Fiery Blast relegated to useless after today's patch

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Udonn, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Veta Well-Known Member

I like what you tried to do here. It was a fabled crit and in a heroic zone. So my main point still stands. I can not break 3.6bil average in raid without a special crit.
  2. Zelox Active Member

This thread is now belongs to revelations, rip.
  3. Mogrim Well-Known Member

I wish Focused Casting was as "worthless" as Fiery Blast. Twice the recast, One Tenth the Value. #Whorelocks
    Kioske likes this.
  4. Kioske Well-Known Member

Mogrim, I was told that FC was working as intended by Devs in discord.
  5. Rondo9 Active Member

How about we stop derailing the thread and get back to original subject that Fiery Blast is totally broken and NOT working as intended which needs to be fixed ASAP! I bet summoners well have fixes/improvements this coming patch.
  6. Zelox Active Member

so i decided to do some testing today and got some pretty decent accurate data and the actual formulas for how fb is working as of right now but im not sure if i have the patience to make an actual post
  7. SacDaddy420 Active Member

Sounds like a good time to resub
  8. Zelox Active Member

rofl sup dude
  9. Rondo9 Active Member

\
    If you want to play anything other than a sorcerer, sure!
  10. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Yeah. I looked at some of Zelox's numbers. If the FB "resetting" thing gets fixed, look out beastlords.

And I'm actually serious. It would essentially be 5 times stronger than Focused Casting was, in it's prime. On half the recast.
  11. Freeheroic! Member

12. Rondo9 Active Member

Where are these numbers you speak of? How about we wait and see if it ever gets fixed first.

You just linked this thread!
  13. Mogrim Well-Known Member

My 3 month experiment back in this game has nearly concluded due to the heavy pay to win impact.

But essentially, I was seeing 300m-500m FBs from doing nothing other than casting t-clap and cancelling fb early.
    Essentially meaning, if FB didn't keep looping/resetting or whatever, it seems like it give a massive damage spike/boost/thing.
  14. Zelox Active Member

ok so since im too lazy to post screenshots of actual numbers you guys will just have to trust me.

as you cast spells these spells get calculated into the sum of fiery blast, IF the sum of fiery blast reaches the maximum value of this formula where 2147483647 is equal to the maximum value of an integer data type (2147483647 + (2147483647/(~25+-.00001))) = ~2,233,382,993 +- 100.00
    THEN once you hit that number of ~2,233,382,993 give or take about 100 damage (because data type and stored values issues)
    the sum of Fiery Blast then becomes a negative number (also because of data type issues). but there are functions in programming that allows negative numbers to always show as positive amounts so in the case of eq2 if you had an ability that did -100 damage and used this function you would do just a regular 100 damage basically... but what this means is that the damage you are actually recording are still positive but the sum of FB is negative at this point so what happens is your dmg that you are recording is negating against the sum of the fiery blast untilyoureach0,then it climbs back up to
    ~2,233,382,993 and the cycle continues... so yeah it very much looks like the root cause of all these issues is
    inherently a data type issue where fb's sum or a variable that displays fb's sum is declared in a data type that can't handle a high enough value. (this shouldn't really be too tough to fix)

here's an example of what this looks like in a really ghetto way with way less variables but it's just the concept of data type issues acting the same way as FB is now. in this example we are adding 1 billion damage to the sum of fiery blast that loops 20 times, you can see how after 2147483647 each time you add 1 billion to the sum it just negates it.
    [IMG]

there is also another problem with how SDA is affecting the value of FB but lets just say caith messed up in converting percentage to decimal :p honest mistake... but hilarious.

also here's new multiplier for FB btw
    (with prestige) 0.845*record-able_dmg = fiery_blast

then with SDA (not including SDA from casting speed) for some some reason that's not being calculated
    but..... if you have 100% sda then the formula for fiery blast's damage is like this:
    (0.845*record-able_dmg) *101 = fiery_blast
    what it should be - (0.845*record-able_dmg) *2 = fiery_blast

50% SDA is this:
    (0.845*record-able_dmg) *51 = fiery_blast
    what it should be - (0.845*record-able_dmg) *1.5 = fiery_blast

etc..
    Cragfire and Konc3pt like this.
  15. Freeheroic! Member

Bah, I meant to post that in a different thread!
  16. Melt Actually plays the game

So I'm just a really crappy wizard, but in my experience, the patch greatly improved my FBs, making them basically top my parse consistently. FB + ascension attacks. Get some good crits then start hitting in the billions.
  17. Zelox Active Member

well yeah that's because of caith's little error in converting the percentage of SDA you have to a decimal value which should be changed in an upcoming patch pretty soon.
  18. Rondo9 Active Member

If you are saying that FB cannot hit bigger then 2,233,382,993 +- 100.00 then that is incorrect

[IMG]

Breaking them FB's down it appears to be somewhere around 10-12% of record able damage.

Also FYI

[IMG]
  19. Rondo9 Active Member

20. Zelox Active Member

i still think it's some weird data type issue but /shrug
    also you can still hit harder than 2.2 billion i was just saying that is the maximum value it can store (at least while solo testing on an epic training dummy)... debuffs multiply fiery blasts dmg... but there may be some other weird factors tying into this that arent coming into play while im solo testing.

your examples are not controlled
    Mogrim likes this.