First Ever Mount on the Marketplace!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Kiara, May 20, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Uncaged Guest

gourdon wrote:
    This is indeed a very nice write up of market priciples. However, even it is missing some of the other variables. While SOE has done a good job of muting plat sellers in game, they are still out there. Anyone who wishes to buy plat can/does. This alters the whole dynamic of the marketplace. Why do you think they have gone to a nearly complete system of upgrading equipment through no trade shards/marks/tokens. It is for a reason.
    While SOE has a pseudo monopoly on their game, plat sellers and websites selling their own LoN cards for rediculous costs changes this whole monopoly concept. And as much as you argue, they do compete with other online games. The relationship is complicated but WoW, LoTRO, DDO, Conan, etc., etc. all are competitors for SOE. While say 20% of EQII subscribers would never ever play WoW, 80% would if costs got too high, etc.
    Bottom line is SC in EQII is not exactly a monopoly. It does have outside influences. It seems to be EQII's one way to fight back at others stealing their intellectual property. But as I previously stated, I could care less if SOE makes trillions or $30 bucks/year profit. If I feel the game is worth it, then I will pay it.
  2. ARCHIVED-cashp Guest

Well, I told you I would and I did, if you guys would have simply said. There'll be a double SC weekend before these leave the marketplace.
    I'd never have griped. 12.50$ is still a little steep...but I want that mount.
    I bought one.
  3. ARCHIVED-Uncaged Guest

Vortexelemental@The Bazaar wrote:
    Cheers mate!
  4. ARCHIVED-Keirie Guest

Heh i bought two, one melee oriented and the other caster......both purple. lol Can't help it, the other colored mounts just did not go with my toons looks. :D

Now a question, when the prowlers leave the marketplace, do the people who bought them retain them? I would hate to have flushed $50 down the drain for some cool mounts. :( A drop in price sure would be luvly as i would get some of my other toons a mount rather then playing pass the kitty. ;)

I got an email the other day saying that there would be four more mounts introduced to the markeplace at the same price point as the prowlers, but I have as yet not seen said new mounts. When are they going to be available for purchase?
  5. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Keirie wrote:
    Things on the marketplace will prolly have a set amount of time in which one has to purchase the item. It doesn't mean those who purchase the item will see it go "poof". It just means it will no longer be for sale - in effect, an artificial collector's item.
    So the $50 you spend on the mount item is not "flushed" down the drain as you have permantly purchased the 2 mounts and will be yours to use from now until you stop playing the game or until you decide you no longer want to ride those mounts or until you decide to delete those mounts.
    If the great leader of EQ2 decides a drop of price just before the item vanished from the marketplace will generate more income, it might be tried. On the other hand it might backfire, since the next time another item appears with limited sales (per time), some peeps will wait until the end of the "sale" to buy it at a reduced value. Hence, if enough peeps do that, then the great leader of EQ2 may not put the item at reduced rate at the end of the "sale" time period.
    IOW, it all depends on how much income is generated pre sale at the full price and reduced price at the end of the sale.
    As to when new items will be available - only the great kahunas of EQ2 know for sure.
  6. ARCHIVED-Uncaged Guest

Alvane@Unrest wrote:
    Or better yet, buy up some double SC now and wait for new mounts to arrive. =-).
  7. ARCHIVED-covic Guest

Keirie wrote:
    Oh you will have those mounts forever, we would never take them away. The only thing that would happen is that if or when other mounts get made for Station Cash, we may not have the prowler available for purchase. But we would never take away anything you have bought.
    Dave
  8. ARCHIVED-DarkDragonVvvV Guest

Any hints about what the next ones will be?
  9. ARCHIVED-Purr Guest

covic wrote:
    QFE
    Great! - Can we now have a really nice looking horse WITHOUT all that plate armor? Or a REAL bear instead of those dire bear wannebees?
    And could we Kerra finally get a mount that doesn't make us feel like we're a burden on the cat species tree? Please?
    And this time please one per char instead of one? Thanks big time!
    Purr~