat what you want? Us to just say the heck with a zone you all spent a lot of time and effort on?

Just stop experimenting and set a flag once we place the eyes and be done with it and give us a 6,8 or even 12 day lockout. It's worth the lockout to not have to deal with such crap as farming eyes all day to get entrance to a zone we may spend a few hours in.

What's removing the lockout timer have to do with the fact that we still have to farm eyes all day to get access? It *IS* tedious, with this method, to keep having to do this over and over and over and over and over every frillin time we want to go in there.

Have you or any of the dev team actually done what it takes to get all the eyes? It's a royal PITA. It's beyond tedious.

We spent weeks getting those eyes, only to have to leave within 20 minutes of getting in there and having to deal with SUPERMOBS that kick the crap out of the best of the best. You don't realize what we went through to get those eyes, only to have them eaten. We wasted weeks of work.

Just realize this *IS* tedious and outrageous to ask of your players to deal with. Spending that time getting them to be FLAGGED for access from now on is fine. Spending that time each time is totally wrong and stuff like this does nothing but cause people to leave or jsut sit there and get by till Vanguard or soemthing else comes along.

I am sure your intentions for this may have been good to start with and offer a different method for access but you all just do NOT realize what it takes to do it. You don't realize all those named mobs and how hard they are, how hard they are to get to pop and all the other crap to get access for one time? It looked good on paper but, in actually doing it, it's total frustration jsut to get access once.

This method of access to a zone *IS* tedious. It isn't fun.

If you all insist on keeping it this way, even after your players are telling you that it is FAR from the fun you though it would be and causes nothing but total frustration with the game, after dealing with zones not being itemized on top of it all, then I don't know.

You put all the eyes on trash mobs in the area and add real and decent loot to the named in the ring events, then it would be more fun to the peopele doing it.

I mean you have to realize we have to get 24 people together to do this. 24 people spending all day trying ot get eyes so they can go in and then people have to start leaving because they wasted all their play time getting eyes and not getting to experience the zone itself, is just not fun. On top of that, you have to constantly split your raid up as some of the mobs dropping the eyes are gx2s and then reform because some are gx4s and so on.

Just keep it the way it is, make placing the eyes flag people for access (or those getting the update for "Wrapping it all up" get flagged) and just place a lockout timer. Like I said, unless you want to place the eyes on every trash mobs, etc. in the area.

What you all think is fun is totally different than what we think is fun. It was a good idea but, in practice, considering the number of people it takes and the logistics of getting all those people together and wasting our play time and getting totally bored farming mobs for eyes to get access just isn't fun.
  10. ARCHIVED-Naggybait Guest

Just to add, on top of the problems with getting all those eyes, even if you make it easier, only to have the zone crash and you loose all that work and all that playtime because now all the eyes are used. It just causes more hassle and frustration for your playerbase than is needed. As the person said above, it just cuases boring needless farming day after day after day when you want to do the zone.
    Message Edited by Naggybait on 10-25-2005 07:01 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-Vellek Guest

Put me in as a vote to keep the lockout timer and not have to refarm eyes. I would personally, as I have stated, rather have no lockout and the named encounters/ring events in there on a six day repop, but when faced with the two choices Blackguard proposed, I will choose the lockout timer.
  12. ARCHIVED-TunaBoo Guest

Well.. if it takes 3 hours to farm, you go run this zonme every day. Lot of downtime right now as not a ton of t6 content

If it takes > 3 hours then boo.
  13. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

I dont see how there could possibly be "good" looted added to the mobs that drop eyes. If there is good loot, then the mobs wont be common at alll, making it a tedius eye farm. If the mobs are common, then they wont have good loot because it would be so easy to get. If the mobs are common and have good loot, well then that just screws up risk vs reward even further and everyone can go get the uber loot off the ring mobs, leaving the higher end mobs like the godking have loot that pales in comparison for the effort requried. Its a lose lose lose situation :(
  14. ARCHIVED-Naggybait Guest

On top of the fact that many guilds have already spents weeks farming these mobs to get the eyes and got to spend a whole 20 minutes in there and got ZERO benefit.

Flag those that have already done it. Flag those that do it from now on.

Can't you all understand, FARMING eyes everytime is NO FUN. It's just plain boring repetition.
    Message Edited by Naggybait on 10-25-2005 07:29 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-Lady Uaelrea Guest

Fun?.......1 wood chest in 4 hours is fun??
    1 wood chest for 24 people in 4 hours from level 60 mobs x2, x4 and higher??
    If you did this experiment and made sure these EPIC MOBS have good drops and drop rates then it is fun.
    Every guild will be in this place all the time - even if it takes 5 hours to get the eyes.
    But farming eyes everytime for a couple of hours with 24 people and not get any loot = TEDIOUS.
    The majority of the people that are here in this zone are for the most part players 55+ and having 24 people in a zone killing for nothing to get to a zone where the drops are garbage too = NO FUN.
    This zone is supoposed to provide good equipment and upgrades for everyone.
    Another way SOE makes this game worse -- thanks.
    My god, you people seem to be doing everything within your power to make this game more of a chore than adventure.
    Please tell your team to conceptualize this:
    Think about it - you have a band of 24 experienced heros in an amazing setting. These heros are from all different walks of life and each has unique abilities and powers and they have come together from all corners of the continent to come together in search of treasures and incredible adventures.
    Can you imagine if this was a movie. When the band of warriors, mages and healers get to their destiniation and defeat monster after monster in epic battles the only thing they bring back with them is a level 59 advanced sage scroll.
    Do you think this movie would get a sequel - NOT.
    Why would people want to come here to waste so much time to have to kill mob, after mob with no loot and in the end get garbage reward.
    What are you people doing over there?? I am not a developer but I know what stinks and just hearing about the way this is setup it sounds bad.
    Experiencing it is even worse.
    If you just added loot - such as good gear and a fabled every once in a while - people would not mind being in this zone for long periods of time.
    SOE wake up.
  16. ARCHIVED-TooSwiss Guest

We killed the Captain and he didn't drop a chest, the names afterward dropped wood with absolute [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] inside, at this point I believe Godking Anuk won't even drop metal. I don't think they have even looked at the zone, it's the same way with PP: the return from what I've read and these issues need to be addressed as well. :\
  17. ARCHIVED-reaper98 Guest

SOB.. Why even have us post feeback if you people don't listen!!

This is the major quest the majority of the Raiding Community is working
    on.. I also know for a fact that the other instances like PP: The Return are all
    droping wood.. the mobs are over powered.. and none of these mobs give SP.

The ones that have been fixed.. when they do drop metal.. it's the same
    item over and over again. The Wood chests now have a chance to drop
    a T6 rare.. and even with SP added.. there's nothing to get when your guild
    hits level 35 or 40. *Sigh*

We are playing a game with broken, not tested, or not finished content..
    It isn't fun ATM..

Sometimes I have to wonder... but I'm losing more and more friends everyday. :smileysad:
  18. ARCHIVED-Queen Alexandria Guest

You forgot the part where encounters were fixed and loot was revamped AFTER the fact. Making it blaringly maddening for the people that spend countless hours of their life for the sake of entertainment with nothing to show for it.

***DISCLAIMER - This is my opinion, take it how you want***

You think this is a problem with the developers? I think its a problem with sony in its entirety, i wouldnt bash on the developers since they are only following their job description. It's just like the whole DRM and rootkit installs from their copywrited CDs, and the spyware bundled with their DVDs. Sony has no ethics in reguards to pleasing their customers. And to try and defend this arguement with saying that customers are being listened to, well get this fact straight, you have to listen to them from the beginning. As a playerbase we don't like to be ignored first and then taken care of after the fact.

I'm sorry to inform that there are alot of hardcore players that are just waiting for the next big thing and if the game doesnt pick up its pace to keep up with demand and things are not done right... it will lose a lot of potential (and i think it has alot).

There are so many strong points for this game, i came into it as a sequel to EverQuest and so far i am dissapointed that it didnt keep up. I've seen too many people quit when Deserts of Flame came out, and when i talk to those same people today they say how glad they were to have left then. Just the other day i started a new character to play with some friends, tough times i tell you... First off it was increasingly hard to find heroic content to fight with a full group, and when we did find that content we were totally overwhelmed by extremely large agro radius' and overpowered encounters. Let me put it into perspective: A level 15 heroic mob hitting you for 400damage and having a FD ability on its primary target is NOT fun. Level 15 fighter has less than 400 hit points to begin with, things are not in good shape here folks, it was going around killing the guards and one shotting groups with AE's. We finally managed to kill it with a level 60 templar tanking it.

The game has taken a totaly new perspective, and although it has a wicked nice graphics engine it is overwhelmed with these problems. Graphics engine, theres another fault, ever walk into zones and lag horribly? Most likely because it draws the whole zone, which taxes ANY system to no end. Visit North Freeport, Qeynos Harbor, Rivervale or even new zones like Clefts of Rujaark... tearing on character models, crumbly crotches, broken housing (not being able to place things around). Although some of this could be related to art, another area "lacking". Ever seen the difference between a low level mage and a high level mage? What about recycled armor looks, getting tired? Armor recycling has been a problem for nearly a year now, and its been pushed aside so many times. Even the new cobalt and ebon have merely no differences at all, they are both TOO DARK. If you mix black with black you get black. If you mix black and blue you get black. Fabled armor looking like HANDCRAFTED armor, robes having 4 different graphics, you walk into freeport or qeynos and you see NPCs with the armor you would like, how is that fair?

The list goes on folks, the sad part is, i'm still playing... for the sake of the community that i am part of, thats where the fun is for me. See you in game.
  19. ARCHIVED-MorDecaio Guest

I better piss myself, [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] my pants, cream my jeans, scream with joy until I can't speak for 2 weeks, and pass out at the sight of the reward from this quest series.

Otherwise, if it's a complete worthless piece of [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn], I have a feeling that every high end guild will dissolve and quit this game.

Think on that as you're "fixing" the eye drops. You've already pissed off alot of VERY VERY influencial people with this stupid "test".
  20. ARCHIVED-arathym Guest

Here's a couple of the things that have been done:

-The 6 day timer has been reduced to 20hrs.

-The Uzu Eye now drops off of Izur the Aegis, Laith the Ravager or Arazul, Hand of the Godking. This puts it in line with the other eyes' drop rates.

-Some of the other rare NPCs that drop Eyes in the area have had their chances of spawning increased, or had their spawn times reduced.

-All of the eyes are now tradeable.

These 4 changes you should see very soon.

-The loot in this area of the zone is being looked into and adjusted currently. However, this is a bit slower process than the other stuff, but we'll try to get it done asap.

I hope this helps.