Fountain of Life - eat's eyes yet requires them for access

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Ishbu, Oct 24, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

Ok, I need a developer response on this.

What in the world is the logic behind having to RE FARM these eyes every 6 days so that you may enter the zone? Do you not realize that it isnt even possible to get these eyes every 6 days? Without some luck, you may not even get one of them (uzu) in 6 full days of camping for it.

If this is your attempt at daily raid content, please reconsider. Nobody wants to sit in Silent City farming mobs for hours on end, day after day, in a never ending cycle until your next expansion comes. For the love of god, please just add a flag and once your flagged for the zone, you never need the eyes again, something along those lines. Increase the lockout timer to two weeks, I dont care, just remove the eyes being required everytime.

If nothing else, you are directly [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing over your more casual players that like to raid. I know you dont want to do that. You see, if the "big" or "uber" guilds have to farm these day after day, week after week, does that leave any room for up and coming guilds? No, none at all. As the big guilds get more and more used to it, they will completely dominant the area, and I do not see them saying oh feel free to farm thsi for hte next week, we just wont use the HIGH END RAID ZONE!.

I cannot see a single person who knows what I am talking about disagreeing here. Anyone who has farmed these eyes knows what a pain it is, how boring it is, how unrewarding it is. And on top of that, my guild got kicked out of the zone because the zone crashed on us. Your now telling me I have to take a raid and waste upwards of 100+ hours of each and everyone of their time to refarm eyes because your game zone crashed on us? And then repeate that every week? That is completely unacceptable.

This needs to be changed ASAP. I already know a few people quitting over this very issue, and I cant even blame them, its totally regodamndiculous.
    Edit - My suggestion if you MUST keep the eye requirement every time you enter and only if you MUST would be to make the x2 ring events spawn a named every time. Leave the non ring events the way they are and for the x4 he needs to spawn everytime and just make him [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing hard. Make him really hard, but he needs to spawn everytime if we have to get that eye. Having him be random is just lame.
    Message Edited by Ishboozor on 10-24-2005 07:14 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-isla_melancholy Guest

It took us 16 days to get these eyes, only to have them erased after one entry?

Ring events -- fine. Make them hard as hell -- NOT random.
  3. ARCHIVED-Renaven Guest

I already submitted a /bug report, and I will also post here.

This is COMPLETELY, utterly unacceptible. It took us 60+ hours to obtain all 9 eyes. We went into the Fountain of Life, explored a little bit, and left. We faced a 5 day 20 hour lockout. We thought cool, we will go back in 6 days and re-attempt the zone.

When we came back, we realized it once again required 9 eyes to enter. I don't care if this zone drops 100 metal chests, this is still unacceptible. You need to remove the Eye requirement once your guild has gotten and placed all 9 eyes. Keep the week long lockout, but remove the need to farm this boring trash in Silent City day in and day out.

I'm trying not to sound upset, but frankly if this is intended, then Sony really knows nothing about making a fun high-end game. I sure hope that you plan on taking off the 9 eye requirement EVERY time you go to do that zone, because frankly it took us over 2-3 weeks to obtain all eyes, and this was doing NOTHING but Silent City every single day.

It is not fun at all; there is no need for an Eye requirement after you've already obtained all 9 eyes the first time.
  4. ARCHIVED-TooSwiss Guest

Agreed 100%. We were all set to go give it a legitimate shot today, we had waited in anticipation for our 6 day lockout to be up, and bam, we can't get in. We spent 15 days, FIFTEEN DAYS farming all those eyes, and then, when we finally had our chance, we went into a zone that at the time was nearly impossible to beat (first name was AAing for 7K vs max mitigation), I feel TERRIBLE for all guilds who had invested that incredible amount of time into getting the eyes only to be shafted and forced to get them all over again. A 6 day lockout would imply you only need to do this once, however this isn't the case. This is just STUPID! It takes 2.5x as long as the lockout (farming 6+ hours a day, for 15 straight days, with absolutely NO loot to show for it) to get all the eyes to re-enter. This needs to be fixed asap. This whole random spawn is just a terrible way to do things, it could take a guild 6 days to get the eyes, 1 day, 15 days, no one knows. It's just dumb, and yes, people are getting so frustrated over the refusal to address the terrible problems with the current raids they are quitting, and doing it frequently. Terrible move by Sony here, absolutely terrible.
  5. ARCHIVED-smiley1 Guest

As usual Ishbu is correct. It is absurd to have to get all the eyes everytime you wanna get in to the Fountain of Life considering how *gosh darned* long it takes to get them.

*EDIT FOR LANGUAGE*
    Message Edited by Raijinn Thunderguard on 10-25-2005 01:21 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-Magank Guest

**REMOVED INAPPROPRIATE POST**
    Message Edited by Raijinn Thunderguard on 10-25-2005 01:22 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-HEADHUNTER Guest

Guys its obvious that they didnt test this content what so ever. The first captain is absurd, exploding waves of adds that do 2 to 3k dmg with the main mob doing 6-9k melee dmg?..then they expect us to take two weeks farming the eyes. I swear they are trying to force people from this game. No way can competant game creaters have sat down and thougt this was a good idea. I cant even fathom the thought process behind this. DoF has to be the worst expansion I have ever played. Long drawn out quests for craptacular rewards, buggy gameplay, frequent hang-ups on loading UI...its just plain horrible. Very unprofessional. Anyone else notice that the devs only respond to posts about idiodic junk that means absolutly nothing? Hey we got MONKIES!!! WOhoo! Hey I can see my nipples now! WOOOT. Hey they finally re-tinted the armor!! WOopie! They should freeze everything they are doing and fire all the developers and hire new ones IMO since the currant ones have no idea what their doing or how this game is actually played on live servers.
  8. ARCHIVED-xKaoSx Guest

ditto and quote
  9. ARCHIVED-ProphecyCT Guest

Hey SoE, thanks for giving us a good 20 minute run for 30-60 hours of name farming, repair costs, broken encounters, and boring quests (run here, run there, dodge this, dodge that, right click this, right click that). I think we ALMOST got to actually experience the content before the instance crashed on us. So please, don't add a flag to the zone in, but crash the instance for every other guild that has invested nearly 30-60+ hours of farming so they could have the same great experience we did. By the way, COBALT SHOULD NOT BE BETTER THAN TIER 5 FABLED.
  10. ARCHIVED-reaper98 Guest

I have to agree... 2x weeks of farming eyes to enter.. only to be locked out due to
    the content not working right.. and now we need to farm for another 2x weeks to
    re-enter..
    For what?!? Items worse than what I can get harvesting a node..
    SoE your killing your own game... (Risk vs Reward vs Time spent = No Go)
    Message Edited by reaper98 on 10-25-2005 01:07 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-Elrohn Guest

Couldnt agree more. Cmon SoE. Who are your beta testers? Say our name [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]es , say our name. As stated, its more than obvious that you dont test your content. But, I am getting slightly off topic here. Yes, risk versus reward is a great concept when utilized properly. Yes time should be spent to advance, as well as figuring out all your fubar'd non tested broken azz encounters. But cmon. Why not flag this crap with a built in quest. 40 hours of camping crap, for 1 shot only to have that zone crash on us? An instance at that, that are supposedly stable. Seriously. Not to make comparisons to EQ1 but lets take a quick peek in which you labeled a game after and made a sequel to.

Going to refrence to PoP.

-EQ1 - Progressive Zones, Progressive flagging to move forward, New risks, New Encounters, once your flagged thats it ( Albeit, flagging sometimes was a pain in the ****. Even backflagging at that, but cmon do it once and your done with it )

-EQ2 - Run circle after circle in the courtyard. Kill 4 sets of mobs. Cross your fingers and hold your nuts and hope to god that a name that you NEED pops. While were on the topic, [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] is with the 15 minute bewtween kills crap. Speed it up, as this in the future if you leave it like this its going to be a &%#*&$

Dont know about you, but I think that option # 1 sounds a bit more fun. And dont even think about some Vex Thal camp crap either. Make it challanging, make it strategic.

This concern posted above is IMO the prime reason of why you are failing. You are doing what most wanted to get away from. Camp mob A for 10 hours to camp mob B for 10 hours. If you would just make the encouters more challanging and offer more content rather than putting in more rediculous time sinks alot more people would be playing EQ2 rather than filling out that Vanguard Beta application.

"PS" Removed - Blackguard

With Sincerity,
    Elrohn ( The pissed off Templar on Nek )

[IMG]
    Message Edited by Blackguard on 10-25-2005 10:22 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-Blackguard Guest

I'm not going to say that this is a bug for sure, but I am going to look into it. It doesn't sound right to me.
  13. ARCHIVED-ProphecyCT Guest

60 hours of name farming of eyes for a whole 20 minutes of content, yea, it doesn't sound right to me. But if you think it is fair to add a quest flag now forcing guilds that finished it first to redo all the eyes, you are mistaken. I'd be EXTREAMLY pissed if I log on one day to find that other guilds surpassed us in Fountain Access because of some LAME dev who thought it would be funny to see guilds farm for 60 hours and then crash the instance on us after 20. So 60hours x 60 minutes = 3600 minutes. For 3600 minutes we got 20 minutes to play. So for every 180 minutes of mindless repetition of killing, repair costs, broken encounters, etc, we got a whole 1 minute to "try" the end game content. I believe we might actually get pass the first mob, if lucky, in about 5 years or so. Seems like a great way to stall raiding guilds for 5 years before the content is fixed.
  14. ARCHIVED-Magank Guest

Thank you Blackguard for that entirely clueless response. No eta on a fix. No admitting yall screwed up. No 'someone updated file x.x and all your Shimmering Star BPs got nerfed' Do you assume that sentence with no answers is gonna keep us calm? WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO LOOK INTO IT? When can i expect to go back in? Since you wont admit its a bug, how bout tellin me if you intend on forcing those of us that farmed them once to refarm them, or are you going to return our eyes so we dont gotta do this again. Man, you are to the point of insulting my intelligence. This is a thread that only concerns AT MOST 5-8 guilds gamewide. Saying you are gonna look at it IS NOT ACCEPTABLE, saying you will immediately fix this and admit to some serious bonehead moves, might give me a bit of patience.

MAGANK MATANK
  15. ARCHIVED-JonasBlackmore Guest

I'm sorry...but I have to say this -- you are all being a bunch of whiney children.

"This is the worst screw-up ever" -- "I know lots of people quitting over this issue"

You know what...grow up. Present your complaints in a well-formed polite manner, don't just whine and moan about them "pulling an SoE"

My Lord, it's like none of you have ever had a real job or made a mistake in your lives...must be nice being so perfect. Cut them some slack...sure they make mistakes, but there's a lot more in the game that DOES work than there are things that are broken. They're looking into it, but Moorgard stated he's not sure if it's a bug or not. It could be designed that way...doesn't make it a good idea, but it's not a bug.

People make mistakes, people make bad decisions, you act as though every single change you haven't liked has been coded by the same person. News flash -- there are a LOT of people on the EQ2 coding teams. Odds are that none of the mistakes have been coded in by the exact same person. If you have 1000 people on a coding team...if each of them only makes 1 mistake, that's a lot of room for error. Sure there is QA, but they can only test things to a certain point then it goes out to the players to find them.

You find a problem...report it, bug it, post about it. But don't whine and moan about how horrible Sony is and how many mistakes they make. Just be polite and explain things and then let them do their jobs.
  16. ARCHIVED-Magank Guest

Ok Jonas, let me explain how you are wrong.

When i make a mistake at work, and yes it happens. First i admit that i am wrong (either to my boss or the customer). Second i propose a fix for the mistake. Third, i bust my tail and get it fixed ASAP.....DO YOU SEE ANY OF THIS HAPPENING? Neither do i. Therefore, I have every right to be upset.

Next, if you are going to post here, be a man and tell us who you are and what server you are on. If you are gonna anonymously post and roam the boards, shut it. Like i said in my prior post, This only concerns a few guilds GAMEWIDE. The problem will greatly escalate if not fixed soon. But for now, it doesnt concern you.

So to all the board trolls and sub 60 chars out there please stay off this thread.

MAGANK MATANK
  17. ARCHIVED-sliderhouserules Guest

I am NOT level 60, I AM trolling your thread, and I am NOT going to tell you my name and my server -- just because I think you're a moron.

Grow up dude.
  18. ARCHIVED-agra Guest

Wow. That's quite an ego you have going there, Magank. :)
  19. ARCHIVED-Sethis Guest

Nice concept black, but plz put some master chest on named in silent city
  20. ARCHIVED-Wadoon Guest

yeah, getting some masters while spending all that time farming eyes would be nice as well since there isnt' much reward once you go inside