Forum Issues List

Discussion in 'Forum Help and Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Tstorm, Mar 4, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Tstorm Guest

I just went through and made some changes. See the changelog post above for details. If I missed anything, please let me know. With "edit" not working right for awhile there, some of these things backed up on me and sorting through what is truly a new issue versus someone that is just venting about something that is already there is easier said than done! It would be of great help if people that have noticed some of the issues posted could let me know when something is no longer an issue. I try to verify a lot of these things myself, but some of these issues I am unable to test (Opera issues, for example). SOE does not provide us with release notes with each forum software release so we're on our own with maintaining this list. If we keep this issues list current, it will be valuable to both the community and SOE. :)
  2. ARCHIVED-Fringe Guest

Great job Tstorm. If I notice any changes I'll be sure to let you know. Please keep up the good work. :-D
  3. ARCHIVED-Tyndaleon Guest

I read through the initial post but not the entire thread, but I've noticed an issue that to my knowledge hasn't been listed or addressed: Private messages you send, when you go to view them in your sent box, there is never any indication given whatsoever when and/or whether that private message has been read. On the Lithium forums, you always saw whether they had been read or not and I believe a timestamp given as well.
  4. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]I'm not getting the "Duplicate post submission" error very much at all, if ever. I think they might have done a ninja fix...[/p][p]This post is also to test this theory, since I opened three new windows to three separate threads while I was typing this![/p][p]EDIT: Yep, it seems to be gone! Anybody else still experiencing it?[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Tstorm Guest

I just tried on purpose myself after seeing this post. Kudos to Seagoat for discovering this was fixed! :thumbup:
  6. ARCHIVED-Tstorm Guest

Note -- I updated the list today and removed a handful of the 'search' related issues as we were given a vastly improved search form with the most recent update. :) As I look through some of the remaining issues, I am scratching my head a bit as some are for browsers/environments that I am unable to test myself. It is really helpful to know after a big update like this if the folks that have reported trouble in the past are no longer seeing the issue so I can fix the list.
  7. ARCHIVED-Isisalthea Guest

Great list. Just wanted to mention the having to re-log in everytime I come to forums seems to have been resolved with the last patch. :D
  8. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

The 'need to relog every time' issue is fixed for me with this week's update they did to the forums.
  9. ARCHIVED-Tstorm Guest

This has been a fun week. I have actually been removing things from the list instead of adding to it! :) Note -- I just removed the re-login issue. Thanks to those that mentioned it appears to be better now as I was never having that issue (not entirely sure why) Those of you that may note I am a bit sluggish sometimes with updating the list are correct and it is intentional! I figure after a forum software update there will be a few days of confusion along with the forum devs addressing some of the unforeseen snafus quickly (as we saw this time with avatars, titles, and bold subjects). To save myself having to add things then remove them the next day, I try to take a patient approach.
  10. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

I must add my voice to the masses asking for post preview, especially since some of the most-used features (quoting) isn't "enabled" from any of the menus. If you want to add it, there are "code" ways of doing so (I think) but you can't preview to make sure you are submitting something valid, rather than a collection of code. Also, non-quoted indentations would be nice. There are reasons for them occasionally.
  11. ARCHIVED-Pogball Guest

STILL having problems with Opera and forum home page - it does not size properly and scrolls horizontally for miles. Post this before but seems to have been ignored since its been on for months now - do SoE fix these things or am I being force to use IE?
  12. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]I'm pretty sure it's an issue with Opera rather than the forums. Granted, code should be displayed nearly identically across all browsers in an ideal world...but whoever said this was an ideal world? ;)[/p][p]You can use IE, or Firefox, or Netscape -- any one of a handful of more "mainstream" browsers. Many websites aren't designed specifically to look good in Opera because there just aren't that many Opera users out there to "worry" about. Most sites cater to IE, Netscape, and Firefox users, since the vast majority of their visitors will be using one of those three browsers. It's all about the numbers, unfortunately, and if you're an Opera die-hard, they're not in your favor. :-?[/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Pogball Guest

Thing is all the other pages on the forum are formatted fine, so its obviously a forum problem and something missing from the formatting. And was all fine prior to SoEs 'revamp' around with the forums a few months ago. Having been involved with the design of professional websites and one of the first things you do is check it works on browsers of all ilks because your customer is king. Something SoE seems a bit remiss with.
  14. ARCHIVED-Tstorm Guest

There was a new forum update today, but I am going to give it a day or two before I update the list. If anyone has pet peeves in the list that have been addressed, please speak up! The things I already know about that changed are listed here.
  15. ARCHIVED-bdlarmor Guest

[p]Preview!![/p][p]Quote option within the Editor.[/p][p]Pretty "standard" things IMO, and 2 reasons I don't post here very much at all =/[/p][p]And why does a line break have to double space? Do i have to write a bunch of garbage just to get my text to wrap to the next line. Seems kinda dumb. Writing crap to prove my point again and again and again and again.....[/p][p]posting w/o a preview[/p][p]/crosses fingers[/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-FireDragon Guest

predefined avatars are also missing for frogloks.
  17. ARCHIVED-Mronin Guest

The "log me in automatically every time I visit" option doesn't seem to work nice with firefox (though seems to behave properly under IE). Also the ever popular issue of not being able to switch personas to toons that are not guilded. As none of my toons are currently guilded I can't switch personas, where as before I could guilded or not. I don't know when this came into play but I for one call B.S. on this change.
  18. ARCHIVED-Proteck Guest

19. ARCHIVED-Mikkahl Guest

So "Notify when a reply is posted" has been broken for 5 months, and there has been no attempt to fix it?
    Also, I think this used by called "subscribing" to a thread. And didn't there used to be a way to display all the threads you were "subscribed" to? I can't find any of that now.
  20. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Messages read has not updated since Sept. 13. Every time I log in, it flags every post since then as new, since it thinks the last time I logged in is the 13th, regardless of how many times since then I've logged in. This is making it very cumbersome to sift through the threads.

While there is already a seperate thread on this issue, I figured a post in the stickied issues list might grab someone's attention.