FIRST LOOK! Caster's Realm has the new Dirge helm!

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Kendricke, Jun 4, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Evadne Guest

The bad news Zarzu, the hat you have in your sig changed to a plain chain hat. I was extremely sad to discover that the other day. The cloak hood look is gone.

~Eva
  2. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

I really dislike the Tam in orange. But part of that might be I'm a tier'dal and well that color will look awful on me. But, in my head i think the Blue Tam will look prety cool. I like the style of the new dirge hat, just am not going to trade my orange swashy hat for the orange Dirge hat ;)

I do wonder what the nightchord hat will look like now though. Now that it has been brought up. Can they even set the look of something based on class?
  3. ARCHIVED-vinterskugge Guest

I may be a troub, but my question affected dirges too.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lordviperscorpian Guest

Those hats remind me of that 1980's girl scout troup movie...and the evil girlscouts all wore hats like that. I think SoE is really trying to tell bards something...
    Message Edited by Lordviperscorpian on 06-06-2006 01:46 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-SageGaspar Guest

I think it looks neat. Give 'em a bagpipe or a marching drum and take that crew into battle :D
  6. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

*ponder* can a level 63ish get a Hoo'lah before the LU goes Live?

I -do- hope the non-Hoo'lah is the same graphic just a different colour. I like the look, I don't like the colour. If the orange wasn't quite so -orange- it might not look too bad.. but that would also depend on the other armor, too. I could go for a more golden orange, that would look nicer with my gold glyphs *nod* (and would probably look nicer with blue skin, too).
  7. ARCHIVED-aloevita Guest

Honestly? A first glance, I thought it was a fox snake wrapped around someone's head.
    Thanks for posting them!
  8. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

Vinter, your post was on-topic. I doubt that was referring to you, and was instead referring to the "SK please" and "Crafter please" posts, which, while I'm not normally elitist, do seem to be right on the tail of the lone dev response we've had since before LU 13.
  9. ARCHIVED-Didi Guest

Well I think it's gorgeous -- VERY stylish, the orange is perhaps a little bright, but wow, this makes me want to roll up a dirge! :smileyvery-happy: I think this is the nicest of the class hats so far! :)
  10. ARCHIVED-djinnz Guest

some people are never happy, thats a unique and nicely designed helm, never going to be to everyones taste, but i cant see how anyone can complain with the obvious effort thats gone into that.
  11. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

I think the comment on not hijacking the thread was more in regards to the SK, necro and tradeskill hat comments. The nightcord was a very valid question that hadn't even crossed my mind. :p
    Edit: Heh godstalker beat me too this :D
    Message Edited by Salmastryon on 06-06-2006 05:55 PM
  12. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

Yeah you can get it just need some people willing to help ya. ;) And not be afraid of death via AoEs in places like PoA and HoF. If you want drop me a line and well work out some times to get you through it.
  13. ARCHIVED-Icarii_Raven`Lyon Guest

Totally wasnt talking about you Vinter, I wondered that too. I was talking more in reference to the other 2 posts.
  14. ARCHIVED-Icarii_Raven`Lyon Guest

In regards to the comment that someone made about all the work that went into designing the hat:

I agree with you completely. I also agree that you can never get everyone happy, as a matter of fact, I was thinking that as I read the posts on the guardian forum about their hat.

I honestly couldnt tell you if whether I like it has anything to do with the design or just the color. I hate berets is general, but this one looked pretty good from a certian angle, though I didnt like it too much from the direct front. I love dark elves, but in general I didnt like the orange/black in contrast to the blue of the skin, so it could also just be that it was modeled on a dark elf.

Truth be told, though, as I mentioned earlier, getting my relic hat in the next week and a half is just not going to happen (with luck on drops, added to the fact that I have a very nice hat, and wouldnt want to take the relic from one of the other 6 or so chain wears in my guild just cause im scared of the new graphic), so Ill be seeing how it looks in blue no matter what :).

I do wonder on the nightcord one, especially since they havent done the troub hat yet. Im going to go out on a limb and take a guess, and assume itll stay how it looks right now, but hey, Ive been known to be wrong :)
  15. ARCHIVED-Kendricke Guest

Troubadour hats aren't changing with Update 24. However, per discussions at FanFaire, the Troubadour hats WILL be changed.
  16. ARCHIVED-Zaviur Guest

Lets just say I'm glad /hidehelm is in the game.
  17. ARCHIVED-Icarii_Raven`Lyon Guest

The problem though, is that the nightcord cap is Troubie/Dirge only, but currently has the placeholder bard graphic of the swashie plummed hat. So were wondering if itll take on the new dirge look, or stay at the current graphic. Not sure if our confusions was conveyed properly.
  18. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

Kendricke's already changed his sig for his new hat! =)
  19. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

I'm kind of torn on this new hat. On the one hand, it is certainly distinctive... on the other hand I think the old one honestly looks a little better. Guess I'll take unique over cool =p
  20. ARCHIVED-SageGaspar Guest

The current troub hat is actually a little bit of a different model from the swash, I think it's more pointed and heart-shaped from what I remember, plus their feather was all wavy when they ran and the swash one is static.