Fountain of Life - eat's eyes yet requires them for access

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Ishbu, Oct 24, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

Why is this so hard to see. NOBODY who has farmed these eyes, and Im guessing that very few people who havent farmed them all yet wants to farm them. It is boring, even if you add loot to them, it is boring, especially after having done it once. I dont care if a set of eyes lets me enter the zone 3 times with no lockout, I really dont ever want to go back there and farm the eyes again. We already suffered through it, why cant we have the zone access as our reward?
    I rather like the idea of getting flagged for the zone. Once flagged, if 75% of the raid is flagged, then can zone in others. That would mean that 18 of 24 people for a full raid would need to have done the eye quest, its not too much to ask.
  2. ARCHIVED-Named88 Guest

Very reassuring, even though I still don't really like it. If you guys threw in some good ( decent at east please ) loot off of the named here, then I would be relatively happy.
    Please make sure the inner temple is balanced and itemized, because If we zone in there and start killing named and get wood then you're going to have another post exactly like this one.
  3. ARCHIVED-Reposado Guest

This is a start. A very good start. The main reason farming the eyes sucked so much was the fact that nothing good every dropped. We've gotten 2 master chests in 60+ hours of farming eyes.

Another problem is the lockout. A 20 hour lockout is stupid IMO. Guilds that have the eyes should be able to enter any time they wish. Unless the eye drop rates have been signifigantly increased, the lockout is pointless.

One more thing.. and I hope that most of these other guilds who did this will agree.. Farming the eyes one time was not bad. It was a challenge. It gave everyone hope, that once we got all 9 eyes, we would have access to the Temple. It was a lot of HARD work, for what we thought would be rewarding. It was not. The hard work is fine, the reward needs to be changed.

Don't hurt people who have spent so many man hours on these eyes by making them trivial to get. Just let the people who have the eyes get into the Temple every 6 days as was intended originally (don't say that wasn't the intent, no more need to cover up your mistakes).
  4. ARCHIVED-Magank Guest

The timer is stupid, who is gonna farm that [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] on a dialy basis?

Second you were able to add eyes to their loot tables and make them tradeable and change zpawn timers with a click of the mouse.....and you cant add loot? I am gonna call BS here on this one.

Third people, lets not lose focus how miserable camping this [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] was....i dun wanna do it again period. They are offerin up some sadass fixes that dont even remotely fix the true issue. I remember when i quit EQ1....it was after GoD launched...bugged to no end, not tested, incomplete.....Guilds were furious, people were quitting so what did SoE do...they announced Omens of War....and never even once tried to fix the issue at hand.

This pathetic attempt to cover up a big booboo is the same thing....Oh god please let me be accepted into Vanguard beta.

Magank Matank
  5. ARCHIVED-smiley1 Guest

Message Edited by smiley1 on 10-25-2005 04:26 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-ProphecyCT Guest

If this is what u were planning to do since the start? Why wasn't it release with theses changes in effect? Why did we have to waste 60+ hours to find that we have mad ZERO, YeS ZERO, progress. And why even do this without the 5th change? Frankly the loot has been lacking, if any at all. Why do content that has no loot? So basically you are once again screwing the people who actually provided you with information to help make your game better by offering no compensation for your changes that you claim to be your original testing idea.
  7. ARCHIVED-Elrohn Guest

Well, while others remain Optimistic here is the 3 main concerns that I have about this.

A) The original reply of " We will look into this and see if its a bug" tells me possibly that maybe this thread was started on false pretense that this zone would have to be opened once "Server Wide ", and thats it for the server. Or were the shards not suppose to dissapear on use? Please respond to that 1st. With a response of " This bug " tells me that this is either of these could be correct, but which one. This " Re-Earning " seems to hold the shady smell of " We didnt intend for this, but its keeping them busy while we finish off the 2 zones that didnt make DoF".

B) With the lock out reduced or lenghtened Im sure more could care less. If you increase the lock out to one week, great that gives us a week to farm for these. If you leave it at 20 hours, great that gives us somethign to do for a day. Either way, we are going to see some fabulous loot over a period of a week once inside. What Im sure that most are concerned about is HAVING to refarm these weekly if not daily. Either way, what you are saying is this and I beleive Ishbu made a great point.

1 You are forcing the high end guilds to farm repeated mobs over and over to get access to a zone.
    2 Discluding the casual gamer completly as this would take maybe weeks to complete for the 1st time ( When they get to this level ).

So, either way you are still shooting yourself in the foot. If I said it once, maybe Ill say it again. Challange, Challange, Challange not repeatitive camps.

C) While I totally agree these were intresting , challanging, and tactical fights I still would appreciate any type of flagging for this. This seems to be one of thoose battles that Im sure as more people get to that level and SoE realizes the ammount of people that will be squabbeling over this when the time comes the error will be prevelant.

Solution.

Start flagging. Make the encounter challanging from the get go. I had no problem with countless repairs to figure out a few of these. It was a challange and entertainment. Going back to the same mobs to GET access to a zone that you have already been in seems rather pointless and non oportunistic.

Please comment on the "Bugged " comment as Im really intrested to see the reply as this seems " Very Fishy " to me.

The still pissed off Templar on Nek
    Elrohn
    [IMG]
  8. ARCHIVED-Lady Uaelrea Guest

Last night was 15 days after your post about the loot.
    6 hours and 1 wood chest.
    This seems to be a super slow process.
    Message Edited by Lady Uaelrea on 11-08-2005 01:24 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-ProphecyCT Guest

Don't worry, u can get a reward as good as the one from the Day and Night quest.
    [IMG]

but then u find that it's worse than:

[IMG]
    Message Edited by ProphecyCT on 10-25-2005 04:08 PM
    Message Edited by ProphecyCT on 10-25-2005 04:09 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-darkmephisto1 Guest

First off, I want to point out that you having to take it to test it internally is basically saying that of which happened in beta that in the 2 or 3 weeks it will take you to test it that you will spend about a total of 15- 30 minutes testing and 2-3 weeks of thinking about testing it.
    Now my guild has spent countless hours in this zone farming these eyes. We got basically no reward for doing so wood chest drops that are total crap and one metal from the hardest named there is to pop in the zone. (remember hand of the godking the one you guys made harder to spawn) That being said now you want us to go back and kill trash mobs and named and hope eyes drop again spending still i bet numerous hours in this zone just to get eyes since no metal chests actually drop and there is many many named . This is the biggest time sink to date no to mention that to get to wrapping it all up you have to do like 30+ quests ( still wondering what the reward for that will be prolly as awesome as our night and day quest rewards which were the total suck)
    Another thing that should be talked about here is once you do get inside you have to deal with an orange conned name to begin with ( hmm thought there wasnt supposed to be any more orange conned raid mobs) who has some adds that totally are assanine and not to mention he hits like a truck. So basically you want us to farm eyes for many many hours get no rewards like metal chests etc... this is a raid zone by the way in case you forgot. Then after farming go in and get 10 tries depending on how much armor tanks and others have to try and beat this i think very overpowered mob inside to most likely get a lockout timer and try again and then abck to farming it is ?

You know this game could be so much better if you the DEVS actually played the game in BETA i know for a fact that the raid content was barely touched ( hell pretty much the whole combat system and the expansion was barely tested everyone wanted to DUEL yaaay rah) So if you ask me before you guys put in haunted houses and stupid little extra bugged things you should fix the content that we paid for in the expansion that is broken why add new content to already broken existing content. It should be pretty much common sense to FIX broken things before you add new broken things
  11. ARCHIVED-smiley1 Guest

Good to see some responses from devs and what not. However, I am 100% agreeing with those who know what they are talking about, NO ONE wants to have to farm those eyes everytime we want to get in. Is it really that hard to just flag everyone that does it so we never have to do it again?
  12. ARCHIVED-Findarato Guest

With all the time spent by the guilds that have gotten in so far some sort of compensation should be given, be it a flag to not have to farm the eyes or a peice of fabled loot for all something. I truly dont see how checking the drop rates on Metal chests on names is hard to do. You bring up the Name in your database check its loot percentage and then make sure the associated loot table is filled with the correct items. After going though each and every eye once I woudl like to say one thing. [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] kind of [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] thought up placing 3 to 4 names in one ring event and having them only one drop an eye or each name drop a diffrent eye. WOW talk about time sink just to have to do it again tomarrow.

Progression in this game seems like a quest for Pokemon for the arena. Yes lets kill the Gold and Silver dragons...pokemon. Kill rock thing, pokemon. No longer is this everquest, its MotherFunking PokeQuest.

Please flag thoes that went in the first time so we do not have to ever farm these eyes. We spent 2 weeks doing this [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn], now every noob guild that follows can just spend a day get all 9 and walk in. Thanks SoE for making the raid guilds feel welcome, I know I will get flamed by some noobie casual person but I said it.

/em prays to the bill gates "please give me a vanguard beta invite"
  13. ARCHIVED-smiley1 Guest

QFT and because its funny as hell.

We should all pray to the God known as Bill Gates, the promised game of Vanguard awaits us in the future.
    Message Edited by smiley1 on 10-25-2005 05:21 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-reaper98 Guest

Well Xelus.. Just so you know.. that's not the only choice.. 1st you get a Pokemon.
    [IMG]
    Then you get your choice of 4x great weapons..
    [IMG]
    That my friend is the reward for completing "Capturing Night and Day"
    Oh and it's just like the eyes.. since you need to farm scales in PP. Which still have
    a horrible drop rate.. We have gotten 5x in over a month of farming. Sending 3+ groups
    a night.. and it doesn't matter what level you do.. Easy, Med, and Hard all have the
    same drop rates and items.
    This is the reward for the first T6 Epic quest we finished.. and it only took weeks of
    farming scales again.. and to kill both Epic 65 x4 Orange Con Dragons.
    Oh and just an FYI.. if you don't kill the dragons when you spawn them with the scale
    on time.. they de-pop.. and you need to farm another scale for the color dragon you need
    to kill..
  15. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

Not to get offtopic, but wich of those weapon choices exactly are the mages or tanks supposed to want?

Never mind the fact nobody who killed the dragons would want any of them.
    Message Edited by Ishboozor on 10-25-2005 06:22 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-Elitemage Guest

Your suppose to pick the one that will give you discovery credit thats wat how i based my choice. ^_____________^

Ellone, Grobb
    Message Edited by Elitemage on 10-25-2005 06:30 PM
  17. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

Lol thats how I have been choosing I think almost every reward thus far.
    Message Edited by Ishboozor on 10-25-2005 06:55 PM
  18. ARCHIVED-Quasicroako Guest

No many of us are pissed just based on the fact that Sony chose to add those god aweful "Bones of Dalgin B'Dynn" as a NO DESTROY flag. It was a calculated move to force the player base to take part in raiding just to finish a quest that when started had nothing to do with an epic, and had nothing to even give a hint until it was to late that it would.
    This quest started as a miss conned quest. While being labled (HEROIC) nothing in it up to "From hands to stone" required a heroic kill(BTW to all you guys who think its not possible to solo/duo this series up to "From hands to stone" think again).
    Things just happened to be on occasion in areas that had HEROIC MOBS. We are appaled that we are being forced to take part in an aspect of the game we do not enjoy or forever keep the [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] bones taking up space as punishment. At this point I could care less to finish this quest just because we are not raiders we did it because it was fun at the time not for the UBER loot or the UBER xp....FUN plain and SIMPLE. It stopped being fun and now we have to be punished because we choose to no longer want to take part in a raid ended quest. Many people like raiding and thats fine, but it is not for me and the need to force the playerbase to become raiders or hope to join raid guilds to finish something is BS..
    YAYAYA GRATZ....SONY FOR THE WIN.......and they wonder why so many people in April left in droves. Might it be the BS of the propaganda of this being the casual playes EQ and not being like EQ1 finally became apparent and bit Sony in the hind end.
    So please I think its time the game designers and the development team to just come out and start giving us some real answers not just canned BS about how different styles of players can coexist in this game, because frankly it is very apparent what styles they are trying to encourage to leave the game and what style they wish to remain. Which is fine and all it is their game, but the least they could do is start being honest so those who don't fit their plan anymore can go in peace instead of thinking they have a place in the world of Norrath.
  19. ARCHIVED-JonasBlackmore Guest

First off, my in game name, level and server have no bearing on the validity of my points.

Do I have a level 60? Sure, but that doesn't automatically make my opinion more valid.

I was simply voicing the long-time belief "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar." I'm really not trying to play devil's advocate here, I was only saying what I believe.

I'm not a "fan boy" as a lot of people like to call those who support Sony all the time. In fact, I've made complaints many times myself and fully agree that a lot of the decisions they make don't seem to be well thought out or tested. However, I've been a programmer for going on 18 years now. I've worked on Business Application development, MMO game development, and I cut my teeth 16 years ago building some of the most famous MUDs of the time period.

In all that time programming, I've made a lot of stupid mistakes. Coding oversights that got past our testers, situations we didn't think of and that our testers didn't come across and some ideas that seemed great on paper...but once people got to them it didn't work out so well. Games and programs evolve as do the needs of the users (and players). It is never possible to fully realize 100% of the needs and wants of your user base, you have to do your best to please as many as possible without destroying it for others.

Moorgard stated that is was an issue and that they are making changes to adjust it based upon the feedback given in this thread...and yet people still scream "Unacceptable!" You don't even have the courtesy to wait and see the changes before you assume it will be completely wrong. Maybe they are adjusting the loot tables to give the eyes to other mobs beyond the named? Maybe they'll make the named spawn more often. Since the eyes drop 100% from the named...the only way to "increase the drop rate" would be to add it to other mobs or make the named spawn more often...yet few people grasped that.

I commend those who offer well thought out suggestions and alternative solutions to the problem. But if you can't offer anything userful other than "YOU SUCK!" or "THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!" then you aren't doing anything except hindering the forward progression of the game.

** edit **
    Just as a side note...take a moment and read what was written here...forget about how angry you are at this issue and just read this --

"I would LOVE to ********* Chaotic Legion as much as i can. My entire guild thrives on it....so dont think we wouldnt be there lettin your pathetic guild take a whack at Goliathan just so we could laugh ourselves to sleep. I said it b4....if you arent 60 or have not camped these eyes...stay off this thread."

Now, think about how childish and ignorant that sounds. Just because you have a thought, doesn't mean the world needs to know about it...It's better to remain quiet and be thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt.
    Message Edited by JonasBlackmore on 10-25-2005 04:07 PM
  20. ARCHIVED-ProphecyCT Guest

The problem isn't that we are not giving hte opportunity to test it, the problem is they are not even giving us a proper environment to test it on. Have you ever even killed the mobs in Silent City? Have you ever spent 60 hours + to find that all the time you spent went down the drain? Have you ever had the game you spend long hours figuring out, wasting time and plat, to find that the whole strategy to kill the mob, was changed. Have you ever had to spend additional hours, wasting time and plat, figuring the same mob which you have figured out before, to have it changed again... Have you ever had it changed once more? (Take Sol Fist for example, SoE tries and tries.... but either makes it impossible because of bugs, or insanely easy) Yes, we humans, even SoE (/gasp) makes mistakes. But you are suppose to learn from your mistakes, not repeat them. We constantly see SoE repeat the same old mistakes over and over again. You want a example of their mistakes. Look at the history of the Charm spell. It was broken in beta, came onto live broken, they fixed it for abotu a day, then it started to crash zones, then broke it again, then made it crash zones again, then had it breaking encounters, etc etc. There's a fine line between human mistakes and utter ignorance.