FIRST LOOK! Caster's Realm has the new Dirge helm!

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Kendricke, Jun 4, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

"Class Hats" may refer to any of the hats that have the new class-specific (or nearly specific) looks and happen to be locked to one class for use.

We don't have a regular-play dropped version of our class hat currently, we only have the Hoo'Loh, Sonorant, and Nightchord (which is class locked not subclass locked, to add confusion) hats.
  2. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

I like it. I just don't want an orange one. ;)
  3. ARCHIVED-Kendricke Guest

Ask and ye shall receive (and thanks once more for modelling this):

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  4. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Ditto!

I like it. It's... different. But I don't like the orange. Gold, blue, red, silver... anything but... orange.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lindar Phamoncry Guest

I've been holding off on this as I couldn't wear it quite yet anyways... it just became my first priority... no way would I be caught dead in that hat shown... I appreciate the modeling... just think the hat looks... well... stupid

Right on for the guardians though! thats the coolest one I've seen yet!
  6. ARCHIVED-Evadne Guest

I am not fond of either of them.

Just a note, you must have the hat unequipped to change it.

Orange is just an aweful color. None of the armor (thankfully) comes in matching shades. If you are a wood elf with the orange hair, you might look good. But then, only leather armor would match it, not the sort of thing any self respecting dirge would wear.

A head band that respects existing hair, impossible to code I suppose, would be nifty. Dirges, bards in general are performers, and deserve to show off their big hair!

:)

Thanks Kendricke, Monday is just not my online get things done day.

Those are great screenies.

~Eva
    The virtually vain.
    Message Edited by Evadne on 06-05-2006 08:07 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-andersonim Guest

ty for the great screenshots Kendricke. However that thing is terriable! would much rather keep my **** hat;]
  8. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

Got to make one teensy correction, Evadne. (Are you taking that name from a Fletcher Pratt novel, by any chance? Been a long time since I read the Well of the Unicorn, I think that's where Evadne shows up, or is it in Glen Cook?. Blast these decaying neurons.)
    <But then, only leather armor would match it, not the sort of thing any self respecting dirge would wear. >
    What self-respecting dirge would wear armor that DIDN'T match their hat, my dear? It's all about style and pizzaz.
    OK, you'd get pasted into the next zone.
    Oh, nevermind. I like my hair, it'd have to be a terribly cool hat to make me cover it up anyway. (wanders off muttering about the unfairness of the universe)

Whysprr
    Whysprr Wyrdwynd (born during a severe vowel shortage) the Sultana of Splat
    Brethren (And what about the sistren, may I just ask?)
    Qeynos (but not ridiculous about it)
    Dirge & Bespoke Jeweler to the Scouts of Norrath (at least the ones who are willing to put their rares at risk)
    Some level or other (who knows when you're reading this)
    Kithicor server (when it's up and lag isn't too dreadful)
  9. ARCHIVED-Evadne Guest

Evadne is a greek name. Just a name. She was the wife of a soldier who killed himself or somesuch in a greek trajedy which is something I found out LONG after I used the name. I actually combined the letters on my own, 7 years ago, when I started playing EQ. I have played on test since 1999, first Everquest and now Everquest 2. The short version, Eva, has stuck to me like glue. Evadne is my provisioner Defiler on test and she has become an alt. My main character is Xeven(pronounced Heaven). But, in chat there are still those that call me, and I like it, Eva.

~Eva
  10. ARCHIVED-Zarzu Guest

hmmm i somehow like it i guess... need a relic coif to see how sonorant looks like ^^
  11. ARCHIVED-BloodyDragon Guest

Noooooooooo! That's even more hideous than I first thought. Please make it go away. It just makes me glad I have the Sonorant and Hoo'Loh's hat already. I just hope it is true that the current hats do not change. The same person that designed this hat, must have done those Blackscale Pauldrons too :smileyindifferent: .
  12. ARCHIVED-Asharad Guest

Christ, that is horrible.
  13. ARCHIVED-Tarkin-Wretched Guest

god that's ugly. maybe its one of those things that has to grow on you =). the orange is the worst part though for sure.
  14. ARCHIVED-Lotus Guest

This is the new quest reward for the Hoo'loh quest line. Another choice will also be available for the Relic reward. The colors seen in these screen shots have yet to be touched by art. This dirge hat will go through one more color re-vision before it hits live. Please remember that your current hat will not be replaced by the new ones with live update 24. It will be your choice if you which to switch to the new helm for the Hoo'loh or Relic quest line.
    Message Edited by Lotus on 06-06-2006 12:31 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Ooooo not the final colour? Woo! That means there is hope yet that it won't be orange *big grin*. I like it, I like the details, I -hate- the orange colour *nod*.
  16. ARCHIVED-Lotus Guest

It is Hoo'loh though so it will need to orange and black or similar.
  17. ARCHIVED-vinterskugge Guest

How will this affect the Nightchord Cap?
    Will that keep the swashy hat graphic, will it take this, or will it have a different graphic depending if a troub or dirge equips it?
  18. ARCHIVED-slyfer Guest

Will Necro's or SK's be getting a new hat also, because they share the same graphic. I myself think the current one suits the SK better.
  19. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

(*ahem* Tradeskill Profession hats.... plzr?)
  20. ARCHIVED-Icarii_Raven`Lyon Guest

Guys, with all due respect, just cause a dev posted here does not make it okay to hjack our thread.

Otherwise, Im sorta undecided. I really dont like the idea of a beret, but it may not be so bad in a color other than orange. Since I prolly wont get my relic hat until after this goes live anyway, Im prolly going to find out :). Oh well, theres always the hide helm option if blue doesnt save it.