Forum Issues List

Discussion in 'Forum Help and Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Tstorm, Mar 4, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Tstorm Guest

I'm very curious to see what this turns up (technology geek here!). :) On eq2players.com, I know the "character to post as" thing is for the guild forums I believe (not sure if it carries over here, though it probably should!). I am a bit wary to get into tracking bugs/issues on eq2players.com, but if the official forums have a preference that is supposed to interact with eq2players and isn't doing it properly, I'll definitely add it to the list!
  2. ARCHIVED-Tstorm Guest

I'd never noticed this myself (the obvious often misses me!), but yeah you're right! I added these to the list. :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Tstorm Guest

Interesting. My unguilded characters still do not show up so it may be some other issue going on. I think for now, I will leave the issue as-is, though I may need to change the wording some if it's different for some people. Poor forum devs!
    Good one. I think I'd seen someone talking about that before, but I just forgot to add it to the list initially. Added it! Fringe wrote:
    That was already there (unless I'm missing something!). :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Fringe Guest

[p]You are correct, that last one mentioned was already on the list and I missed it the first time around.[/p][p]BTW, thank you for all of your time and effort on this project. As a forum junkie I highly appreciated everything that you are doing. I look forward to the day that this board can make the statement that we all hope for. It will be nice to have a fully functioning board that we all had a part in it's evolution. Thanks again.[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Certain smilies destroy posts. The ones I know of:[/p][p]:mrgreen: :XD: :thumbup: :thumbdown:[/p][p]It also seems like anything between two certain smilies gets cut out. (I've noticed this in my sig thread, where I have to paste a lot of graphics and enjoy using smilies; some posts I have to disable smilies altogether because they bork things so bad.)[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Tstorm Guest

I'm having trouble reproducing this. Is it just in signatures that this happens, or is it anywhere? Can you give some examples?
  7. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Tstorm wrote: [/p]
    [p] :thumbup:[/p][p]Trying to quote the entire post just above this, including a smiley in the line just above this, to see if it chops out the middle.[/p][p] [/p][p]EDIT: Typing a smiley, then some text, an image, some more text, and another smiley...[/p][p]:XD: Jackdaws love my big sphinx of quartz.[/p][p]:thumbup:[/p][p]End test. 8)[/p][p] [/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]It didn't happen with the original post, but with an edit. Here's what the above post was supposed to look like:[/p][p][IMG][/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

I forgot to check the other day, but as of a few minutes ago, the boxes are unticked again. I'll try to remember to check my profile every so often to see how long it takes them to untick again.
  10. ARCHIVED-The_Patchwork_Rogue Guest

[p]I have one for the wishlist[/p][p]I would like to see the ability to add custom group designations for access.[/p][p]Currently the forums only have access based on Admin - Moderator - Member - Player - Station account - Anonymous. I would find it very useful to have multiple "member" groups. For my guild it would be used for making a discussion thread on recruits - so the members could discus if a new recruit was a good "fit" to the overall guild. I would not want recruits to be able to read this thread but currently have no ability to do this without giving everybody in the guild Moderator status (which is not happening).[/p][p]Other guilds may use it for similar reasons or to provide forums for their crafters only - or for guilds that do officer training at certain ranks.[/p][p]If making a custom group function would prove to be too much of a problem - they could just break "member" down to the guild ranks of leader all the way down to recruit. that would be kind of a pain in the butt from an admin point of view but at least the functionality with the current database already exists (if they would update the EQ2players database, which is another problem entirely!).[/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Tstorm Guest

Love it! :) I'm sure the forum devs will appreciate a working example too. I think what I will do though with this one is add it as an example of the "WYSIWYG Editor does not always result in identical post" issue instead of making it a new issue since they're really talking about similar things. In case anyone hasn't figured this out yet, we seem to be using the TinyMCE editor as our WYSIWYG editor. It sits on top of the Jforum forum software. I think what we're seeing with bugs like this is that the TinyMCE editor is generating HTML that Jforum either hates, filters, or otherwise decides to change once you hit the "submit" button. You will actually notice similar issues if you copy & paste tables from a word processor or similar where it'll look fine in the editor but when you go to actually post it, it gets royally messed up. The bugs aside, I am pretty encouraged from what I see with the functionality available in the packages SOE have chosen to implement here. Once the kinks get worked out, this could actually be very nice. Don't get me wrong as I am somewhat critical of SOE with regards to the state of the forum system we are currently being exposed to. I think SOE could have delivered a much cleaner experience for us, particularly since EQ2 was one of the final games transitioned. I just think that what we have is what we have been given and we can either dwell in the bad or be a little more forward looking. :)
  12. ARCHIVED-Tstorm Guest

I am always start squirming in my seat when it comes to documenting guild forum issues here. It is a forum issue so it could be here, but it is really an issue that is unique to the guild forums which is an EQ2Players.com feature. I also must admit I am a bit naive with regards to some of the EQ2players.com features (such as guild forums) so I'd have trouble verifying some of the issues. I am open to further discussion, but I think a better place for this is probably on the EQ2Players.com Forum. If an issues list hasn't already started there, I'd suggest it might be helpful to the community and the devs to start one that would be complementary to this one.
  13. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

[p]Is it futile to ask that the 'editing old (e.g. pre-forum changeover) messages results in gibberish' bug be fixed? I maintain a big honkin' FAQ on the Dirge boards and I'm afraid to touch it to do an update because doing so turns my carefully-formatted work into something that came out of a compost heap. It doesn't even work to delete the entire thing and re-paste text; which would at least allow me to keep things where they are and not make some poor moderator mess with the stickies yet again. [/p][p]The link to what happends when I try to edit old posts is: [/p][p]http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=196178[/p][p]Whysprr[/p][p] [/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-Tstorm Guest

Whysprr@Kithicor wrote:
    I doubt it is "futile", but based on some of the other things currently in the list, I suspect it is a pretty low priority in the grand scheme of things. Out of curiosity, have you tried making a new thread and then copy & paste information as needed from the old thread to the new thread? That way, you could make sure things end up looking right and if it does, I'm sure if you PM a moderator, they'd sticky/unsticky as needed.
  15. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

[p] That's the next step -- but it's about a 2 hour process if I have to edit the formatting. Hopefully not, though. [/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

[p]On the "Wish List" there should be an option to 'ignore' a section.[/p][p]I never want to read anything in 'non-gameplay' section, PvP, or Station Exchange, and several others like 'other servers'.[/p][p]Hey, it's a 'wish list'.[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-Fringe Guest

[p]I'll second that.[/p][p]Also, could we please have the Log In issues mentioned in the following thread added to the Functionality Not Working Right section: Link[/p][p] [/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-Luhai Guest

as already posted here the forums layout is totally messed up under Opera. This seems to be a problem on every page with the "Who is online" list. Here's a screenshot: [IMG] (for the rest of the tables I need to scroll to the right) Most of the time the names aren't even shown at all, I just see a huge box full of nothing with that small icon somewhere far to the right.
  19. ARCHIVED-Tstorm Guest

Just a note for everyone -- I am not ignoring updating the list, but like many folks, I am having trouble editing posts. I figure if the "edit" issue isn't addressed soon, I'll create a new thread that includes these newer/updated issues and ask that the stickies be swapped. Grimwell seems to be well aware of the "edit" issue, so I'm hoping it won't be too long!
  20. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]I'd like to request a slight tweak...[/p][p]If anyone uses links in their sig and they don't specify a "target" attribute (which most people won't), all links try to open in the tiny 500x150 sig iframe. This is a silly behavior. :p The easiest, fastest fix ever would be to add this to the sig page code (the page that's called to display a user's sig in the iframe) between the <head> and </head> tags:[/p][p]<base target="_blank" />[/p][p]It would save everyone a lot of trouble, as well as free up valuable characters. ;)[/p]