Forum Issues List

Discussion in 'Forum Help and Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Tstorm, Mar 4, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Hellswrath@Blackburrow wrote:
    The fix for this is on the way. Thanks for the update, Sentinel.
  2. ARCHIVED-Nylacra Guest

I cannot see most of the forum topics, like server / class forums.
  3. ARCHIVED-Trynnus1 Guest

I too can not see any of the topics.
  4. ARCHIVED-Fringe Guest

Just some preliminary thoughts so please excuse any that might have already been covered elsewhere:
    Functionality Not Working Right
    • Read vs Unread Posts
      • Logging out or closing browser and reopening seems to cause all posts to be marked as read. Forums seem to have poor/buggy tracking of read posts.
      • “Forums seem to have poor/buggy tracking of read posts” is definitely the key phrase here. Not only does the forum randomly set certain posts to be marked as read but it will also randomly set some posts that have been read as unread.
    • "target=_new" being used for links
      • The post editor adds a "target=_new" to open links in a new window. This may work with IE, but all other browsers use "target=_blank" for this. The _new results in multiple links all being opened in the same page called "_new".
      • I wasn’t able to verify this through several test so maybe it has been fixed. Then again, I’m not an expert with this sort of issue and I was only able to test in IE6 and Firefox.
    • Signature links open in the signature frame
      • If anyone uses links in their sig and they don't specify a "target" attribute, all links try to open in the tiny 500x150 sig iframe.
      • Possibly fixed as Firefox opens signature links without any target attribute in a new tab and IE6 opens them in a new window of normal size.
    • Double line spacing happening
      • Several posters have noted that pressing "enter" in a post results in double line spacing.
      • Just to note that while this does in fact still occur when using IE6 it doesn’t when using Firefox.
    • Editing a post that includes previous emotions will result in a “ /> being added to the end of the emotion. This doesn't effect emotions that are added during an edit but rather ones that had already existed prior to the edit either from the original creation of the post or from a previous edit of the post. This also seems to only effect text input emotions and not the ones that are part of the editor itself. " /> Further testing on this issue has shown that it will occur regardless of how the emotion is added into the post. Also notice that certain emotions from the imbeded list are getting "smooshed" after submitting the post.
    • The … in the “Who is online” section results in a listing of all members regardless of their online status.
    • Just now had to add that I've lost the display of the Cursor Carrot while creating this post. This makes it rather difficult to jump around a post in order to add, remove or edit previously typed text. EDIT: I just got it back by leaving changing focus to another application then coming back to continue creating this post. Not really sure why it happened in the first place though.
    Desired Functionality Lost
    • Timezone setting
      • In the profile, the community would like the ability to specify the timezone to display posts/threads in.
      • Very helpful for all posters in all time-zones in determining when an Official News, Announcement or Update post was actually posted in regards to important information.
    • Post preview
      • While the post editor is quite nice looking, it does have some quirks and a “post preview” would be nice to prevent any issues.
      • The Post Editor doesn’t seem to always work the same as when first creating a thread. The ability to Preview a Post prior to sending it to the public would help to alleviate a lot of the issues that someone like myself has with creating extensive posts containing formatting that we just aren’t all that familiar with. This might encourage some posters to follow through on posting importing information that they might have otherwise thrown out due to the frustration involved with getting the format to work out as they envisioned.
    • Spell checker
      • The non-perfect spellers in the community would like a spell checker function (WORKAROUND: Browsers such as Firefox have built-in spell-as-you-type functionality)
      • Another suggested workaround is the free IESpell addon for Internet Explorer.
    • Ability to Move individual forums to the Top of the board as desired.
    Wishlist
    • Ignore list
    • Ability to ignore posts/threads of a defined list of posters. Just an Edit Note: This is the description of the bullet-point above and not a separate issue.
    • Replies to PM's add too many "Re:"
      • When you reply to a PM, the forum software prepends "Re:" regardless of the number of times it has been replied to. This can result in several "Re:" prepended to the subject.
      • Workaround: Self editing Subject lines currently available.
    • Ability to Set All Forums As Read from the Main forum page and/or the SubForum pages.
    • Ability to Unsubscribe from individual threads via a Subscription Manager screen (ala the current Bookmark Manager feature). The only way to currently unsubscribe to individual threads is via an Email link and only when someone posts to a subscribed thread.
  5. ARCHIVED-Fringe Guest

Here's another one that has recently popped up within the past 1-2 months that I completely forgot to add to the list above:

Most of the time (not always) when I log into the site using Firefox it brings up the "Bookmark" window instead of the logged in window. In other words, it wants me to create a Bookmark to the site. I just cancel that request then reload the page in order to get to the site as logged in. Also note that I never log out to begin with, having to log in again is directly related to the issue of the site automatically logging me out sometimes after closing the window down.
  6. ARCHIVED-Tstorm Guest

I updated the list today to remove things that have specifically been fixed. Specifically, the request to add indent/outdent buttons to the editor and the request to allow posting as an unguilded character as both are "fixed".

I haven't added the latest problems yet caused by the recent forum software update, but will be adding them very soon if they continue (I just don't want to get in the habit of adding and removing things every other day).
  7. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

The links in the e-mails that go out on subscribed threads take us to the thread/topic with the page numbering screwed up. It says I'm on page 3. I click on page 4 and get the same posts.
  8. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Actually it's even more complicated than I am saying. If I follow a link to this forum which takes me to some new posts, those new posts are added onto the page that the link took me to. So I go to the thread, and some new posts are tacked onto the end, then I click the next page, and I get the whole page with those new posts blended in. It's really bizarre. Suffice it to say the e-mail links are really broken.
  9. ARCHIVED-CrateredMoon Guest

Putting the issues from the forum upgrade in the list would be some comfort to a few of us Would at least make it /look/ official :p

(I'm mainly referring to the bug feldon30 references, which is more generally described as issues with respecting the "Preferred Page Size" profile setting. Some forum features use a fixed page size regardless of your setting (like the 'Page 1,2,3' links from the thread index always calculate using a page size of 15, and the links from search results (including the Trackers) always pick your destination page based on a page size of 20), which make for strange behavior with default settings (15) and no setting that will make everything work (since some calculates at 15, some at 20, regardless))

There's still the old issue from before the forum upgrade, too, where a search link to the last post on a page would send you to the following page. For example, with a preferred page size of 20, this link from the dev tracker sends you to page 3, whereas the post is actually the last post of page 2. This bug existed *before* the forum upgrade, and is separate from the links-going-to-wrong-page described above.

Edit - Fixing links. Forgot that the HTML/Paste-Plain-Text windows attempt to translate ampersands into html character codes, so links with terms like "&#4773489" die off and are replaced by one or two question marks. I assume because it attempts to translate "&#..." into a html char code, fails, and spits out "??" for lack of any better idea - though it seems to deal with ampersands followed by a normal parameter just fine. Editting it to "&#4773489" etc resolves the issue.
  10. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Number of pages in a thread doesn't match between main listing and the count when you open the thread. Once at the end of the thread, system often indicates a non-existent last page.
    This occurs when user does not use forum default for number of pages. Using forum default for number of pages broke months ago and results in many multi page threads being listed as if they had only one page of notes.
  11. ARCHIVED-Zerebro Guest

Where did Tstorm go? These issues are still here, but it has been silent for a long time.

Time to shake it up SOE! :)
  12. ARCHIVED-Enna Guest

Private messages wishlist: need a way to cancel or edit them.
    Since there doesn't seem to be an "edit" button for PM's, I tried to delete and redo.
    Sadly that had the result of sending multiple messages to the recipient - which was *not* my intention. :(
  13. ARCHIVED-Veta Guest

I have been have some difficulty with my Hit Points in game. I contacted a GM and they said this would be the best spot to post. According to eq2u and your eq2 character page also both say that I have 60,069 hitpoints. I currently have 57,819. The GM proceeded to tell me that it was a bug on your site. So now is the in-game part. I tried to tell the GM that it is also happening in-game too. When I enter a zone, log-in, and port it changes my HP to 60,069 and then right as soon as i hit a forward or back arrow key it jumps back down to 57, 819. I have screenshots of this occuring, but I have not yet figured out how to post them. This is my only post to the forums, and I am just wandering if my character is bugged or if i am actually missing these hitpoints.