Forum Feedback (Official!)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Chikkin, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Feldon Well-Known Member

Ok, with the Home button in the upper left, it's redundant to have Home > Forum > etc.
    Terein likes this.
  2. slippery Well-Known Member

I agree, they should just remove Home from there.
  3. Afista Well-Known Member

I agree that within the forum skin, the 'Home' link to EQ2.com should not be there to pull us out of the forums.

I would also love to hear if/when other forums might get the ability to edit posts? The guild recruitment forum did... but I'd argue that the Homeshow Forum (and probablly History and Lore) could really use that ability also. There are many people there who update single informative/ collective threads there. Adding to the same post pushes updated information further down the list. People tend to look to page 1 for updated information and not page through to find whatever it is they are looking for. And TBH, it's a rarity that you'd have to worry about moderation issues in Homeshow when compared to something like OOC or General threads.
  4. Toran Member

But But home takes you all the way out of the forum. :p
  5. Dexella Associate Producer

Hi everyone,

First, about the Home button. It has to do with how the software works. We cannot remove "Home" from Home>Forums>Etc. because it is linked to the top navigation bar "Home" as well and cannot be done separately. So, that won't be changed.

As for the other suggestions and comments, they have all been compiled and forward on to our Forum team, who will take them into consideration. The current priority, though, is to get all of our forums transitioned to the new software. Those transitions take precedence.

If you have other comments/suggestions, please send them to me directly. I will be unsticking the forum related threads by 6:00pm today (1/29/13).

Thanks.
    Terein likes this.
  6. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Will we be able to link or upload our own avatar pics and signatures any time soon.. or ever?
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  7. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

I too would like an answer to this, considering it's hinted at in the personalization section.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

When the forums first came out there was also official mention of a stretched version that didn't have the wide black bars on both sides and potentially a light text on dark background option as well. Is anybody official working on the forum design stuff any more?
  9. Mae- Well-Known Member

There's a stretch version, I use it.
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

Looks like SOE switched the forums to https:// (SSL) without telling anyone. If you are using my Stylish theme for the EQ2 forums, you'll need to update to the new style, which probably requires uninstalling and reinstalling it. Let me know if you have any problems!
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Thanks for looking into this, Feldon! *heads over to see if I can get it working again*

Edit: Unloading and reloading the new version worked like a chamr. Thanks again.
    Feldon likes this.
  12. Sambril Well-Known Member

Yeah I noticed that last week when your style stopped working for me and gave me a reminder of just how ugly the default is :)

I just edited the one I had - not hard to see where http needed to be changed to https - but thanks for not forgetting about it.
    Feldon likes this.
  13. Darbii Rue Old School Veteran Player

I love the new forums! I can finally post from my cellphone, huge step.

I was wondering if we could get some more avatars?
    For example, a female ratonga would be spectacular. There don't seem to be male/female versions of all the races, so that's essentially my suggestion.

Thanks and great work, it looks terrific!
  14. Eshaac Active Member

Yeah, we've been asking for new avatar from day one. As you can see it's not happening...

Eshaac
  15. Veeman Active Member

Overall love the new forums, the few things I don't like about them are:

1. You can't see who else is on like the old forums.
    2. Unable to get to the archived old forums.
    3. When banned you should still be able to access your inbox. Not sure you could with the old forums either.
    4. Wish the classes had their own directory instead of all, say Fighters in one directory. Not interested in everyone else's problems, got enough of my own. :)
  16. Darbii Rue Old School Veteran Player

Yeah, I didn't go through all 27 pages to see what had and had not been suggested. I was on my cellphone and it was pretty early in the morning (and then I fell back asleep haha).

Well, hopefully they add some more soon. The fact that I have to be an EQ2 logo because they don't have any female ratonga's makes me... a sad ratonga. :(
  17. Feldon Well-Known Member

This is a built-in feature of the software and was turned off. :(

We've been asking for more Avatar choices since November 2012.
  18. Pixiewrath Active Member

On the old forum we could use customized avatars and that was great, so I don't know why it hasn't happened here yet...
    Eshaac, Veeman and Feldon like this.
  19. Eshaac Active Member

More likely so no one could tell when a dev was on and send direct pm to them knowing they were on...

Eshaac
  20. Feldon Well-Known Member

The old forums had Who's Online functionality from 2007-2012.
    Eshaac likes this.