First Ever Mount on the Marketplace!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Kiara, May 20, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-quetzaqotl Guest

he didnt respond to the featherfall issue tho featherfall>pompomfeet
  2. ARCHIVED-Uncaged Guest

covic wrote:
    Thanks :). As far as the Feather Fall issue, I bought a cat on the first day live and had already read via forums that it wasn't on them. If it gets added later, wonderful. If not, all I really want is what I looked at on the SC window. Sounds like that is going to happen. Gratz SOE for quick response.
  3. ARCHIVED-Loendar Guest

Grimknight@Kithicor wrote:
    I read the information when it was announced (I want to say I even got an e-mail about it that also stated it had featherfall) and had no reason until now to come back and see if I was the only one finding it featherfall-less. So, to me, it is a much larger issue than the pretty colored feet as I wouldn't have bought the mount at all if it didn't have featherfall that was advertised.
  4. ARCHIVED-ericsweeney Guest

I feel for you. But SOE's main arguement is that the Featherfall note never appeared on the SC mount when it was listed on the Marketplace. Nor on the bought item that appeared in your character's inventory. That's their official out for having incorrect promo information.
    I know that's really not a satisfying answer, but that's where things are. Besides it was the Featherfall issue that caused the bulk of the unrest over added mounts via SC, so I doubt that SOE is going to add it on at a later date.
  5. ARCHIVED-Loendar Guest

Dareena@Lucan DLere wrote:
    If they aren't going to add it (which is their option clearly) then I would expect refunds to be offered to those of us that purchased it under a false premise.
    Honestly, having never had a mount with featherfall on it previously I didn't know it was going to show up on the inspect information so that isn't really an out for them. I sorta figured that it was an innate ability of the mount as advertised.
  6. ARCHIVED-Brook Guest

vexrm wrote:
    Everything they need to do it is already there. If you wear a cloak with featherfall such as the Assassin masters cloak and you ride a mount you can jump off a cliff and featherfall while on the mount.
    Remember when they released those ugly bear mounts? You didn't even need a cloak to featherfall till they caught on that it was doing it and changed it, so the coding is already there for it and it really is just a matter of them turning the feature on.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Loendar@Unrest wrote:
    You'll need to contact CS. In-game via /petition would be the best option.
  8. ARCHIVED-Loendar Guest

Kiara wrote:
    I'll do so - thanks. When they tell me they don't offer refunds for Station Cash items should I point them somewhere specifically? Because I'm pretty sure that's what I can expect without some Dev or other SOE person stating implicitly that refunds can be offered. ;p
  9. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

vexrm wrote:
    If you think they do full regression testing on every change, you need to review their history a little bit. And yes I am completely familiar with 'those quick little changes', and the subsequent ZOMG! IF Feather fall isn't a bit switch like run speed would be an int or short int, then they should find new talent.
  10. ARCHIVED-Loendar Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    And considering some mounts DO have featherfall on them it would seem that the code on the mount object already exists.
  11. ARCHIVED-trovan2 Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    That, Sir, is a blatant lie and you should be ashamed of yourself. The change of these mounts is that in marketplace ALL items are simply fluff pets, cosmetic changes, or appearance armor.
    These mounts are actually USEFUL in the game! Not only do they apply mount speed (useful in any pve or pvp encounter), but other statistics too! The stats may not seem large, but in low level PvP/PvE it makes a huge difference.
    I never liked the idea of Station Cash (I think my subscription money should pay for the entire game, not be told I have to pay more money in addition to what I do already), but I eventually accepted it since it offered only cosmetic items (besides the EXP potions, which Im still sore about). The addition of these mounts simply enrages me and I feel like SOE has backhanded slapped me.
    First SOE states that in-game items will not be available for real life cash, then SOE comes out with station cash and says no useful items will be added to marketplace. What is SOE's 'official' announcment now? "Do not worry, if your not rich you can eventually earn the same items."
    I also find it very amusing how THIS thread has gotten at least ten times as many posts from Devs as other USEFUL threads that REQUIRE attention.
    I pay for two accounts, but from seeing this canceled one. If things like this continue I will cancel my last account left. Warcraft may not have a game as good, but at least Blizzard is more honest.
    I predict many other USEFUL gear/items in SC a year from now. Can't wait for PvP/Mark/Shard gear? "Available for at least a month, Mark and Shard gear now available on marketplace for those that want to get right into the battle!"
  12. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

I only spent my stash of SC funds on this because It was supposed to be truly heirloom, not attunable heirloom. I was really disappointed when I looked at my purchase today. I have been out of the country for only 2 days and see what happened when I left! I am glad this will be fixed Sometime Soon (tm), but upset that I had to wade through several days of posts to see what happened and that it was intended to be fixed.
  13. ARCHIVED-silverdragonwolf Guest

well, since it seems to be set in stone that Stat items are on the market place to stay, could I recommend that all SC gear be made Heirloom and NOT attunable?
    if we are going to have to blow cash on gear then we should be able to switch that gear between characters on the same account.
    I don't approve of the Stats on SC items, but looks like we are being shoved asside, as a Crusader from pre DoF days I should be used to being ignored anyway . . .
  14. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

I would like to say that I LOVE the purring noise that these Kitties make!
  15. ARCHIVED-quetzaqotl Guest

I sent in a petition bc of the no featherfall issue got a response back that they don't do refunds they only allow me to exchange the mount for other items in the marketplace worth 2500 sc.
    That's complete crap for lack of a better word, falsely advertising an item and when you want your money back they say just exchange it for something else in the store.
    I wonder if this is illegal tbh.
  16. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

quetzaqotl wrote:
    Retailers all the time have "no return, exchange only" policies.There are also disclaimers about adverts not being accurate with a "safety" margin that favours the retailer.
    The item itself never had Featherfall, no feather fall written on the item itself. If you bought it with an expectation of feather fall because you didn't look at the item itself, only the advert, then I doubt you could claim it was a bait and switch.
    However.. if you wanted to go to the bother of it, SOE's EQ2 development is California, and you could take them to small claims court over it: http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp/smallclaims/
  17. ARCHIVED-quetzaqotl Guest

I'm almost 100% sure the item in question had the description it reduced falling damage when I inspected it in the marketplace.
    Next to the advertisement saying it was going to have featherfall, I'm sure I stand in my right maybe in the US the company comes before the customer overe here it's the other way around (as it should be). At least they should refund my station cash instead of forcing me to buy a mushroom head and a fishsword and a broomstick to go with it within 72hrs all items I have no interest in whatsoever.
    But thanks anyway phoenix wright
  18. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

quetzaqotl wrote:
    nope ..
    Got THIS link of item pixs from page 12 of this huge mofo of a thread on the 1st day.
    None of the items have reduced falling damage on it.
    It was only listed on EQ2players as such.
  19. ARCHIVED-cashp Guest

Kaisha@Permafrost wrote:
    Only?
    You know in retail that's called false advertising and can get a company in a lot of trouble. I know that we have to honor whatever our flyer says unless we catch the error and make sufficient note of it where the item is located and at the register.
    We also have to honor any price tags that remain up on the shelf even if expired.
    Honestly for putting something like that on the article and not putting it into game... SoE got off scott free.
  20. ARCHIVED-quetzaqotl Guest

Hmm I could swear I read it online in the marketplace either on the item or in the description window to the right.
    They should give us, the people who bought the mount on false promises (or at least promises they didnt/couldnt keep), a refund but supposedly they can't do that (?) which is quite weird tbh gonna keep the ticket open I want a refund I have no use of buying a stupid mushroom hat etc.
    thanks for the snippet Mia Fey glad to see the devs got some legal backing heh this is so customer unfriendly... but hey it's SOE.