Forum Issues List

Discussion in 'Forum Help and Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Tstorm, Mar 4, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Tstorm Guest

Verdance@Mistmoore wrote:
    Good one! Added to the list. :)
  2. ARCHIVED-gm9 Guest

Verdance@Mistmoore wrote:
    Just look at the source of the entry page of the forums. It is titled JForum and you'll see information like this: <meta name="author" content="www.jforum.net"/> <meta name="copyright" content="Copyright (c) 2003,2004 by www.jforum.net"/> And certainly the overall forum structure and icons look like JForum. Looking at the copyright tag, maybe it is an old version of JForum they are working with and hence the missing functionality. :?
  3. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

[p]Good list, I think you covered most of what I see as wrong with these new forums. Over all look and feel is extremely hard to quantify.[/p][p] Even Eq2Flames remembers which messages I have read and skips them, and that is just some guy in his garage running it.[/p][p] Why didn't they at least get the freeware/shareware that sites like EQ2Flames use to use as a starting point.[/p][p]A major communication tool with their customers has been destroyed and rendered useless.[/p][p]Is SOE trying to kill this game?[/p][p]Customers want 'better' communication, not 'worse'. This is exponentially worse, than the few bugs we had with lithium.[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Didi Guest

[p]I noticed this very odd number of answers displayed today in the newbie forum:[/p][p][IMG][/p][p]When I posted an answer (mine was the only reply) the count moved to 0 answers. Hmm![/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Didi wrote: [/p]
    [p] That's been discussed (with an answer from an admin, too!) just a few posts down. :)[/p][p]http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=351339[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-TSR-JasonC Guest

This one is my top beef. I've got a lot of posts that I need to fix to reflect the new deep-linking, but when I do, it nukes the formatting and plasters cooked HTML tags all over the place. Highly aggrevating, to say the least.
  7. ARCHIVED-Didi Guest

OK, I'm blind! :D Checked through this thread but didn't think it would be in a separate thread so didn't think to look ... :shock:
  8. ARCHIVED-Tstorm Guest

I just added the "-1" answers issue to the issues list in the first post here. I was holding off putting it in since it was a brand new issue and I wasn't sure how quickly it might be fixed. We do seem to be seeing at least one new forum software push per week from what I can tell, so there is hope that we will see this issues list shrink over time instead of continue to grow! :)
  9. ARCHIVED-gm9 Guest

Workaround: Turn off JavaScript before editing, that will allow you to edit the HTML source. :wink:
  10. ARCHIVED-Laeal Guest

My suggestion for "Desired Functionality Lost" would be the option to turn off signatures when viewing forums.
  11. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]I've also noticed that if I tick all the boxes for my EQ2 characters on my "edit profile" page to make them public, then wait a day or so, the checkboxes all become unticked again.[/p][p]I'm not sure what behavior on the forum triggers this, but I've given up on reticking them every day. :-/[/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Tstorm Guest

Hmm. If you go to eq2players.com, log in, and change your preferences there does it stick? It sounds like the profile on the forums isn't pushing your eq2players preferences properly.
  13. ARCHIVED-Fringe Guest

[p]Out of curiosity, has anyone else noticed how great the Test Server Forums are compared to here? They have such a nicer look and many of the missing features as well. Kind of odd if you ask me.[/p][p]Check out the Search functions.[/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p] If I go to this page, I can choose which character I want to post in on the forums. (The alignment of that page is screwy, BTW, and all of the characters in the bottom section have male avatars instead of female!) I have my main, Riannon, selected on both. All ten of my girls have public Bio, Rankings, Alts, Profile, Gallery, Factions, and Achievements. (Why have public PvP or Arena stats when I don't participate in those areas of the game?)[/p][p]The thing is, none of these settings are new...I've had them set this way since just after the forum transition. I'm going to go back in shortly and retick all those boxes on my forum profile; I'll let you know if they switch back tomorrow, as I expect they will.[/p]
  15. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Another annoyance to add to the list:[/p][p]When you reply to a PM, it gets prepended with "Re:" (no space after, which also makes me twitch). The thing is, with every reply, another "Re:" is added, resulting in rediculously long subject lines: "Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Oh, Hullo!"[/p][p]Is there any way to tweak the PM code just a bit so that just one "Re:" is prepended?[/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

[p] You will note that that forum is NOT run by SOE.[/p][p]Too bad they chose JForums instead of phpBB, of course I wouldn't bring php into my corporate environment either, but there has to be an alternative somewhere.[/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-Fringe Guest

[p]I believe that the above issue has been added as I now have my previously missing non-guilded characters listed as options within my forum persona window.[/p][p]Please add to the Desired Functionality Lost section:[/p][p]- The ability to click on our user name in the upper left corner of each board to access our recent posts list. This was something that we could do with the old board but now have to find a post of ours and use the Profile button or use the search feature (which we all know just isn't going to help).[/p][p]- The ability to see which threads that we have posted in via visual cues on the thread folders for each board. Again, something that was apart of the old board and is currently missing. [/p][p]Thank you.[/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-Fringe Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    [p]I'm guessing that you meant that that forum isn't run by SOE. If so then I didn't realize that, my mistake.[/p][p]That is a very sharp looking & functioning board. We can only hope that the SOE web designers take a look and get some inspiration. [/p]
  19. ARCHIVED-Tstorm Guest

I added this to the list. I don't remember it being an option with Lithium (correct me if I'm wrong!) so I added it to the 'Wishlist' section.
  20. ARCHIVED-Tstorm Guest

The search features of this forum are clearly ... lacking. It is difficult to understand why it was so poorly implemented, but we don't have all the facts. As for the look & feel, a lot of that is just forum skins. If you know CSS and use Firefox, I know you can use the Stylish extension to make tweaks. Forum skins are a personal preference, but I fully expect SOE to churn out some better looking skins (check out the skins for the other SOE games in your profile) over time as some of the pure functionality issues get addressed.