Forum Feedback (Official!)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Chikkin, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Terein Active Member

They seem to be going out of their way to make sure we can't give good feedback or make informative posts, I really don't get it, but if they don't get their act together the forums are going to end up just as dead as they were before. :\
  2. Seliri Well-Known Member

posted this earlier, but whatever the joopy-doop-doop-dew man... ~_~

· 1.) No user metrics at the bottom.

· 2.) No custom avatars.

· 3.) No options to change posts displayed per thread page (must be up to 50, 100, or preferably, infinite).

· 4.) Thread pages don't show up til you mouse over thread subject.

· 5.) Reduced forum sections.

· 6.) No veterancy/join date recognition.

· 7.) The 35 min edit window MUST BE MADE INDEFINITE ASAP.

· 8.) No black background/light font templates.

· 9.) Thread/post width too slim, not economical usage of page length.

· 10.) Auto-logout needs to be erased, defaulted to off if left as an option.

Would Lol if any of this gets addressed in a timely fashion.
    Pijotre and Terein like this.
  3. gingin New Member

The only thing missing from the new forums is the SC button to pay to post or pay to have a custom avatar or change the way it looks. They have manage to put the SC button in every other game window. Just pointing out the obvious.
  4. Feldon Well-Known Member

Due to the way XenForo is architected, this is actually impossible. I was shocked when I read this, but it's true.

ROFL
  5. Lygerr Active Member

i would also like to suggest a "dislike" button. all this positive reinforcement popping up is making me a little ill.
    o_O
  6. Masa New Member

SOE.....you are running a business. It should be someone's job, who is in a position of power, to review these forums everyday and make sure there are no legitimate questions unanswered. Minor quest issues...fine...ignore them if you must. But account issues...you owe answers or at least status reports on those. There are multiple threads today regarding login, station cash, missing character and other issues. Yet there has been no comprehensive answer from anyone in charge. Not a single status report or ETA for fixes. Look at the world around you. Everywhere you turn firms are providing instant responsive customer service. What exempts you from this standard?
    Terein, Pijotre and Feldon like this.
  7. Lygerr Active Member

they don't owe you a response, and most issues do get attention. sometimes not as quickly as we would like but there is an order to things..
  8. Masa New Member

Did you actually say that they, the service provider, don't owe us, the customer, a response? Seriously? Of course they owe us an answer.

Imagine comparable scenarios. You walk into a pizzeria, order a pizza, pay your money and wait for it to be prepared. Yet after waiting and waiting, no pizza is produced. You ask the server and get no answer. You ask the hostess and get no answer. In fact, although you have paid and placed a clear order, no one will give you any sort of answer, and ignore your questions.

OR...let's say you rent a space in a parking garage. Each month you pay in advance for the service. Each night you drop off your car with the attendant, who then parks your car in the garage. Each morning you present your ID to the attendant and ask for your car. The attendant then retrieves your car for you. Now imagine one day you ask for your car, and the attendant fails to produce it. You ask where the car is and get no answer. You ask for an explanation and get no answer. You ask to speak with a manager, and you are ignored.

In either of these scanarios, and countless other analogies we could make up, it is entirely expected that someone will provide you an answer. Even, of course, if it is not the answer you want. If the pizzeria employee said..."oops...we forgot your order, but we'll get right on it," you might not be happy, but at least you would be satisfied that they are addressing it. If the garage attendant said "Sorry, we don't know where your car is, but we're looking for it," again you're not happy but at least satisfied they are working on it.

In this case, a player (me) has told SOE that Station cash and half the characters on the account (including my main) are missing, and have been for some time. You're telling me that doesn't deserve any response?
    Atan, Moldylocks, Terein and 2 others like this.
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

Prompt feedback from any company is rare but I agree with Masa at least some regonition at some point that the issue is made aware to sony and it is being worked on will reassure many players and reduce negative reactions. With a game as old as Everquest 2 the recommendations of Gold members are probably one of the biggest reason new people stay or become gold themselves. If the paying players are spreading that SOE has bad cust-rep then it will fall apart much like SWG did when they did not listen to their players.
    Moldylocks, Terein and Feldon like this.
  10. Lygerr Active Member

you guys are nuts. they would spend more time sitting on the forum babysitting people than actually getting any work done.

did i maybe forget to mention they do take notes? even if you may not hear anything.
  11. Caela Well-Known Member

I would like to revisit the mobile experience. I just found out that Forum Runner supports Xenforo. This is a mobile app that makes reading/posting on forums through a mobile device a lot easier.

It's free for forum owners to install it. The app costs $1.99 and is available on iPhone and Android. They even have a custom branded option (though probably not free for forum owners).

I would kiss a dwarf if we could get Forum Runner.
  12. Feldon Well-Known Member

ForumRunner is owned by InternetBrands, who are suing XenForo.
  13. Caela Well-Known Member

That's unfortunate. Forum Runner still has them on their home page as a supported platform.
  14. Mythien Member

The color of the background makes parts of this forum unpleasant to read with light text and reds being used frequently. As a suggestion I'd further increase the lightness of the main text area for ease of reading and to accommodate red/orange color usage that gets lost in the current background.

User names would also look better in bold. Red names are especially hard to read in light text.

Otherwise looks good.
  15. Masa New Member

Huh...guess I still don't agree. I have a 24/7 uptime garantee with my ISP. I have service rep phone number in the event of downtime, and in 10 years, someone always answers that phone. Every time. They either fix the problem, or tell me someone is working on it and call me back when the status changes. In the rare instance I'm not back online, they credit my account.

Lygerr seems to think I'm nuts because I want an answer as to why I haven't been able to play my main toon since Sunday AM. While I might agree that the forums isn't the best place for answers, my in game petition function does not work (as with marketplace etc.), and when I finally got someone on the phone, their only response was that I need to petition in game....Sense a trend?
  16. Kinya Active Member

Can we get Zones and Population forum back please?

No idea why you didn't add from start... Unless you simply want all those threads about broken encounters to be lost in General Gameplay forum so no one sees how many bugs there is?
    Terein, Pijotre and Feldon like this.
  17. Ynnek Well-Known Member

If it hasn't been mentioned already, AdBlock users can:

Right click somewhere on the parchment background, Adblock: Block Image, select the top line item to only block that image from loading, refresh the page.

No more parchment background. No more brown text on a brown background. Text is 20 times easier to read.
    Tylia, Atan, Onorem and 3 others like this.
  18. Feldon Well-Known Member

Thank you! This makes it SO much easier to read!
  19. Wurm Well-Known Member

SUB FORUMS!! IT IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE!!
    Terein and Pijotre like this.
  20. Eshaac Active Member

I have but one problem with these forums. I can not tell which forums have "New" posts. Those little gold arrows stay the same to me. I would have thought they'd be "darker/brighter or something, but not to me. The old forum at least the folder icons where darker/brighter in color and you could tell when there was a new post since you were last there.

Just me 4cents..
    Eshaac
    Estred likes this.