Forum Feedback (Official!)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Chikkin, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Afista Well-Known Member

Please, please, please make the change to remove edit lock for the Homeshow forum! *Offers Dexella a plate of fresh Frostfell cookies*
    Taysa, Katniss, Darkmoogle and 2 others like this.
  2. Afista Well-Known Member

sorry, don't know how I posted multiples :(
  3. Afista Well-Known Member

(oops) *sorry, hit reply instead of edit* /sigh
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

It's alright. Though the edit timer is to keep posts concrete so people don't go back on their words. Just post a reply, yes it makes things a bit longer but it means you must be sure of what you said before you navigate away. Perhaps only an extension on it but keep in mind the Reds are bound by the same timer we are, they are not specially privileged.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Thanks for the style, Feldon. It makes these much smoother and easier to get info about new threads, etc too
  6. Mae- Well-Known Member

Much better, Feldon, its unfortunate the orange text in links and certain people's insistent use of it for EVERYTHING still looks terrible, but what can you do? =P
    Terein, Wurm and Seliri like this.
  7. Seliri Well-Known Member

the arrogant incompetence & dismissal is a vile upset & seemingly a SOE trademark

pressuring community members to compromise in their requests is also a SOE trademark

that IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE ARGUMENT

original posts are often the center for collective brainstorming & the monitoring of progression

they are the FOCUS OF THE THREAD & therefore are REQUIRED TO BE EDITABLE AT ALL TIMES

if someone wants a record of what was said, THEY QUOTE THE POSTER WHEN THEY POSTED THE POST

i mean like, are you serious right now brah? <-- prime time to pull dat dere cliche disappointment rhetoric (repeat 3-10 times vocally with crazy eyes)

totally unacceptable to side with bureaucracy when it perpetrates villainous folly
    Guiscard and Pijotre like this.
  8. Wurm Well-Known Member

;)
    Guiscard likes this.
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

Some screenshots if people are curious what my theme looks like. Again it's not a radical departure but just lots of little nips and tucks to make things easier to read and fix the CSS bugs.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Terein likes this.
  10. Drumstixx Active Member

Thank you Feldon, and thank you web plugins for existing to fix bad jobs of the internet.
  11. Terein Active Member

Thank you Feldon, that looks so much better. I'm still holding out for the EQ1 theme being ported over here though. :D
  12. Feldon Well-Known Member

13. Guiscard Active Member

How do we get this plugin you have created?
  14. Feldon Well-Known Member

If you want my Stylish (that's the name of the software lol) theme, you need to install Stylish plugin for Firefox or Chrome and then load the CSS file. If you are using Greasemonkey or some other plugin, I can probably get you the CSS file for that. Not sure for IE.
  15. Guiscard Active Member

I

Alas I use IE -- thanks though
  16. Feldon Well-Known Member

It's nice that IE has dramatically improved the speed and CSS support in IE9 after years of breaking the web for every web designer out there including me, but having such a limited Plugin/Theme ecosystem is shocking.

I looked at IE7Pro but their website is half-broken and I couldn't register. I sent them an e-mail. When they fix it, I can release a version of these theme for IE7Pro.
  17. Hammdaddy Active Member

Only forums that matter.
  18. Terein Active Member

Honestly most of what gets posted on that site isn't worth the time it takes to read it anymore, it's still great for class related information, that's about it in my opinion.
  19. Feldon Well-Known Member

Most of the number crunchers have moved on.
  20. Estred Well-Known Member

Agreed Feldon, I still have a few points to be made on the Guardian boards that I am having two conversations regaring AA still and what we feel would make the skills more fun to use and make more specable options for both Guardians and Beserkers but beyond that... most people who really know mechanics and the numbers behind them have stopped posting. The most common posters I see that I can remember are.
    Feldon, Atan, Wurm, Guiserto (spelling?), Myself, Mae, Ana...something (sorry) and Ebofu. Thats just off the top of my head.