Fervor : Where to get It if you missed CD xpac?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Disrption, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Compete is exactly the problem. We can't just log in, finish a few questlines, polish our characters a bit for a month, and then just join groups for the fun of it and camaraderie. Our group mates will get frustrated by low DPS or low heals or low threat (depending on class). That was always somewhat true, but you could work on your character some more and then you were ok. Not now. The effort needed to join groups is far too much and the complexity has multiplied beyond what people can just jump into.

Example: there's not even a way that I know of, to find just snacks on the broker. You can tell someone the exact name of a snack and they can find that ONE snack, but the way I've found others is by using Potion+Handcrafted or MC. That's really hacking for that item, but it does indeed have charges. Is there a better way? Maybe, idk.

The way these things go, we'll get a series of "this mob will no longer do effect X" until the content is more reasonable for more players. Then it will be summer when it will be Tinkerfest and Ethereals time (both of which usually make the previous expac's content either moot or nearly moot). Then days of summer and then finally IF you buy the next expac too, then you can take part. And don't miss an expac ever again, or ELSE!! LOL

I got a 40 Fervor proc Red Adorn recipe with two charges from the Overseer quest. And then realized I wouldn't be able to get two manas to make it. Even to trade charges with someone I'd have to have the two manas for my own charge of their recipe. Here's the saga of red adorns and why so many are attempting to swap charges of red adorn recipes: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...where-do-i-get-uncommon-lunar-material.592890

That simply has to be a mistake. With initial potency for heroics requested in LFG at 145k, or minimum 140k, there's no reason to hurt people by making 40 fervor impossible to get. If you're returning, and using Heartbound, your fervor buff should be around 80-90, an additional 40 would be peanuts compared to the 250 that many are walking around with.

Raid members are offering in general chat to use THEIR mats to make your adorn, if you happen to have the red adorn they need. That's basically my only hope of getting one at this point.

I wouldn't bother to ask for sympathy on that, it's just a fact. To be honest, running the CD content is the LEAST of my problems. My server regularly runs the CD PQ and will ignore calls for the Recuso Tor one in favor of the CD one at certain hours. Maybe that's happening on your server too. Ask around.

Um what you just described is complicated.

And snobby.

They disabled orange adorns. They should've disabled blue too and just had red and white, with a path for all of us to make them. But then YOU would've been the one crying. Do you really think that a group of developers who can grok the complex math of EQ2 combat, and has come up with ways to allow our stats to continue to increase in innovative ways, isn't capable of balancing the game, so that casuals can join you, in your inevitable forays into heroic zones ,when you need a few bodies to fill up the group? No, they were bowing to you instead of returning players.

And now you're shunning the returning players because it makes you feel virtuous to have done these complex things.

None of us have refused to do the complex things. Try to be nice. Since you claim to have felt the frustrations yourself.
  2. Revanu Well-Known Member

Greater rune of mystery is only available once you kill the contested x4 in kael.
    ragebourne insight was the freebie people got after years of crying for why guk meta was too hard and they were incapable of fixing so dbg caved to the masses,

rune of mystery (55 fervor) is general rune from doing all t1 mobs or maybe all t1/t2 heroics
    rune of ember - flawless shorthand all mobs in fire zone
    Breanna and Semperfifofum like this.
  3. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I just Googled Heartbound. E'ci on ice skates. Smh.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  4. Thornfinger Member

Where does Ragebourne Insight come from?
  5. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I think the reason things carry over in EQ2 isn't to "make it harder" as some sort of character test.

I think it's because if they did this, then raid guilds would have nothing to raid for at least two weeks while they geared up to do the new raids. After Dec 17th, the next raid night, I bet most raid guilds were raiding something new, or at least attempting one of the raids and doing another from CD. Think of the effect of doing a full reset on raiding.

But that doesn't mean it has to be quite this much of a carry over. And this expac we're dealing with more bugs than I've seen before (though I missed a few).

Also, tourists bring money. It wouldn't hurt to be slightly more tourist friendly. More people would mean less P2W.
  6. Sious Member

Well this is weird,
    i'll tell you a secret, if i would be a new customer and buy the game 2 day you know what i have to do to get to bol ?
    i have to do ALL the stuff before, if i go quick i miss a lot and i go slow i gain a lot. The stuff your talking about it only relevant for alts of active players, not for new ones. I can't launch need for speed and go buy a Ferrari or somthing else and guess what if i uninstall it and install it again 7 years later i still can't !

it's previous content if you want to skip it while going to the end then you miss rewards, simple as that.

I do understand it's not fun for new players and it might be steep but i can't see a solution where they give everything to new / returning players without semi insulting the work the rest of the server did in the months / years before.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I can't even make sense of whatever that means, but you keep on being awesome!
  8. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Actually it is not impossible. The price of two manas on broker is about 3 millions last time I checked. You can get 3 millions by selling BoL master book or two. Surely, Master book is not easy to obtain, I only have got one so far. There are other things that can be sold on broker too.
  9. Shunty New Member

So what I need to do is:
    1) Get RNG recipe from overseer quest
    2) Get master RNG drop from wherever
    3) Sell master
    4) Buy manas
    5) Craft rune
    6) ...............
    7) Profit

As someone sitting on 75 fervor these kind of replies are laughable. As are just get a PUG raid, do previous content to get rune.

I spent good money on THIS expac, I shouldn’t be forced to do previous content to be a valid player in BoL.
  10. Drona Well-Known Member

The current system is not hard and it gives a nice balance between meaningful progression and returning player's needs. I don't believe we need to water down the current system as I think a social player can join a guild and get many of these blue rues fairly quickly.

Tourist may bring a small burst of money but they can ruin a community as well. A MMO doesn't need tourist, it needs players who will stay for the long run and willing to be part of a community. People who expect everything handed to them in sliver platter don't stick around, they get bored easily and then move on the next game...
    Stibbie and Evguenil62 like this.
  11. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

You don't even have to scroll down to see posts that go back to Wednesday. This game definitely needs some tourists. It also needs some return visitors. And it needs a way for both of them to be able to catch up to be able to do simple heroic content and progress. Blue adorns should have been disabled just like orange. I came back in November, highest character was 95 adventure level, I am not using a single piece of gear I got from PoP or CD except for the blue adorns. it's this way every expac and should be. It always has been. I can go farm old raids that drop lvl X0 gear for which ever alts I have and as soon as they finish a quest in X1 area that raid gear gets replaced. It should have been systematic.

EQ2 is undoubtedly a P2W game at this point, and that's fine with me. The CE mount proves that by itself. I've invested wisely over the 20 years I've been playing the franchise and could buy anything I want from the marketplace, if I see a value in it. I haven't upgraded to the premium CE yet because the extra potency from the mount does me no good w/o the fervor.

Besides the fact that it isn't a good situation. fix, for a lot of players less fortunate financially, it is money left on the table. The locals, residents if you want to use tourists as a descriptor, subs are not what is keeping this game running. It's the cash shop and EQ1s rabid TLP base.

YMMV of course.
    Whatever999, Kryzia and Shunty like this.
  12. Drona Well-Known Member

Some progress *always* carried over even from beginning in EQ2. I would argue it was worse back then than it is now.

If you raided in vanilla EQ2 back in 2004, the raid gear was so good that you could easily easily skip MC gear in DoF and go straight to heroics and in some cases into raids. In many cases raid gear was only invalidated by the next tiers raid gear. Many top end raiders went from raid to raid in new expansion! However in BoL, we now have top tier raid gear being invalidated by solo gear!

Epic 1 weapons lasted 2/3 expansion, so was epic 2 weapons. Many people only got rid epic 2 weapon they got in KA in CD raid weapons.

Summer event rewards were so good they also lasted 2/3 expansions.

Have you looked at trade skills rewards? Things from 5 expansion ago are still useful and must have items.

We never had complete reset of progression in EQ2, BoL is the closets we have to complete reset....

The game need new players who will STICK around and it needs to weed out tourist who are just visiting. In my humble opinion, people who won't put in "little" extra effort won't stick around.
    Obano likes this.
  13. Shunty New Member

How long do we need to stick around for before help is forthcoming? Just so I can plan accordingly. Thanks
    Whatever999 likes this.
  14. Drona Well-Known Member

Help from whom and what for?
  15. dngrmse Active Member

Well. I've been visiting for nearly 15 years now, and this fervor mess needs to be fixed. An easy way to do this, add runes to BoL that provide -not quite- the same amount of fervor that the three blue runes from CD do. CD people keep their superior runes, new and returning players can jump into current content a little easier.
    Whatever999 likes this.
  16. Drona Well-Known Member

What are 3 blue runes you mean?

These?
    Celestial Rune of Mysteries - 2 hours max with 120 level player with solo BoL gear.
    Rune of Embers and Rune - Nice to have but not must.
    Ragebourne Insight - this is already free and its the best of the 3 blue runes.

Also one of BoL solo achievement gives a different blue rue which is also nice.

Note you can only have 3 blue runes equipped with current gear.
  17. dngrmse Active Member

There's a blue rune from CD that gives 70 resolve. Another that gives 25, and the one from the merch in Kael, which gives 35.

And yes, only three can be equipped at a time, which means those that have the 'better' runes, wouldn't be swapping them out for lesser, easier to get BoL runes...should they ever exist. Easy fix, and helps new/returning players ease into current content.
    Whatever999 and Kryzia like this.
  18. dngrmse Active Member

Fervor...not resolve.
  19. Drona Well-Known Member

The 55 and 70 runes don't stack. Its one or the other so as I said, you can get the 55 version easily now.
    The 35 from Kale is free, you just need to go there.
    The 25 one is Rune of Embers nice to have but not needed. You can use one of the blues from BoL instead of this.

If you must have the 70 rune and 25 runes, join a guild which does raids. CD raids can be 2 grouped.

Because of lack of fervor overcap, you will find yourself capping fervor in group when balance synergy is active. Aim for around 200 fervor and you should be fine for now. Its potency and CB you really want.
  20. dngrmse Active Member

Which one is the 55, and how is it obtained?