First Ever Mount on the Marketplace!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Kiara, May 20, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

What I want to know is how long a time does it take for a promise or someone's word as bond change from being a lie to it's just business and things change?
    If I told you something today and tomorrow it is different .... is it a lie or just things change? A week? a month? a year? two years?
  2. ARCHIVED-x82nd77 Guest

So you did keep your word on making them Heirloom, but you made it attunable heirloom... which means once attuned, it's still not really heirloom. I figured you would make it heirloom like the RAF mount is heirloom and actually USEFUL. That is why my wife and I bought the cats, since they would be useable on all our toons.... not just one. What is the point of making them attunable heirloom?
    If this was a simple mistake, fine.... understood and fix it please. If this wasn't then this was a CROCK and neither my wife nor I will EVER even open your marketplace again.
  3. ARCHIVED-Cinyth Guest

Kromos@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I agree completely - an "attunable" heirloom tag serves no purpose with this item considering you can purchase SC from any character on the account. The whole reason people were asking for heirloom in the first place is so they could purchase one cat and swap it around between toons. Hopefully this is an oversight.
  4. ARCHIVED-Andok Guest

That has to be a mistake, because here is a quote from Smokejumper on page 8:

SmokeJumper wrote:
    (emphasis mine)
  5. ARCHIVED-AnnalisaIcewind Guest

Let's hope this is just a mistake that can be easily rectified.
  6. ARCHIVED-Vmp Guest

If true, then this is a serious d***move.

Even though marketplace mounts are brand new and these are exactly the kinds of details that often get re-assessed and adjusted, they only have 3 basic possiblilites:
    1) Every character (present and future) on the account can claim the item individually.
    2) One character on the account can have the item at any given time, but it can still be passed around and shared among all the account's characters.
    3) Only one character on the account gets the item. (ever!)

In this (admittedly new) station mount situation, I think the chips fall thusly:
    1) With people's tendency to want want want, this would likely be what most players would vote for. However compromise here is reasonable...we don't always get everything we want. But would definitely be worth 25$
    2) The sweet spot. A good balance between players getting an item they can enjoy on all their characters (even with having to pass it around) and the business not having to give away the whole farm and saturate the game world with the item. Mildly debateable but still worth 25$
    3) Highly unreasonable for almost 2 months worth of subscription, even as a convenience item. Leading to people never saying a good word about the system again, and taking every opportunity to further undermine it. Not worth 25$ by any measure!
  7. ARCHIVED-laynesmart Guest

You have a really great game here and i have no problem with players buying stuff for that game, but your prices are a little to high.
    $25 dollars for a mount i get on one toon! Now that sucks. But i do love how all the devs and soe guys are SO buying one, who would of thought?!?
    Unless your going to cater to the none rich players with kids and bills to pay, i'll have to say no as well to a shiny new mount.
  8. ARCHIVED-ericsweeney Guest

laynesmart wrote:
    While I get where you're coming from, by EQ2 standards these mounts are dirt cheap. Relatively. Previously a special mount could only be found as a random Loot card in a LoN pack. Even Loot had a rarity system, so mounts were extremely rare. Some vendors which has a flawless reputation would sell LoN mounts online, but the going rate was always $200 - $300. I personally think that's a crazy high price, but that's just me.
    The Station Cash bought mounts have identical stats to the LoN mounts. Other than using new artwork, it seems that the LoN mounts are the formula of design. So from my point of view, buying a LoN mount for only $25 is a steal.
    Having said that, I still only bought one because I finally found a mount which matched the color scheme of my main character. They won't be something that I'll buy regularly.
    Yes, WoW uses a different mount selling mechanic. But the idea of paying a chunk of money for a single mount which isn't tradeable is a time honored LoN concept. Though if SOE holds true to their original promise, these mounts will be just Heirloom and not the Attuneable-Heirloom that they currently instituted today.
  9. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Heirloom - GREAT!
    Attuneable - Not so much.
    Mounts are attuneable heirloom, which seems to defeat what the dev was saying.
    I considered buying one, since it useable by a level 1, if heirloom and not attuneable so that a new character I roll would have a mount to start with.
  10. ARCHIVED-Maisland Guest

The mount looks cool... but I would never pay $25 for something that only one of my characters got.
    I also have a WoW account and I did buy the mount that the Blizzard store sells for the same price (which all of my characters on a single account got) and have had buyer's remorse for that (I am taking a break from WoW to make up the money, so my purchase of their mount is costing them my subscription fees for 2 months... in essence, they are losing money on my purchase). Paying the same price for something that a single character gets? No way!
  11. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Maisland wrote:
    I would definately have paid $25 for it to be added to my /claim window for each and every character "one per character".
  12. ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper Guest

The attunable is a mistake and will be resolved soon. They are supposed to be tradable between characters on a single account, as I stated before, even after use.
  13. ARCHIVED-Cinyth Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    Thanks for the update
  14. ARCHIVED-ravenkitty Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    when will this be fixed? tomorrow? or tonight? i got one, the caster one, but used it on the wrong character thinking it would be trans. so now its stuck on my pally @.@ -cries-
  15. ARCHIVED-Purr Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    Why not go one step further and make it one per character to claim? Saves all the hassle of moving it around via shared bank and would go a long way towards showing your good will in those tough economic times. I think a lot of people would appreciate it.
    Just my 2 c.
    Purr~
  16. ARCHIVED-cashp Guest

Or you could just make it 5$ so the micro purchase will be really that, micro.
  17. ARCHIVED-Elquinjena Guest

Well you guys do have a chance to win a SC mount
    Listen to EQ2's-day show today at 7:00 - 9:00 PM Eastern / 4:00 - 6:00 PM Pacific / 12:00 AM - 2:00 AM GMT
    AND
    The Jethal Silverwing show at 10:00 - 12:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 - 9:00 PM Pacific / 3:00 AM - 5:00 AM GMT
    at Onlinegamingradio.com
    How to tune in:
    Point your favorite media player at: http://live.onlinegamingradio.com/ogr.m3u
    Contact Methods:
    In-Game channel: /join eq2.guk.ogr
  18. ARCHIVED-gt4980b Guest

I feel kind of cheated. This is the first item I purchased from any cash shop. Reading what others were saying, I thought each character would get one...had no idea I had to trade it to each character. I'm happy with my mount since I only paid $10, but I don't think I will ever use the cash shop again. The shared bank thing is just stupid.
  19. ARCHIVED-DuneWarrior Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    Since we are currently in the 'spend your time actually PLAYING the game' era, how about it being CLAIMABLE instead so i dont have to spend my time travelling to a bank on toon A, to deposit it and then having to pick it up in a bank on Toon B etc. etc. ?????

A response, even a rude one, would be appreciated considering the price of this item is totally of the wall.
  20. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    Should we not attune it while we wait on the fix?
    Purr wrote:
    This would be much better. It's a hassle to have to drop it into the shared bank all the time. /claim would save a lot of aggravation.