Fervor : Where to get It if you missed CD xpac?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Disrption, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

He's saying that if you skip content, you're hosed. But it's not that simple. Not all old content is necessary or relevant for the current expansion. OTOH, being level 120 makes it fairly easy to go back and get some of the old stuff.

Last expansion we deliberately worked old content to get the KA and PoP raiding buffs. During CD we went and ran GUK obsessively trying to get that blue adorn. People still get the Goblin earring and do the raids to upgrade it for its buff.

I ran the Arcanna'se Spire zones over and over and over and over to complete the collections in there because it gives a good clicky item that gives you a long-lasting buff. It just comes down to what's important to you. I still run the original Moors of Ykesha Guk instance to get the Malvonicus bauble that has an evac on a separate timer from every other evac.

When you get down to it, there is some old stiff that remains useful, but if you WANT it, you have to want it badly enough to do what it takes to get it. You can't expect to have it handed to you. Especially as it gets easier to obtain the more levels we are above the old content.
    Sious, Evguenil62 and Breanna like this.
  2. Gnomfu Active Member

So i see. Nice set of books sofar. but it's in a book with red adorns and they duplicated them to list blue as well on the 3pcs sets. blue adorn : Primary, Secondary, Head, Chest, Shoulders, Forearms, Hands, Legs, Feet, Ranged, Waist, Cloak
  3. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Actually the things you mentioned are more in the category of nice to have extras, not essentials (for a casual heroic type of player). A raider would find the Goblin Earring Essential, but I as a casual player wouldn't NEED it. However, I do need a way to get two manas so I can make a red adorn recipe that gives me a proc for 40 fervor. That's what I"m missing.

The part of this convo I don't get is the complaint about running CD during BoL. Why would (someone else) not want to run all the content, at least just to see it? I mean, I like Norrath. I'd go and do CD even if no blue adorn was on offer. Why is the pleasure of the Bixel Hive not something to seek? I could just stand there and look at it and I've been rewarded for buying BoL. That's what I pay for, the exploration.

I object when exploration become grinding repetition. Not when I have to do an old sig line.
    Whatever999, Rhodris and Sigrdrifa like this.
  4. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I've done the CD sig lines I did them before I started BoL. I can't speak for other posters in this thread.

Still my point is if it's a stat that's needed in BoL there should be ways to get it in BoL. It's not exactly easy to get groups for old content.

Which red adorn procs fervor?
    Whatever999 and Semperfifofum like this.
  5. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

When you open your recipe book and hover over one of the blue recipes, it should tell you the recipe book it came from. Something like....

Voidpiercer's Plate Pauldrons of Rage
    Level: 115
    Technique: Metal Shaping
    Recipe Book: Advanced Armorer Studies 15
    Device: Forge

[Component stuff]

Hope that helps!
    Evguenil62 and Semperfifofum like this.
  6. Gnomfu Active Member

thanks for the info I was able to flop there, but you missed 1 important piece of information.

you need 75 archivist's tremissis - currency for completing solo and heroic missions in CD and it's 2,000plat, 2million status as well. It's also a warlord's insight so you have to replace freebie weapon blue to equip it.

also picked up a 10 ability doublecast for 2H and a better cloak 58K ability mod
    Whatever999 and Semperfifofum like this.
  7. Laita Well-Known Member

There was also a green adorn at the merchant that had 5 fervor on it, picked one of those up as well... Sitting at 116 fervor now, much better than I was, but still half of what I need to be at... aside from the 55/70 CD ones (which I hear don't stack?) I'm not sure what else I'm missing..
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  8. Gnomfu Active Member

thankfully I have 3 Bol green adorns that increase off bol weekly quests
  9. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Empyral Torment

https://u.eq2wire.com/recipe/detail/2689932529

I'd need 2 manas to make it, I have everything else.
    Zynt and Argosunited like this.
  10. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Pact of the Fire Tyrant - Elementalist persistent buff gives 23 Fervor at expert and 30 at Ancient.

Sambata Spirit Stone gives 5 at level 1 to 6.5 at level 10 - Green adorn drops in solos - Levels up doing solo weeklies

Fragment of Nether gives 6.2 at level 1 and 7.7 at level 10 - Green adorn- Achievement reward, not sure which one, levels up doing heroic weeklies.

Chorus of Night - red adorn, drops in solos, gives 10 to combat arts among other things.

Edit - Also, 1.5 to ? on saddles.
  11. Gnomfu Active Member

there is also a sanctum spiritstone.

\aITEM -558192856 419931905:Sanctum Spiritstone\/a

it gives 590 Potency, 6.5 Fevor, 5.5 ability doublecast, 38.5 crit bonus and 135,400 ability mod @ 10
    BoL weekly solo mission level this one

white adorn 4pc set from Panda also gives 5% fevor and 5% fevor overcap
  12. Drona Well-Known Member

Have you not read any of my post? I have said a BoL solo achievement gives blue rune which everyone can get.
    There are recipes dropping from overseers which gives blue adorns but I have not seen any myself.

You yourself have found the Kael merchant so you now have access to 2/3 blue runes yet you complain....
  13. Drona Well-Known Member

You get 65 of those tremissis for doing a weekly CD quest which takes no time at all at 120. Is that a huge ask? Is going back to CD are doing few easy things so difficult? Does everything need to be in BoL content?
  14. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

It is, it is, it does. Everything relevant shall come from the curent expansion. Having alternative ways, i.e doing the old content, is good, but the main source shall be in the curent expansion and within the reach of majority. Why the Hell do we still have the bird statue buff from several expansions ago? Power Raider buffs from PoP, Shard of Hate or whatever? Panda Summer Quests? And many many similar things?
  15. Drona Well-Known Member

Since you say that as a statement of fact, then we have difference of opinion on game design. I am not saying I am right or you are wrong. It just that I approach MMO game design differently from you.

I believe past content should matter and not everything the current expansion need has to come from the current expansion.

I also believe if you take time off a MMO, then there has to be price to pay for that too. What that price is debatable and if EQ2 has got that price correct is also debatable but I don't think a new player or returning player should just walk in.

Why I think all of these are good? I think it will show what kind of player a person is and act as weeding mechanism to deter tourist.

I think we need MMOs with different game design philosophies and not all games have to be the same. WoW and other mainstreams MMO implement the philosophies you suggested and I think EQ2 should be different and implement my philosophies, so we can both be happy :)
  16. Drona Well-Known Member

Here is another blue rune you can get for free. Go the the vendor in Myrist the great library. He sells box of armor and weapons. One of the weapon has the rune equipped so you just need to unlock it and put it on your new weapon. Zero plat required. With that, you should have 3 blues runes and that 100% :)

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Celestial_Rune_of_Reactionary_Strike_(Heirloom)
  17. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

The only way anybody is getting over 200 fervor is with the 80 fervor rune in Kael that requires, and I might be wrong, correct me if so, killing the contested raid mob.
  18. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

The thing is, do you want to continue playing the game? I believe you do.Then without new blood, without "tourist" the game has no future. Just as simple as that. And no sane person will every start playing EQ2 with all the impediments and mechanics.
    Zynt, Dead Alt Account and Korochun like this.
  19. Drona Well-Known Member

Tourist who can't be bothered to talk to merchant for 5 minutes is not going to stay in this game.
    Tourist who can't be bothered to talk to another merchant for 15 minutes is not going to stay in this game.
    Tourist who can't be bothered to spend couple of hours doing some easy instances are not going to stay in this game.

Tourist by definition will move on and they are not going to stay.

EQ2 is old game with many issues. If you want to play EQ2 long term, you will need to put up with worse thing than three blues runes! What I am saying is that, if the lack of 3 blues rune in a box at zone in is bothering you then I am sorry to say you won't like EQ2 :)
  20. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Agreed - I've been having fun two-boxing old content as I work through some of the sig lines to level on the adventure side.

Umm... wow. I'm really hoping you meant a new or returning player will have to work through some portions of the tutorial and content to skill and gear up; that's pretty much a no-brainer and is likely expected by most. I think your messaging could use a little work though, because at first glance, I was like "what an elitist piece of goat feces!"

*facepalm* Read what you wrote again. Twice, if you need to. You are referring to a segment of the gamer population as "tourists" (and why is that a negative, in the first place?) and that they need to be "weeded out." How in the ever-luvin' name of Santa Glug do you expect the game population to INCREASE with attitudes like that?!!

Agree that different games can or should have different philosophies for uniqueness. Thank goodness EQ2 doesn't have to implement your philosophies, because it would likely have already failed.

TL:DR - If you feel a mechanism is needed to weed out "tourists," we will have to agree to disagree.
    Zynt likes this.