Fervor : Where to get It if you missed CD xpac?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Disrption, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Dinwuz New Member

Hi folks!

I do not and have not posted much here, but I really need to weigh in on a few subjects that have been brought up in this crazy six page thread.

Personally, I missed eight years of content and returned to EQ2 last fall..... nearing the end of CD and looking toward BoL at that point. I very much understand and feel the pain of a returning player playing catch up and the frustrations to become relevant. The disparity and roadblocks are very real to progress into Heroics, raiding, etc.

BUT! It can be done. It will not happen by hanging out on these forums and asking the Devs to fix the problem, and all of the people here trying to make you see their point are unable to fix the problem for you even if they want to. Only you can do this, and you better take a deep breath, put your boots on, and get to it.

You will need:
    • Select an active server (easier to get a pick-up group, generally more people to play with and get advice)
    • Select an active Guild (People are much more willing to help if you are wearing the same tag, mob-mentality at its finest)
    • Income - RL and in-game funds are a must. You cannot expect hours upon hours of game play and all the goodies for less than the price of a 2 hr movie and a small popcorn without doing the work. DBG and DarkPaw are not doing this for the practice, they have families to feed too. Some disposable income thrown at the game drives the economy in both the game and RL. Don't be afraid to spend a little money.... it isn't cheating, it's entertainment.
    • Freaking ask! The silliest things I see are folks who literally stand around in - game doing little to nothing, hoping someone will grab their hand. Inspect other toons, if there is something you've never seen.... ask! I bet they will be happy to tell you how you too can have that uber piece. Then you have to do the work.
    • Did I mention..... do the work?
    In roughly five months back to game, I brought my main character and one alt from zero; to earning my raid slot again, to top 3 parse. I say this sincerely not to brag, but to say this was the goal I set myself and I found a way.

The vast majority of people I have interacted with along the way have been very helpful; you see, we all know this game is dependent upon new/returning players to keep the servers on.... we want you to stay, we want you to feel relevant and love it as much as we do, warts and all.

Blue adorns.... yeah, the folks before me have told you several ways you may acquire each of them, and yes, you will probably have to actually ask for help.... but if you are willing, you will probably find others willing. Then, after you are uber powerful and crushing little bug bosses.... perhaps you too will help out the next returning or new player.

That is all... back to the show!
    Tajar, Raff, Cravaro and 1 other person like this.
  2. Raff Well-Known Member

I'm just curious why some new and returning players think they deserve the best loot of a previous expac just because they came back after a few years and bought the new expac?
    Sigrdrifa and dirgenoobforreal like this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Doubtful as I have no idea what that is. My characters haven't joined anything, nor gone on quests for the city guard, etc.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You aren't grinding it, sheesh! You kill all the names, either the heroic names or the T1 raid names. NONE of the T1 raid names are particularly difficult to do.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Do you own a mercenary? The buff looks like a gold or silver coin in your maintained spells window.
  6. Dead Alt Account Well-Known Member

To summarize:

1) I pay-to-win.
    2) I got my blue adorns when the content was current content.
    3) Everything is awesome.
    Jaeded, Argosunited and Whatever999 like this.
  7. Dinwuz New Member

1. I pay to play. I expect nothing for free or a handout. We either pay in cash, blood, tears, or joy; but we all pay.
    2. Nah, few were still doing these things at the end of the xpac, but I found people to go.... I didn't stand around.
    3. You know what? With all the things that could go wrong, be less thought out, or just be fubar that are not.... yeah, things are pretty awesome.

All the best to you and yours too.
    Drona and Dude like this.
  8. Twofeets Active Member

Great way to kill a game! Face it, unless players return or new players are added the game will continue to decline. No one is asking for freebies, simply a way to catch up. The reality is returning/new players dont have long time friends, they dont have the best of guilds, and they dont have access to raid the old content. Yes, previous expacs required repeating old content, but much of it could be solod, or at least grouped. This is no longer the case. With an influx of new blood, the game will die... wonderful business model.

It would be simple to solve without 'giving it away. Put some of the fervor items on a merchant which requires new coins. Problem solved, attend 100 PQs and buy it, or go without, but at least there's an option. To simply ignore the player base as the game dies is idiocy.
  9. Dead Alt Account Well-Known Member

Because it was much easier for you to get them when the content was current because many people were playing the current content. Now, it's much harder to get enough people to help run old content, especially if they already have the runes, and when they want to run new content.

I also remember you berating other healers who were complaining on another thread that it took too long to kill mobs in solos with statements like "sorry the game has gotten too difficult for you". Of course it was easier for you since you had the old-content runes and were running the zones with over 200 fervor....LOL.
  10. Julesholland Active Member

I stopped raiding about three years ago but sill dollied around keeping my toon upto date with signature quests and such like, however not grouping and raiding during those years was to have a consequence.

I decided to come back and pay some serious attention to my toon and did all the solo content that was available to me and got my resolve to just 5 short of t1 raid and potency up to around 139k with potions

I then took the step into grouping, firstly, wow that is difficult to do, I play a bard and the demand for a bard is limited and there seems to be a lot of bards on the server (Thurgadin) looking for a group. I finally got a group and sucked, I run act so I know I sucked!!! Potency was to low, Fervor was to low, Crit Bonus was to low... bear in mind I had fully plat infused my toon and done what I could within the current content, still I sucked and now find it even harder to find a group.

I asked about joining a raid force and from chatting with various euro/british timed raid forces, there is no demand for a bard. which I suppose is a good sign for the health of the remaining raid forces...

So I stopped investing in the toon, it can already run through all the solo stuff without breaking a sweat, why spend more on it when it is not going to play with others?

It seems I have to just play solo, which is fine tbh, just a shame when people speak about the game saying you can catch up without using the marketplace, simply put you cannot. I have attached my character here if you can see something obvious I have not done (except update my spells, which I can do but decided to save my plat and rares)

https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/876174361066
  11. Tabri Well-Known Member

Thing about a troub is raid forces usually only want one for the mage group and use dirges for the other groups(well usual setup), so you could always betray to a dirge?

I looked at your specs your doing well pot needs to be over 140k though, your health is way too low even my health on my conjie is sitting at 215 million hp and my fervor is lower than yours I dont raid on her either. There is a bug if you havent respecced since you came back you need to redo your AA so your health isnt stuck low, put as many points as you can into health, also your ca's do indeed need to be upgraded which helps tons if you cant upgrade the current tier at least have the last tier ad3 and use those instead. Only other thing I see is your dps mod, it needs to be over 5k Im sure others can give more tips thats all I know for now I just came back after 4 yrs also :)
  12. Drona Well-Known Member

1) MMO are pay win and/or grind to win. I don't see why one is better than the other. Oh and rich people always win! You don't want to pay now and you didn't want to grind win when the content was new.
    2) Any player right now can get 3 blue runes with less than 1 hour of effort. They can get 4 with 2/3 hours of effort. If that is too much, then I don't know what to tell you....
    3) EQ2 has problems but despite that many people are having fun and that what matters.
    Dude likes this.
  13. Drona Well-Known Member

Troubador are one the best class this expansion, its not even funny. They can regen mana like chanter and bring in other great utilities. I would argue Troubadors are better than Dirges! Jester's Cap and Aria of Magic are top spells and doing great damage this expansion. In our raids we have 3 Troubadors. I don't bother with getting a chanter if I have Troubador for groups but its better to have both!

There are many things wrong with your AA and your gear and adornment setup. Did you ever wounder why most people have 250+ million hp but you only have 44 million hp?

You have nearly 140k pot and 5.7k CB. But your gear isn't fully infused so this can get even better. I don't see a single temp adorns. With them you will reach nearly 6k CB. Your fervour is low but your pot and CB above average.

You are in guild with some of the great bards on our server so I recommend you look at their setup or speak to them for advice.
    Dude likes this.
  14. Raff Well-Known Member

There are a lot of things I almost said here. But I changed my mind about feeding the trolls.

Done with this thread.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Nope, not there.
  16. dngrmse Active Member

Which three, and how?
    Jaeded and Whatever999 like this.
  17. dngrmse Active Member

This thread seems to be running off the rails, so I will summarize my thoughts, and bow out.

1. Fervor is a big deal in this expansion. The only stat that can't be improved significantly by playing solo content, which is why I believe it was a simple oversight. If you want to transition into heroic content, 75 fervor is just not going to cut it.

2. It's a simple fix, add similar blue runes, though not as powerful as those from CD to solo loot tables. Those with better runes will obviously keep theirs, those without will have a way of improving fervor in this expansion.

3. I haven't seen anyone ask for what others had to grind for. I haven't. Can we please put that nonsense to bed?

4. Yes, some fervor runes from CD are easy enough to get, such as the one from Kael, if your character meets entrance requirements, and you find someone who as a toon parked at the merchant.

4. Yes, some fervor runes from CD are going to be difficult to get. Can we please stop pretending otherwise?
    Whatever999 and Laita like this.
  18. Drona Well-Known Member

1. Ragebourne Insight - Keal vendor.
    2. Celestial Rune of Reactionary Strike - Go the the vendor in Myrist the great library. He sells box of weapons and one of them has this equiped so unadorn it.
    3. Achievement for killing Wrackland solo named awarded one of 4 blue runes (this used to be red).

4. Celestial Rune of Mysteries - Kill all CD heroics named once.
  19. Raff Well-Known Member

\\\

How about this Two Feets? We are setting up a raid for Saturday morning (1-25-20) at 10AM CST on AB to take folks to get the 70 raid adorn. I'd like to invite you and your wife to come with us. Not sure what server you are on...but the invite is there. Come play with us for a couple of weeks, get your raid adorns, then go back to your home server ....if you want.
    Drona, Laita and Dude like this.
  20. Laita Well-Known Member

That's awesome, please announce in channel if there are any openings :)