FIRST LOOK! Caster's Realm has the new Dirge helm!

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Kendricke, Jun 4, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

Ok if this is our new design and we're losing the aswomness of the **** hat then its time we own this.

Lotus said:
    The colors seen in these screen shots have yet to be touched by art. This dirge hat will go through one more color re-vision before it hits live.

Well then if thats the case anyway to make the trim the orange part and to invert the ... ummm metal looking part that covers the hair? That is take the VERY orange part and make it the same shade as the black "shingle" things on the back, then take that black shade and use that for the metal part that covers our hair?

This would keep the same black to orange ratio as our current hat and well get rid of some of that orange..... also if the Nightchord version(which may or may not look like this) keeps its blue trim itd look really nice.

Really what Im trying to say is MUCH less orange and more black. Maybe even keep the feather as a part that changes color with the type of hat, as is the case now.

Now for something really funny go to goodle.com and do an image search for scottish tam. Look at the second result and laugh.

Androw
    Najena
    Omnia Vanitas
  2. ARCHIVED-Dechau Guest

They could atleast have given it another color..

I sure hope I can chooe what hats to change myself as I have Hoo'Loo, Sonorant and Nightchord already..
    Will farm Vault to see the new one, and if I like it I will change the other's if not I hope I can keep them as they are now..
  3. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

Apparently the orange and black thing is mandated by the fact that it is the Hoo'Loh reward. It's thematic...
  4. ARCHIVED-Lindar Phamoncry Guest

aaah.. fair enough... not afraid to admit when I didnt read somethgin thoroughly enough or am mistaken =P thanks for bein civil about it :smileywink:
  5. ARCHIVED-Soldross Guest

Ok, I know it's a Tam and I know that it has to remain orange and black but it can't just be me.

Didn't anybody else hear "Raspberry Beret" by Prince when they saw it? :smileyvery-happy:
  6. ARCHIVED-BloodyDragon Guest

Us Dirges are really musical people I guess. The current hat design made me think of Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal right away. Now this one is bringing up another song another, for lack of a better term, "unusual" artist :smileyvery-happy: If that hat was red I might have thought the same thing!
    I'm just glad we can keep our old style hats! Thanks for the clarification Lotus.
  7. ARCHIVED-WinterAnarth Guest

I just reallyreallyreally hope the new hat graphic looks different on males... As the first thing I thought was "Darn... I'm going to look like a queen when I get that" That hat model is really not made for a male character so I hope we perhaps get something that looks perhaps a bit more appropriate for a guy...
  8. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

9. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

other than that being on a very very poor graphics setting..

does this mean it now has a grey-ish bottom or is it just the exceptional wash-out of the low low low graphics setting?

Gads.. that's an impossible picture to tell -anything-
  10. ARCHIVED-Laromor Guest

That hat may not be the Hoo'Luh one... could easily be the Repic hat... or any other dropped version of our class hat. They are all suppose to have different color scemes.
  11. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

She is right though with that low quality of a screenie and the wierd gamma settings the colors are probably not accurate. I know the colors of things often look different on my mom's computer compared to might cause she runs on high performance and I run on high quality. A lot of this is due to the details she loses.
  12. ARCHIVED-Lindar Phamoncry Guest

curious to know how many will show it lol wish I could snag the graphic for the pre LU24 version thats for sure... screamed through my Hoo'luh quest to avoid it but just not able to raid for it as much as I would like :smileysad:
  13. ARCHIVED-Zarzu Guest

l' am lovin' it :-O
  14. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

I saw one today. Very spiff. I'm tempted to switch my hoo'luk hat. (must resist hold out for relic hat) That being said anyone know about the nightcord hats?
  15. ARCHIVED-Fromingo Guest

I missed doing quest before patch. I don't want to look French. I was looking forward to the nice **** hat on my rat. Wish they'd just let you pick the style from the 2 choices. :smileysad:
  16. ARCHIVED-Lint26 Guest

Now its live I actually like it and have traded in both my relic and Hoo'lah hats. Think the relic looks nice in the blue. And thank god they got rid of the orange for the hoo'lah version!
  17. ARCHIVED-Cielago Guest

Hello,
    do you have a good pic of the Hool'uh ( sp ? ) version ?
  18. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

Yeah, I'd like to see some good picts of the live versions of the hoo'luk and the relic hat. (Whenever I go on a relic run no chain seems to drop....) *pouts*
  19. ARCHIVED-doubleblade Guest

so will the Nightcord 1 be black and blue if its traded in ?
  20. ARCHIVED-Icarii_Raven`Lyon Guest

I dont know of a way to trade in teh nightcord. As far as I know, you can only trade in the sonorant and the Hooluks