Forum Feedback (Official!)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Chikkin, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

Beyond the "Whats New" at the top it is very difficult to tell what forums have new posts or not. +1 on getting "new topic/post" icons.
    Seliri likes this.
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

I just wanted to confirm that the words **** and noob are really censored.

So SOE had a marketing campaign Gnoob the Gnome but the word noob is censored?
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

hehe I actually liked Gnoob the Gnaked Gnome. Triple G was a good advertising gimmick imo, I know he made me laugh.
  4. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

A thread page in Firefox, when not logged in, has its pagination elements annoyingly squished into the path links near the bottom of the page. Logging in does solve it by inserting the reply field between the two sets but I'm not always logged in when I browse.

We badly need more topics so we can portion out the various issues and requests into easily-readable bits that don't scroll off the page in hours. "Bug" forums would be good, subforumed like the Support ones.

Bug and Issue Forums
    Zone Bugs
    Mob Bugs
    Default UI issues
    Character issues
    Item Bugs
    Quest Bugs
    Other bugs and issues

Maybe a bit like that. I'd certainly use it if it were implemented in some way similar.
    Seliri likes this.
  5. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

/bug in game is for Bugs.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yes, it is. But posting them has historically gotten them more attention faster then a simple /bug.
    Seliri likes this.
  7. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Wait you mean to say /bug is not a void? *gasp* and next you're going to tell me /feedback and /typo aren't voids either.
  8. Katniss Guest

Please allow editing of posts like we had on the old fourms!!!

And I also think a couple additional subforums would help keep posts from spamming by so fast. Right now, I think topics are getting lost quicker and it'd be easier to find information you might be looing for by going to a specific subforum.
    Seliri likes this.
  9. Yoshimi New Member

Shiny forums. Please can we have more choices for the Avatar picture? Like one of each gender/race for starters! :D
  10. Atan Well-Known Member

I just reinstalled AdBlock just so I could do this, and it makes it SOO much easier to read. Granted I've been saying since these forums went online that the background needed killing.
  11. Atan Well-Known Member

Please bring back the sub forums. I'm a very regular forum reader, and even I am missing tons of threads cause they quickly get burried to the 5th page or so.

We should bring back a Zone and Population forum, and bring back an Item sub forum. Both categories are very important and I'm finding I easily miss a thread on either subject currently.

I understand Drex that having it all in one place makes YOUR life easier, but it is a detriment to us forum readers and contributors.
  12. Mae- Well-Known Member

Can't seem to get this to work in Chrome =( I can't target JUST the background. Can you share the filter that was added when you did it so I can make it work?
  13. Eveningsong New Member

Actually, when I bother to login I can see which forums are read and unread -- but it's backwards to any other forums I've read. Usually forums that have "new" posts are the highlighted ones, and the lighter (greyed out) are the ones read, but here it is always the darker/highlighted ones that are fully read.

However, once I enter a forum with new posts, I find it almost impossible to figure out where I should start reading. All of the threads look identical, nothing is highlighted to flag what has unread posts. And it would be really nice if the "pinned" flag was on the left side to make it obvious which threads I can skip past.

Edit: and what the heck do those red !! mean anyways??

14. Mermut Well-Known Member

Why is there no forum for testers to actually make threads and post bugs for things that are 'in testing'? It's not possible for make new threads in the 'In Testing & Server Updates' forums.
    It makes it rather hard to bring bugs and problems to people's attention....
  15. Feldon Well-Known Member

This is what I have blocked:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/styles/eq2/bg.png
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/styles/eq2/content_bottom.png
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/styles/eq2/expanding_title_left.png
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/styles/eq2/expanding_title_right.png
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/styles/eq2/top.jpg
    Atan likes this.
  16. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

I support more of the missing folders - Zones, Items, In-Testing (bug reports), also more avatars or ability for custom ones.
  17. Mae- Well-Known Member

18. Onorem Active Member

I don't see any difference in font for the generic Forums page. Using Firefox, the threads with new posts in the subforums are clearly bolded and have the red !!.
  19. Dexella Associate Producer

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all the feedback you've been providing thus far. These forums are still very new, and I know there's quite a bit to discover and figure out in terms of how they work, how to find things, what features are available, and more.
    Some of the aesthetic changes that have been brought up, such as additional avatars and a stretched skin (like EQ has), are being worked on. We do not have a delivery date for you at this time.

The edit lockout time will be staying. This is to protect and preserve the conversations as they happen. If you have more to add, by all means, post a second comment in the same thread. :) We may change this for some individual forums where there is a historically proven need/culture for updating older threads, but it is not necessary across the board (such as in General Gameplay).

I also want to address the "missing" forums. The subforums aren't "missing" -- no need to put their picture on a milk carton. ;) They were removed, as announced on the old forums before the transition. We are still discussing which subforums will be the most useful and productive before we introduce any additions.

Now, even though we haven't made changes or additions yet, it does not mean we're not listening/reading the threads or that we're not going to make changes. As with all transitions, this is a process. It takes time, conversation (on these forums and behind the scenes), and the work of multiple parties to get this all accomplished.

Thanks again.
  20. Eshaac Active Member

Thanks for the reply and Update Dexella. I do hope that making it easier to see whichj forums have new posts since last visited is something being worked on too. Having vision probs is bad enough, but tring to see if the forum icon is lit up or not on these forums is hard to do..

Eshaac
    P.S. Can we ole Testers get our "Tester" title back. :D