Fervor : Where to get It if you missed CD xpac?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Disrption, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Kavaa New Member

Idk what server you're on but if you're on skyfire I'd have the mats to make yours and some plat for the other use. Same goes for anyone else on skyfire with recipes struggling to get mats.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  2. Gnomfu Active Member

You are right we have different game design views.
    I just think the lack of blue adorns available in the new expansion is a flaw - not saying more powerful, but just available. Game mechanics changed this expansion and new equipment should be available on all types.
    Because if we are caring about new players having to do old content and not having options available in the new expansion, then alts shouldn't get rewards on achievements that mains unlocked.
    Argosunited likes this.
  3. dngrmse Active Member

Clear all heroic, and event heroic instances in CD.
    Semperfifofum and Sigrdrifa like this.
  4. dngrmse Active Member

They can even provide somewhat less fervor than CD equivalents. I'd just like to be in the same ball park as everyone else. Better gear, and adorns, will still have to be earned, just like always.
    Whatever999 and Semperfifofum like this.
  5. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Thanks for offering. But to be honest, I need both charges, because I play with my husband and I wouldn't sell his charge of this.

I thought about making a deal on the Glory adorn recipe I have, and decided that this whole thing is silly. I probably will just wait until distillations/dillutions is out. It's inane to make us wait like this when there is crafting for a reason. But if they think this is fun, then whatever.

The half charge thing doesn't goose the economy. I could easily get 5 million for one charge, then go to the broker and pay the same person's alt 5 million for the manas I need for my own charge (thankfully prices seem to have dropped a tad but are still stellar). So they got it for free.

Yes in the end we both got our adorn, but I'd use my Glory on my tank which I've learned from previous expansions that it's foolish to try and be a heroic tank unless you're in a "frequently grouping" guild. So basically this system enforces the "some people solo" mechanic. And if I solo, then I don't need glory. I will give more thought to selling both Glory charges, but I don't plan on making anything for myself unless I made the mana, though transmute or recipe.

I'm pretty much out of plat now that I've fully infused. So a 1 for 1 trade of plat to mana isn't going to help me much. As soon as I get heroic drops, I need plat again.

The only reason why the mana prices are obscene is because the game doesn't have the proper recipes to make manas. And this has been a strategy of the game design for several expacs. So it doesn't surprise me, just annoys me.
  6. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Wait, you can transfer off Isle of Refuge now?
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Yes. It's a tidy moneymaker, allowing folks to transfer over to IoR, wait a month while buying things they want/need, then transferring back.
  8. Raff Well-Known Member

Alternatively, park a couple of alts there and just leave em there with a krono or 2 for those special moments :p
    Sigrdrifa and Dude like this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Strangely, my low level characters, all low on the same account, show a fervor of 1% when first created.

One of those accounts now shows 1.6% and I haven't a clue how that extra six-tenths of a percent came about.

I have read this thread, and I'm still confused about fervor... except its needed at upper levels.
  10. Duress New Member

I'm a returning player. The last time I played EQ2 was when 100 was the cap(AoM I think), so I missed out on the Fervor rune from CD Heroics. Is it possible to solo CD Heroics as a returning player, or do I need 1 or more additional players? I have the 35 Fervor adornment from Fabled Kael and the green adornment, and I have all the overworld solo achievements done for BoL. All my gear is plat infused and, with a couple infusers on it. I'm at 134.7k Potency, 118 Fervor, 3480 Resolve. I've tried soloing a few CD Heroics, but my Inqusitor Merc just dies from aoe damage and then I follow in about a minute or less. Forgot to mention I'm playing a Wizard.
  11. Raff Well-Known Member

Nope...you can't solo heroics in CD. But due the return of a lot of players and new players there should be multiple groups running that content. CD Raid zones as well for the 70 fervor rune...though not as common as heroic groups.

Ask in chat or find a guild that is doing that content.
  12. dngrmse Active Member

Except they're not doing that content. They mostly have the runes in question, and are playing through the new content they just paid for. New and returning players would also like to play the new content they just paid for, without being gimped because of a simple oversight.
    Whatever999 likes this.
  13. Raff Well-Known Member

They are going back and running those zones on AB. Can't speak for anywhere else.

That said...why should new and returning players be gifted with something everyone worked their tails off for in the previous expac?

If you guys want it bad enough, set up groups and go get it.
    Dude and Cravaro like this.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I've seen a few pick-up raids being formed on Maj'Dul specifically to kill the T1 raid mobs for the 70 Fervor rune. Getting a single group of 120s for the heroics for the 150 fervor rune seems like it would be easy as well.
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Twofeets Active Member

Except that no one is asking for a 'Gift'. That comment alone speaks volumes about your mindset.

First, lets look at the big picture, shall we? Lets face it, the game is slowly dying. From a business model perspective, the last thing Daybreak should do is deter new/returning players, yet that is exactly what this expansion has accomplished.

I've lot track of how many old friends Ive seen return to the game, only to talk about calling it quits due to lack of groups and inability to raid due to lack of ability to 'catch up'. Most of us are experienced players, we are willing to work for the gear, we are not asking for freebies, but the reality is that its horrible game design to force such players to go back and redo old group content. This isnt like the epic, which could be solod. There is literally no recourse for most of us. While my wife and I were able to round up some people for the heroic (55 fervor rune), there is no way to get the 30 fervor summer rune without 'pay to play'.

As to raids, its easy to say 'organize a pickup raid or get your guild..'. One of the downsides to making the blue raid adorns available to alts is there is no reason for players to go back and do that content again. The only people seeking the blue raid runes are new/returning players, and with populations the way they are it's not exactly easy to round up enough to go back and raid old content.

So, you guys can keep your flippant, idiotic attitude and wonder why the population drops around you. We can watch the game continue to slowly die, or you can make it possible for returning/new players to 'catch up'. Take your choice, but for some reason I tend to believe you'll simply go down with the ship (and then complain about it sinking).....
  16. Dude Well-Known Member

Something people have been saying since 2006. Will it eventually die? Sure, but not likely in the next two years.
    Breanna, Raff and Evguenil62 like this.
  17. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Could it be a fervor from Mercenary Battalion buff?
  18. Raff Well-Known Member

Ethereal stuff has always been seasonal. You and your wife and not the first people to come back find that they missed out on a crucial piece of gear from summer ethereals...which even ran well into fall, I might add. Most of us didn't even get those adorns last year until the end of the expac.

And guess what? Their equivalents will show up in this xpac. So if you hang around and play this year, you too will have these types of adorns. I mean...we (well , most of us) had to wait / work nearly a year before we got them. You actually can play without having them.
  19. dngrmse Active Member

I didn't say that/don't put words in my mouth. Thank you. What I did say was that DB should add lesser versions of those fervor runes to BoL. The exact same way they added other items, and gear to BoL. Some of it free in a box for the taking.

They are certainly not returning in droves on my server to do outdated content. Myrist is a ghost town, and there are very rarely more than a few people in the zone. I've checked.
    Whatever999 likes this.
  20. dngrmse Active Member

The problem with this is that new and returning players have no experience with those heroic and raid zones, and very obviously did not shell out money to buy that content when it was new and relevant. As a returning player, I'm not that enthusiastic about being forced to complete a lot of content that I don't feel was worth paying for the first time in order to enjoy the content that I just shelled out quite a bit of money for. And those heroic/event heroic/T1 raid zones are the not the walk in the park that is being claimed, either. I've tried. Those encounters will still one-shot groups and raids, even when composed entirely of level 120 characters. Especially those that are comprised of returning players. Grinding that content now is just unrealistic.
    Whatever999 likes this.